Lee Sungmin

Winter Promise

 

Chapter 2

Lee Sungmin

Italicized “mom” means Donghae’s mom

Real mom/ just “mom” means real mom


“Sungmin!” Sungmin’s mom shouted while looking for the little kid. “We have to go now, your grandma may be mad if we come late again.” She said as she finally found who she was looking for. Sungmin was sitting outside the house; his eyes looking at his hands which was clasped together and was mumbling something to himself. “Sungmin, there you are.” His mom said while putting some bags beside Sungmin’s seat. “Carry these to the car and call your brother. We have to go now.” Sungmin stood up from his seat, carried the bags beside it and put them inside the car. “Donghae!” Sungmin yelled while looking at Donghae who was still in the middle of saying goodbye to a friend. “Okay hyung!” Donghae replied.

Lee Sungmin was older than Donghae by 2 months. They were somehow related but Sungmin was Donghae’s adopted older brother. When Sungmin was still around 4 years old, his parents broke up and separated- he left with his dad. After a year, Sungmin let his dad send him to a foster home, which his selfish aunt owned, and let him stay there for a while. When he heard the news that his dad died, he told his aunt that he wanted to be adopted. That was when Donghae’s mom came and adopted the little Sungmin. Donghae’s mom and Sungmin’s dad were siblings; they were the closest out of all their other brothers and sisters. Sungmin stayed and lived at Donghae’s house for almost 2 years. When he thought that he was being a burden to them, he decided to live with his grandma. At that time, his real mom married his current dad, one of the most influential businessmen in Korea, and planned to get Sungmin back once again and yes, they successfully did get him back. After some time living with his real mom and his step dad who got him back, he wanted to go back to his other mom; Donghae’s mom. He again stayed there for a month and spent some time with his former family.

It was December 24 when Sungmin and Donghae’s family went to visit his grandma. They stayed there for 4 days and went back immediately. After some years, Sungmin was already 15 yrs. Old and was living with his real mom again. Like with what he and Donghae planned, they attended Seoul University and had their 1st year there.

It was the 1st day of school; 1st day of Sungmin being a 2nd year student. Sungmin walked towards the school entrance and looked around for any familiar students while heading to his assigned class. Sungmin was in class 2- B; together with Eunhyuk and Nichkhun.

“Sungmin! Over here!” Eunhyuk shouted while waving his hand towards Sungmin’s direction. Sungmin’s seat was beside Eunhyuk’s which was in front of Nichkhun’s.

“Aish, it’s that face again” Eunhyuk sighed while looking at Sungmin’s face. Sungmin just looked at him and chuckled.

“Yah, this is the face that got you in this school.” Sungmin said while pointing at his face. Yes, Sungmin was the reason why Eunhyuk even got into the school. He patiently tutored the same-aged boy months before they took the school’s exam. Miraculously, the lazy student Eunhyuk passed the exam and got enrolled at the school.

Eunhyuk just gave Sungmin a blank face and turned to talk to Nichkhun. Sungmin sat down and started fixing his things. He was excited to be in school again, to meet his long time friends, study his lessons, tell stories about his summer to his classmates, etc.

“Ah, Sungmin” Eunhyuk started while turning his head to see the baby-faced classmate. “You should go and visit the other classroom with us later.” he finished.

“Eh? Why? Is something going on there? What class?” Sungmin asked hint of curiosity in his voice.

 “Class 2-A, Dara and Hyoyeon are there, Rin also.” Eunhyuk nodded.

Sungmin was startled. “Rin?” he asked eyes wide open.

“Yep, Dara and Hyoyeon already talked to her. We said we wanted to greet her but they stopped us and gave us evil stares telling us that they wanted to spend some more time with her.” Eunhyuk said lowering his head and voice at the last statement.

Sungmin, who was still a little startled, had a blank face while looking at Eunhyuk.

“So… you’ll come, right?” Nichkhun said which caused Sungmin to wake up. “Um.. yeah, sure” Sungmin said in a low voice but was enough for Nichkhun and Eunhyuk to hear. The two boys nodded and went back to their previous topic. Sungmin was then staring at his table mumbling something.

“So, the winter girl came back.” Sungmin whispered.



 

A/N: thanks for the subscribers :) and OMG! BIGBANG won at the EMAs!! :D I'm such a proud VIP <3 hahahahahaha... BB won with about 58 MILLION votes! RECORD BREAKING!! I'm so proud for them T^T

plus NO SILENT READERS please.... T_________T