Donghae's

Winter Promise

 

Chapter 4

Lee Donghae

“Truth or dare?” one asked.

“Dare” Donghae answered.

“Urgh, You’re always picking dare, pick truth for once!” Tiffany irritatingly said. Most of the game’s players agreed and nodded including Sungmin, Nichkhun, Hyuk and Hyoyeon.

“Tch. Alright alright, I’ll pick truth then” Donghae said. Tiffany smiled. “Ask me something now or I’ll pick dare again.” Donghae threatened.

“Who was your first love?” Tiffany immediately asked. All the members of the game looked at her since they all knew that Tiffany has a huge crush on Donghae ever since they met and that she may also want Donghae to say her name as his first love. Donghae, who was the only involved, also knew this but still didn’t mind it.

“Hmm, her name’s..” Donghae started with a little bit of hesitation in the end. Sungmin carefully looked at the still hesitating Donghae and tilted his head. “What’s her name?” Sungmin asked. Donghae immediately turned his head and gave Sungmin a ‘’say-I-don’t-have-to-say-it!’’ look. Sungmin who was with Donghae for almost the rest of his life understood the look and said “OK, you don’t have to say her name then”

Tiffany who wasn’t convinced with the idea lightly groaned and pouted. Hyuk who was able to see this said “Whatever Donghae likes, we just have to respect his decision” which made everyone looked at him. “Anyways, it was his first love. WAS as in from the past and LOVE which is not just a simple puppy love or crush.” Eunhyuk added. Everyone nodded with what Hyuk said except for Tiffany who still didn’t like the idea.

Donghae still had a little of hesitation with what Eunhyuk said. ‘Was? The one he loved from the past? Is it really still from the past?’ He thought.

“Aish” Hyoyeon said with the hint of impatience in her voice. “You know, if you don’t want to reveal her name then just tell us a story about her.” Khun suggested.

“Yeah, just share a story. It could be just a story about her, the funniest one or it may also be the most memorable one” Sungmin said. Everyone agreed.

Donghae puffed his cheeks while thinking of something. ‘Why is Sungmin not helping me with this? Urgg… Does he want me to say something?’ Donghae thought. He glanced at Sungmin who was carefully staring at him and immediately thought of something which caused him to slightly smirk.

“You want to know the most memorable one? Well..” Donghae started while looking at Sungmin who was nodding. Sungmin who knew what Hae’s plan was gave Hae an ‘’I-know-your-plan’’ look which caused Hae to just look at the others not wanting to ruin his plan.

“It was winter that time. I had an opportunity to talk with her before we both parted. We made a promise about something involving our relationship, the future and the school we needed to attend. That was our last conversation to each other, no one even dared to text or call the other person and I don’t know why that happened. But I still knew that that promise still needed to be made and done so let’s just say that that was the reason why I entered this school….” Donghae finished. Surprisingly, all of the members who didn’t know a thing about this were drawn to the story and nearly didn’t believe Donghae.

“Really?” Hyoyeon suddenly said giving Hae a look. “Yup, why?” Donghae asked him. “I believe that the story really happened but my mind keeps saying not to believe you” Hyoyeon answered. “It’s okay if you don’t want to believe me, it’s up to you guys anyways” Hae said. “No, I believe you” Sungmin said looking and nodding at Donghae. Donghae gave him a confused look but just smiled.


1st day of school~

“Donghae!” Dara shouted. “Yeah?” Donghae replied while turning his head to see the person who said his name.

“There’s a council meeting after 10 minutes. Be sure to attend, okay? It’s our first meeting this year.” Dara said. Donghae nodded as Dara left. Once inside his classroom, he searched for his chair and put his bag on it. That time, there were only 4 bags inside the classroom since it was still early and since it’s also the 1st day of school. One bag was his, the other two were definitely Dara’s and Hyoyeon’s, and the remaining one was unknown. It was placed on the chair between Dara’s and Hyo’s- without a name. “Must be a new student” Donghae mumbled to himself. Once said, he shrugged his shoulders then went straight ahead to the meeting room.

Meeting room~

“Okay, since Kyuhyun is still isn’t here and there’s still no appointed VP, we’ll let Taeyeon just do the talking” Dara said as Donghae went inside the room which caused all the members to looked at him. “Good Morning, nice to see you again~” Donghae said with an awkward and shy smile. “Sit beside Siwon over there” Taeyeon said while pointing at Siwon’s direction. “Okay” Donghae replied.

“Okay, so since our VP already graduated last year and representatives for each year are still undecided, our president advised us to make a list of all the students in all years and vote for who we think will deserve the position and status” Taeyeon said while walking to the front side of the room. “I have all the students’ names listed already. This list includes all the old and new students this year.” Dara said while giving folders which contain the list to all the members including Taeyeon and herself. “Kyuhyun was worried that you might not vote for new students since you still don’t know them, so what I did was search for there bio via the enrollment and information sheet they passed when enrolling in this school. The bios are also there in the folders” Dara continued as she and all the members opened the folder and read it.

After a few minutes, Kyuhyun was already in the room also reading the new students’ bios and such. He then stood up and passed sheets of paper to the other members. “Once you’re done reading, you may then vote. Remember, vote for the one who you think deserves it, this council doesn’t need another girl stalking every member of the group especially the important ones” Kyuhyun said while focusing his look on Donghae who immediately turned his head and coughed.

“Once you’re done voting, submit your votes to Dara. I’ve already submitted my votes to Dara last week while we were searching over the new students’ bios. If you want any good suggestions, you can base your decision from my votes or just ask Dara since she knows about the students more. I’ll now take my leave.” Kyuhyun said the left the room. Once gone, Donghae raised his hand and said Dara’s name. Dara turned her head sideward to look at Donghae. “Yeah?” she said. “So?” Donghae asked while pointing at his voting sheet. Dara then knew what he was talking about and gave him and some of the members some suggestions. While Donghae was looking at the students’ bios which Dara suggested, he stopped at a certain page which caused him to stand up and ran towards Dara’s direction.

“Park Hye Rin?!” Donghae said in a low tone. “Why didn’t you tell me about this? I thought she wasn’t coming back” Donghae asked while sitting on the chair beside Dara.

“What are you talking about? Didn’t Leeteuk tell you?” Dara said. “Umm, obviously NO” Donghae replied.

“Yah, I tried calling you once I knew but you weren’t responding. Leeteuk said that you may already know since you and Hyuk are neighbors and that he may have already told you too so I stopped contacting you.”

“Didn’t I tell you that I already changed my number and that I was on a vacation?” Donghae asked still trying to defend his side.

“Yes you did tell me that but when you did, you didn’t text me your new number but only sent it to Sungmin and Hyoyeon. I just got your new number this morning when Hyo sent it to me.”

Donghae sighed in disbelief. “Now, I don’t get you. Why are you so worried? Didn’t you want her to come back? Why are you like that then?” Dara asked.

“I’m not worried, I’m just surprised” Donghae replied. “You can meet her after this. After all she’s our new classmate” Dara said which again cause Donghae to be in shock. Dara giggled and added “Don’t be so worried, it’s not like she’s a stranger to you… I’m sure she still hasn’t forgotten about you.” Donghae let out a sigh of relief and gave his voting sheet to Dara. “I already voted for her, here” Dara then took it and gave Donghae a warm smile.



 

A/N: Please don’t be mad at me for not updating too fast T_T We really have lots of projects this quarter and the weekends are occupied because of programs we need to attend… like tomorrow, we need to attend this contest because 2 of our schoolmates are there and we need to cheer them and that is such a bad timing since I have a sore throat now AND IT REALLY HURTS DX

Anyways, the ‘real’ story will begin next chapter…I will try to update as soon as possible~