Invitation

XLR8

"Minhyuk is in my lane. Minhyuk is in my lane," Hyunwoo kept repeating. 

Hoseok heard it loud and clear while he was battling an alligator to harvest more gold. 

"Hoseok, a little help? He's in Dragon already," Hyunwoo spoke. 

In one team, they get an temporary link within each other, so they can communicate with their minds. That moment, Hyunwoo was asking for Hoseok's help. In one second, Hoseok charged straight into the cockatrice with his shield in front and defeated the monster, receiving more gold and mana. 

"You can turn to Dragon now?" Hoseok asked to Hyunwoo. 

"Yeah." 

And Hyunwoo's answer was supported by his loud roar that thundered the area. Hoseok looked up and saw a gray dragon. It had a small komodo-like body with shiny scales and bright red eyes. What made it different with the other dragons were its gigantic wings. It had a wingspan of almost 100 times his size. Moreover, Hyunwoo had two pairs, the only dragon he knew that had two. He took flight and whipped up a gust of wind at its opponent. Hoseok watched as bolts of blue lightning struck from the sky, as if targeting Hyunwoo. That was definitely Minhyuk. 

"Recap. Kwangji is doing good even in just Battle avatar holding up Yoonho's Dragon avatar. Hyunwoo and Minhyuk are battling their wits out. Seokwon is nowhere to be found, maybe jungling since both Yoonho and Minhyuk were able to transform easily. Should I target the base now?" Hoseok spoke through to both Hyunwoo and Kwangji. 

"Go on. We have enough gold and mana to win," Kwangji answered, as if the sentence rang through Hoseok's mind. 

Hoseok grinned. Time to have some fun. He used up most of his mana to transform to his Dragon avatar. His shield melted and fused with his armor as he transformed to a dragon. His dragon was a serpentine dragon. When he was starting, its scales were composed of pebbles. When he became Alpha, from pure stone, it turned into pure diamonds. A serpentine dragon the size of half of the lanes with scales of auburn diamond, that was Hoseok's Alpha Dragon. With a thundering roar, he slithered his way from the jungle to the middle lane. Once he was there, he pierced his head through the earth and he burrowed his whole body underground. 

When Minhyuk heard the roar, he was certain that it was Hoseok. He returned his focus towards his opponent, Hyunwoo. Minhyuk's Dragon was almost the same as Hoseok's. The Dragon avatar had a serpentine body the size of quarter of a lane and the color of shiny yellow. The girth was smaller compared to Hoseoks, but the head was a little bigger with long whiskers along with it. Its mouth released dark clouds constantly that produced bolts of lightning. Almost every bit of its body produced electricity, and the whiskers produced the highest voltage. 

"Seokwonnie, Hoseok-hyung started his assault. Better go to the middle lane," Minhyuk spoke through their communication. 

"Still in the middle of battling this octopus," Seokwon replied with a small laugh. 

"After, and hurry! He just destroyed the first tower," Minhyuk retorted with urgency. 

In each lane, there were four towers. Two for each team. The players needed to destroy these towers before they could proceed in the base. One didn't need to destroy all. Just destroy two towers in a lane and the base would open. At the base were three strongholds that was needed to be destroyed, then the main tower known as the Heart would appear. Destroy it, and win the battle.

Minhyuk attacked Hyunwoo with a bright yellow beam from his mouth, concentrating high voltage of electricity in it. Hyunwoo managed to dodge the attack, and returned by whipping four tornadoes in Minhyuk's wake. The electric dragon wasn't able to dodge the tornadoes and instead endured the hit. As things were heating up, a notification rang through Minhyuk's─everyone's head. It was a 'Halt' notification, requesting the battle to pause for a while. 

All of the avatars in battle froze in their positions. From the frozen avatars, small blue orbs appeared from the dragons and flew through the arena skies until they got to the second tower of the middle lane. Hoseok was already in his Normal Avatar, but it was in a shade of blue, as if it was only an image. Behind him was the tower, being devoured by his Dragon avatar. All the other blue orbs formed everyone's Normal avatar, only in the same blue form as Hoseok's. 

"Yah, hyung! Hope this is not a trick to know where I am!" Seokwon began. 

Hoseok stifled a laugh. "I'm not gonna resort to those dirty tricks. Anyways, someone sent a request for an Alpha Battle." 

"Really? What's his username?" Minhyuk asked. 

"His username is 'IamwhoIam'. A Level Ten dragon, obviously, even though the level was concealed. His element was concealed too," Hoseok answered. 

"That's weird. Why were there concealed information?" Kwangji questioned. 

"I have to find out. It's okay if I sit this one out? Two against three?" 

"No problem! I haven't even used my Dragon," Kwangji grinned. 

"Hyung you're no fair," Yoonho cut in. 

"Update me on this user. I haven't seen his username in any servers," Minhyuk said with a nod. 

The Search King. Not knowing a username? That was weird. 

"What? You don't? I was kinda hoping you'd give me information," Hoseok said with a soft chuckle. 

"Sorry, hyung. I guess I haven't been updated with the new Level Ten users," Minhyuk answered with a grin. 

"Alright. Hoseok wasn't here. You battled with Wonho, and his username Ohnowonho31," Hoseok said with a laugh. 

"We know, we know. But everyone is dying to meet 'Wonho the Earth Alpha'. You got everyone fooled," Hyunwoo added. 

"Hyung, you're no different, Shownoo618. Only a few of us know who you are," Yoonho retorted with a laugh. 

"Just get on with it. You're challenger is waiting," Kwangji cut everyone and smiled. 

"Wish me luck!" 

"Hyung, you won't need that," Minhyuk replied with a grin, bring a thumbs up. 

Hoseok had smiled at the younger before he swiped his menu and opened his notifications. He pressed the Alpha Challenge notif and pressed 'Accept'. In an instant, he was teleported away from the battle arena while the five watched as his avatars disappear from the battle. 

"Well, that makes two towers down. Time for our assault," Kwangji spoke up as he patted Yoonho's shoulder with a grin. 

"Oh come on, hyung! Be nice with us!" Minhyuk whined a little. 

"You're an Alpha, kid. No more Mr. Nice Guy."

 

 

Hoseok's avatar returned to Battle as he was finally transported to a new setting. An Alpha Battle was basically a one-versus-one duel; the first to lose all his life points loses. The setting, rules, and handicaps were always chosen by the challenger, so he would just know when he was there. And that time, he was transported in a forest. Hoseok took a look around and checked the rules. 

"Timed, 300 seconds; defeat the opponent to win..."

Hoseok was running is eyes through the rules until he got to the last one. 

This is NOT an Alpha Battle. Be defeated and you're bound to be IamwhoIam's husband.

"Is this even legal?!" Hoseok shouted in shock. 

"According to the new updated handbook, it is legal," an unfamiliar voice answered. 

Hoseok looked in front of him and saw the challenger's Battle avatar. It was a normal, human avatar. Normal clothes, almost everything normal. Except his one arm was made of wood. Assessing the Battle avatar, he assumed the other was a Plant elemental. He even thought he was armored way less than average. Something even more shocking caught his eyes. 

"You're only Level 5?! How

"Section 10 of the upgraded handbook states that only Level 10 players can challenge the Alpha to an Alpha Battle. However, it also states that Level 9 players and below can challenge the Alpha in a normal duel, only exchanging the reward of the challenger, as in this case the Alpha status, to another reward, such as our marriage." 

"What the

"Wonho-hyung, please marry me!" 

 

Author's Note

I must really apologize since I couldn't make my update last Sunday. My internet broke down and it was only fixed today. As a compensation, I'm updating two times today, and expect another for Sunday. Stay tune everybody ^^