Maybe We Could

XLR8

And everyone was just staring at Minhyuk, smiling goofily into space. 

"He has been like this for, five minutes?" Hoseok asked. 

"Five and seventeen seconds, and counting," Kwangji corrected. 

"Seriously?" Hoseok retorted. 

Perfectly eating--well, almost perfectly--their school-made food, Hyunwoo, Hoseok, Kwangji and Minhyuk were at the embrace of the cafeteria. The aroma of the delicious food just spread out through the area like a big atomic explosion. That moment, Hyunwoo was eating his double deluxe cheeseburger. Hoseok had a vegan burger (That meatloaf thing inside? It's not meat but tastes like it, he would say). Kwangji had a simple spaghetti and lasagna platter while Minhyuk was still smiling into space. 

"What happened to him, anyway?" Hoseok asked. 

"You know the Plant Kingdom? They have lots and lots of festivals for the ginormous number of plants," Kwangji began, "But for this month, in an alliance with the Phantom Kingdom, they will handle a new festival: the Blue Moon Festival later tonight until next week."

"In celebration of the game's first blue moon ever since it was created, that will rise on the last day of the festival," Hoseok continued, "And it's relation to Minhyuk?" 

"Kihyun virtually asked him out on a date," Hyunwoo answered nonchalantly. 

Upon hearing Hyunwoo's answer, Minhyuk's face began to flare up, making him bury his reddened face in his own palms. Small squeals from the back of his throat escaped as he started a small, happy fit. Hoseok could only nod and look at Minhyuk who was happily expressing his strong feelings towards the male named Kihyun.

"And he'll be taking Minhyuk later out for dinner, then they'll cable--" 

"Hyung!" Minhyuk cut in through Kwangji's explanation. "We're not gonna cable in public..."

Minhyuk's voice became softspoken as his face became redder. Cable Link, or simply Cable or Cabling, was already part of everyday life as well upon the appearance of the GML. As the name suggested, it would require a cable so it could connect two GML's together, granting one person access to the other person's GML, and vice versa. They can share their thoughts and talk within their minds; and share information and files stored in the GML as well. Although, it was a social culture that one must be very close enough to the other person to perform the cable. Cabling in public was just the same as holding hands or hugging affectionately in public. In a nutshell, Cable was a private action done by two persons. 

"Sure you won't, so you'll eat outside then log in to go to the festival? Sweet," Hoseok commented teasingly. 

Minhyuk was about to retort when he noticed a male going to their direction. The male, Changkyun, walked by and stopped beside their table, his eyes had the same determination and energy as Hoseok first met him. 

"Hyung! After class again, alright?" Changkyun spoke. 

A few days after the initiation, it was always like that after the day of Changkyun's initiation. Yoonho and Seokwon had forced a 'yes' from Hoseok for every after class, if Changkyun was free, they would have a duel. Although Hoseok had been defeating him under half a minute, at other cases Changkyun could survive for a minute, which was already commendable. He had admitted to Yoonho and Seokwon that he bought and used boosters to level up, so the latter banned Changkyun of using any upgrades as he had to level up the difficult way. Yoonho and Seokwon arranged everything so they could have a clean and fair fight every time. No handicaps, and same bets. Hoseok only agreed to his in-game civil status. In reality? Yoonho and Seokwon would have to work triple time to help Changkyun out. 

Ever since that day, Yoonho, Seokwon, and Changkyun were inseparable. They were like opposite poles of magnets attracted together. They still hangout with the rest of their group and try their best for Changkyun. In the end, Changkyun fitted perfectly in the group, not just the trio, but the whole group as well. It was just a bit awkward if Changkyun and Hoseok were lifted as subjects. There would be a flustered Changkyun and a nonchalant Hoseok, and a couple shoving away the subject. 

And that day, Hoseok did not like to duel with Changkyun. Not that he didn't appreciate Changkyun's efforts (actually, he totally did, he just didn't want to admit it), but he was getting tired of seeing Changkyun always losing, and having that subtle sadness in his face whenever he lost. It was only a little, then after he would nod determined to defeat him the next day. But it was repetitive and he didn't want to see that sad face that day. He was in a good mood, and wouldn't want to break it with his effort. 

"Don't wanna battle later. Wanna go with me to the Blue Moon Festival instead?" Hoseok asked with a smile. 

"We had a deal! You can't back out from our duel--wait I mean what?" Changkyun stumbled at his words. 

Everyone's eyes were then fixated at Hoseok. Even Minhyuk who was in a trance in the world of Kihyun just stared at Hoseok in disbelief. Did they hear him clearly? Was Hoseok really asking Changkyun out? Hoseok was even asking himself why he asked it. But there was no backing down at the offer. It was a date or a battle--a pretty obvious battle. 

"Let's just have fun later, hm?" Hoseok insisted. 

After Changkyun had absorbed all of the sudden information, his eyes brightened up and almost sparkled with tears. He instantly pressed a button on his GML, making a few swipes here and there before he sends a file to Hoseok. Hoseok's eyes shifted as a popup appeared in front of him. He made a few swipes and opened the file. 

From: Im Changkyun. 

--DO NOT OPEN FILE UNTIL RIGHT TIME--

Conditions for "Right Time"
1. Shin Hoseok knows you
2. Shin Hoseok talks to you
3. Shin Hoseok smiles at you
4. Shin Hoseok asks you out on a date

--IF NOT MET DO NOT OPEN. IF MET, SEND-- 

For Shin Hoseok: Do not watch unless alone.

(attached video) 

"Meet me at the usual, hyung!" Changkyun chirped as he ran while he made a few more swipes, probably calling Yoonho and Seokwon. 

When the younger male was gone, the three was still staring at him. 

"What?" Hoseok asked in defense. 

"Nothing, nothing. I thought you're gonna dismiss him again like you always do. Good thing you have a change of heart," Kwangji snickered. 

"And hyung, it's unlikely of you to ask someone out. In-game or reality," Minhyuk spoke with a cheeky grin. 

"Aren't you guys going to join us?" Hoseok asked. 

"Kihyun," Minhyuk deadpanned with a soft laugh. 

"Hyunwoo and I have that assignment to do, remember? The teacher dumped all the work on us for 'logging in without notice'," Kwangji grumbled. 

"I didn't notice it either. Maybe another Hyunwoo logged me in," Hyunwoo groaned after in discontent. 

"I'm sure he has an account in Dragon Burst. I'll harass him there," Hoseok grinned evilly. 

"Yah hyung that's evil! I'll give his account name later," Minhyuk happily grinned in return. 

 

Author's Note

Yesterday, Sunday, I had a very bad fever so I couldn't update. But today I'm all well so here's the next one! ^^ For the next five chapters, I would call it the "Blue Moon" Arc. It contains everything about the Blue Moon Festival, and each chapter would befocusing on one character or couple, maybe introduce new characters as well. Wink wink. Anyway, how'd you like this chapter? Comments are highly appreciated! Thank you everyone for the support ^^