Chapter 9

Silent Warriors

The next day, Dongwoo hadn’t allowed Sungyeol to go to work.

He had literally locked Sungyeol into his apartment.

Sungyeol banged against the door, but his attempts fell on deaf ears.


“I'll tell them you called in sick! No worries! Enjoy your day off!”

That wasn't the response Sungyeol had aimed for.

 

Sungyeol didn't know what he should do, so he flopped himself onto the bed Dongwoo had offered him.

A few seconds later, he straightened up again and picked his laptop out of his bag.

 

While his laptop was starting to warm up, Sungyeol went to get a cup of tea.

While the water boiled, Sungyeol leaned against the counter and played with his phone. He listened to the water blubbering. His peaceful mind was interrupted by a three messages coming in at once, resulting in his phone vibrating for nearly thirty seconds.

 

Sungyeol opened the messages. All three were from Woohyun. He skipped the messages. Sungyeol decided they weren't important enough to reply yet, so he closed the app and continued to play.

 

Two minutes later the water boiler had clicked, signaling it was done.

Sungyeol prepared his tea and made is way back into the room he was sleeping in.

 

Another message arrived, this time from Hoya. Sungyeol scoffed, throwing his phone in the opposite direction he sat onto the bed.

 

He put the mug onto the night table, crossed his legs on the bed and placed the laptop on them.

He started his research.

 

It was funny to him. On his forced day off from the hospital and all these patients, Sungyeol was spending his free time on researching about a disease.

 

He lost track of the time. Sungyeol had written many notes on his small notepad. He was now searching up the exact symptoms. He had been so immersed in what he was reading, that he had completely forgotten about his tea.

 

The ringing of his phone pulled him out of his thoughts. Sungyeol rubbed his eye tiredly and picked his phone up without looking at who was calling.

 

“Hello?” He tiredly spoke into the speaker.

There was a small silence. Just as Sungyeol was about to ask who it was and why they weren't speaking, the voice he wanted to hear the least right this moment rung out.

 

“You didn't appear today and you weren't home when I came so..I wanted to make sure you're fine. You know, safe and stuff. Dongwoo just told me...that you called in sick.” Woohyun sounded sincerely worried.

Sungyeol didn't want to deal with him right now. He was still hurt from the older's accusations yesterday.

 

“Great.” Sungyeol mumbled more to himself than to anyone else.

“Look Sungyeol, I'm sorry about-”

Sungyeol scoffed. And just ended the call.

 

“How can someone apologize over the phone? I can't believe this..” He mumbled angrily again.

He threw the phone behind his laptop again.

“Where was I..” Sungyeol went back to reading about the symptoms.

 

Just ten minutes had passed and another call came in. Sungyeol ignored it. But it seemed like this person was keen on talking to him. So he picked up.

“Hello, Lee Sungyeol here?” Sungyeol nearly yawned into the speaker.

 

“Dr. Lee, I'm Park Sinwoo from the hospital directory.”

Sungyeol dropped his hand from his eye, clearly shocked.

 

“Mr. Park, what a pleasant surprise!”

Sungyeol lied, it wasn't pleasant at all. He felt his heart plummet to his pants. Did Hoya really fire him?

“We've revised your and several hundred other applications. We thought very long about who to pick.”

Silence followed as Sungyeol held his breath anxiously.


“We heard that you're just an assistance doctor, but you are already teaching students. And since Dr. Lee recommended you and we only heard positive doings of your work, we decided to give you the open spot. Now you're legally allowed to teach your students. We will overlook this though. Please come by tomorrow to sign your new contract. Have a nice day, Dr. Lee.”

 

Without waiting for a response, Mr. Park had finished the call, leaving Sungyeol to stare at his phone in disbelief. He let out the breath he had been holding in.

He was now an attending! He had climbed up the ladder a bit further.

 

Sungyeol was excited, he had to tell Woohyun. But then his bubble of excitement burst, as he remembered yesterdays proceedings.

 

He turned his phone off, glanced one last time onto his laptop screen and notepad, deciding he had worked enough for the past eight hours. Sungyeol closed his laptop, stored it away in his bag again and slipped into the comfy bed.

 

He fell asleep right away.

 

Sungyeol slept through until the next day, missing the dinner Dongwoo made. The smaller one didn't want to wake the overworked doctor up and let him catch up the sleep he had offered up for the hospital.

 

Sungyeol woke up at four in the morning, tabbing into the bathroom to start with his morning routine.

Two hours later, Sungyeol was taking his bag and phone. He silently closed the door and made his way to the elevator.

 

Inside, he his phone for the first time since yesterday. Sungyeol literally was overrun by hundreds of missed calls and texts from Woohyun and occasionally Hoya.

 

He went through every message on his way.

Most of them were the same, asking if he was okay, if he already had eaten, if he rested well.

One message stood out though. Woohyun congratulated him for earning the attending spot.

 

Sungyeol knew Woohyun was sincerely sorry. Sungyeol wasn't ready to give in yet, though. He could be stubborn and his feelings were really hurt. It'd take time for him to be able to fully forgive Woohyun, for falling basically into his back like that in a time where he should have backed Sungyeol up.

 

He arrived too early, as usual, and went straight to his office. Usually he would get a cup of coffee from the nurse lounge.

 

In his office he switched his jacket with his white coat. Sungyeol pinned his name tag onto his white coats pocket. Sungyeol took his time, he still had fifteen minutes left until his shift started.

 

He stretched a little, smoothing down his white button down shirt. It had a black colouring, starting from the collar a little on the shoulders and finally going diagonally down to his chest. It looked like a black triangle. Sungyeol made sure his shirt was tucked in safely into his white, fitting pants.


He figured that he should get the new contract now, instead of lazying around in his office. Sungyeol made his way towards the office of said Mr. Park.

 

Upon knocking, he was granted permission to enter. There was little to no talk as he skimmed through his new contract. Sungyeol swiftly signed it. Before he left, Mr. Park shook his hand and held the door open.

 

Sungyeol was officially an attending now. He clasped his pink stethoscope, Sungyeol felt like he was going to burst from joy. He had studied and struggled, failed and picked himself up again. And he finally reached one of his goals.

 

Sungyeol entered the station and made his way to the shelf, searching the files he needed.

 

“You're late.”

Sungyeol rolled his eyes at the comment. Of course his shift had to start with Hoya telling him that he was late, for two minutes.

 

“Yeah yeah, no break.” Sungyeol pulled five files out and straightened up afterwards.
“Now if you excuse me, Sir, I need to start working.” Sungyeol pushed past him, his white coat flattering with every step he took.

 

Sungyeol went straight to Sunggyu's room.

He knocked twice softly and entered after getting approval.

 

Woohyun was in the room, cleaning the bed. Sunggyu was supporting himself on a wheeled walker, making sure he wasn't putting any pressure onto his inured side.

 

Sungyeol greeted Sunggyu cheerfully, who responded equally as bright.

Both waited for Woohyun to finish cleaning the bed. Sungyeol pulled a chair towards Sunggyu's bed. Woohyun helped Sunggyu slowly walk towards and helped him lay down onto the bed.

 

The second Sunggyu had laid down, Woohyun stepped back behind Sungyeol's chair.

“Mr. Kim, I assume you read the paper I gave you a few days ago?”

Sunggyu nodded.

“I'm fine with it. Whatever you want to do with that, anyway. But.”

 

Sungyeol looked up from the file.

“But?” he repeated. Woohyun was chewing his lips.

 

“I want to know what's happening. Why can't I walk anymore? I believe I asked you before but you somehow managed to avoid answering.”

Woohyun stared down onto the file, reading the notepad papers Sungyeol had written yesterday.

 

“Well, Mr. Kim. You have every right to know what's happening. After all it is your body.” Sunggyu just nodded.

“I didn't want to say anything without my assumptions being verified for sure. After a lot of research, I came to the conclusion that you might have Becker's disease. It's a myopathy, a musuclar disease.”

Sunggyu was silent for around five minutes, his face was unreadable.

“Is that why you asked me if any family member had a muscular disease?”

Sungyeol nodded.

 

“What's going to happen now?”

Sungyeol hesitated. “Mr. Kim, it is not absolutely verified yet.”

Sunggyu looked him straight into the eye, completely unaware of how Woohyun stepped from one foot to another.


“Then how sure are you?” Sungyeol thought that Sunggyu was way too calm for a situation like this, way too rational.

“There's a 99% chance of you having it.”

Sunggyu laughed or scoffed, Sungyeol couldn't tell.


“So it's basically verified.”

Sungyeol shook his head. “It isn't. One percent can change everything.”

Sungyeol gave him a smile.


“We will be able to tell more after the biopsy. I'll come by around noon again, yes? Do you have any questions about the biopsy?”

Sunggyu paused. “Yeah. How much will it hurt after the anesthesia wore off?”


He held Sungyeol's gaze.

“We will give you painkillers, if you want to. Like that you will barely feel anything.”

Sungyeol gave another reassuring smile, which Sunggyu returned.

 

“Alright, then until noon!” Sunggyu was definitively too positive about this.

Sungyeol stood up, putting the chair back onto it's old position and left the room.

Woohyun followed him.

 

“Nurse Nam, please get the biopsy set ready by one pm.” Sungyeol jotted down a few things while he walked. He didn't look up from the file as he spoke to his best friend.

 

Woohyun pursed his lips, but didn't say anything else.

 

At last, Sungyeol checked up on Mrs. Oh. He had taken the female student, who had mastered a Cricothyrotomy, if Sungyeol dared to say, with ease.

The student was now following Sungyeol into Mrs. Oh's room, all dressed up in the yellow tunic, blue disposable gloves and a mask.

 

Sungyeol asked her a few questions, which she answered smoothly.

Sungyeol made the necessary check ups and everything seemed fine.

 

Outside the room, as they disposed the attires, Sungyeol informed her of the biopsy.
“Tell everyone to come to Mr. Kim's room. A muscle biopsy will be performed and anyone, whose patient doesn't need to be attended that moment, can come and watch.”

 

She nodded and saluted, giving a smile, before she disappeared from the ICU.

He put on another tunic and a new pair of gloves and mask. Sungyeol entered the room of the burn victims, one by one. None of them were his patients, except the small child.

 

Sungyeol had been told that his mother had been on the plane too, just like his older brother. His brother hadn't made it. His mother was driven to another hospital.

 

Sungyeol felt bad for him. No one was here to take care of him. He was still so young.

They had to induce him into an artificial coma. This hospital had no pediatric station, hence why he was now in the normal ICU. Sending him off to another hospital would have been too risky.

 

Sungyeol controlled all his values. He sat down next to the bed, the boys hair softly.
“You have to be strong, so your mother will be too.”

 

It was a sad sight, Sungyeol knew. Before he left the room, he looked at the boy again. He was hooked up to all these machines meant for adults. The beeping usually annoyed Sungyeol, but in the boys case it reassured him. That he was still there. He wasn't supposed to be here. He was supposed to play with children his age on the playground, to go to school, meet his friends, ride the bicycle. He was supposed to do all of that, but he wasn't supposed to be fighting for his life, supported by machines.

 

Sungyeol silently closed the door behind him, as if he was afraid to wake him up. He heaved a sigh, and disposed the attire all over again. He stared a few minutes into the trash for the tunics.

Sungyeol knew he would never be able to handle children who got hurt like the boy well.

 

Back on the way to his office, he stumbled upon the son of Mrs. and Mr. Oh watching him intently from a corner.

Sungyeol was confused, but highly uncomfortable. He didn't know what to do, so he did the only thing that came to his mind: Wave and go away.

 

Even if he didn't see it, he knew that the son was still watching him. Sungyeol felt his eyes burn into his retreating back.

 

Before he could reach his office, though, nearly all students came up to him to ask him if their approach of treatment was good or if they were having a faux pas.

Sungyeol either assured them that they had the right treatment or he'd tell them, no, that it was the wrongest way they could have chosen. As well as that he will not be always present to help them out and that they as doctors need to learn to be independent, to make decisions without going around, asking everyone.

 

He cooked himself coffee, and sat down to drink it as he wrote a report for the orthopedics station about patient Kim Myungsoo.

 

Sungyeol sipped his coffee. Noting the time, he finished his cup and left, on his way to Kim Sunggyu's room. A handful of students where already waiting in front of the door.

 

Sungyeol greeted them, offering them a smile.

Sungyeol knocked and waited again for a response. The second he got it, he entered the room.

 

There was Woohyun again, setting up the biopsy table. Sungyeol disinfected his hands and pulled disposable gloves on. The students followed what he did.

 

“Mr. Kim, hello.” Sungyeol had yet again pulled the chair next to the bed.

Sunggyu waved slightly.

“I assume nurse Nam told you about our little guests?” Sungyeol smiled friendly.

“Yes he did, and no I have no problems with them watching.” Sunggyu waved slightly to the students. A few waved back.


“Very kind of you, Mr. Kim. I'll have to explain them what I'm doing, so if you want to you can plug in your earphones and listen to music.”

Sungyeol offered, as he stood up again and Woohyun began to unpack the sterile tunic and gloves.

 

Woohyun helped Sungyeol into the gloves and then into the gown. Sungyeol tied the ribbons of the tunic together and pulled the gloves over the gowns arms.

Lastly he put on a mask and hair net. Sunggyu watched him with interest. Woohyun had already been dressed in these gowns as Sungyeol and his students had entered.

 

For safety reasons, the students stood a little further away, diagonally, from Sungyeol. Like that, they had a perfect view on what was about to happen and still a safe distance away from Sunggyu. Sungyeol didn't want to risk a wound infection.

 

“It's only going to take a few minutes, Mr. Kim.” Sungyeol said as he looked for the muscle he needed.

Sunggyu didn't say anything as Sungyeol continued to palpate his leg up and down. Woohyun had positioned Sunggyu onto his side, so that his broken hip was facing up, giving Sungyeol a very good view onto the muscle strings he needed.
Sungyeol found the muscle, putting a little more pressure onto it.

Woohyun silently handed him the disinfection and swab.

 

“There are many ways a muscle biopsy can be performed, for various reasons. You can use a local anesthetic, like I am about to do, or you can use a general anesthetic. The latter is usually done when, Mr. Yook?” Sungyeol didn't look up as he put pressure onto the muscle of the thigh again. “Mr. Kim, it's going to be a little cold now.”


Sungyeol took the swab with a tweezer and dabbed it into the disinfectant container. After that he graciously disinfected the whole thigh.

He repeated it another three times, each time with a new swab.

 

“General anesthesia is recommended if the patient is a child or a skin sample has to be taken, as well.” Finally the student had replied.

 

Woohyun put the container back onto the working table and offered Sungyeol the syringe filled with anesthesia.

 

“Very Good, Mr. Yook. Mr. Kim, it's going to prickle a little now.” Sungyeol offered the oldest. Sunggyu didn't say anything as he listened to what Sungyeol was explaining.


Sungyeol swiftly injected the anesthesia under the skin.

Sungyeol pulled out the syringe and handed it back to Woohyun.

 

Since he had to wait a few minutes for the anesthesia to operate, Sungyeol slightly turned towards the students.

“When should be a muscle biopsy done?”

He waited for one of them to reply.

 

A small hand raised. Sungyeol looked at them, waiting for them to speak up.

“If there's a muscle disorder suspected. Usually, when the patient shows signs of declined work of muscles, for example in the arms or legs.”

 

It was, of course, student Yoo who had answered. If she continued in this pace, she probably would be taken over by the ICU immediately.

“Correct, Miss Yoo.”
 

“Mr. Kim, if you feel me pressing onto your leg please tell me.”

Sungyeol turned around again, starting to put pressure onto the sedated skin.

“I'm not sure, I feel it but I also don't feel it.” Woohyun heard the edginess out of Sunggyu's voice.

 

Sungyeol pressed onto a part of the skin that wasn't sedated. “How about now?”

“I'm feeling it.” Sungyeol nodded.

“What about now?” again he put pressure onto the sedated part.

“Okay, I'm not feeling it.” Sunggyu picked on the hem of the pillow.

 

“Alright. Could you please hand me the scalpel, nurse Nam?”

Sungyeol held out his hand as he looked Woohyun into the eyes. It annoyed Woohyun that Sungyeol went back to the formal language, but he couldn't do anything other than compile and hand him the sterile scalpel.

 

“Why aren't you allowed to sedate through the muscles?”

Sungyeol yet again asked, while he unpacked the scalpel.

 

“Because it could destroy the muscle sample.” The answer came quicker this time.

“That's right.”

Sungyeol put the scalpel lightly onto the thigh.

 

“Mr. Kim, if you feel anything, please scream or tell me. I prefer if you just tell me though.” Sungyeol smiled, and Sunggyu laughed.

 

Sungyeol put pressure onto the scalpel and made an even cut. A little blood oozed out. Woohyun bent over and dabbed the blood away as Sungyeol continued to cut through three muscle layers.

 

“After you made a small cut to the skin, you need to cut through around three muscle tissues. Make sure you're cutting softly, so the patient won't be in too much pain afterwards. Once you reached the third layer, take a wooden pick and wind the muscle tissue in direction of travel around the pick. The pick is supposed to be three centimeters, as you can see.” Sungyeol held the pick up.

 

“The muscle tissue should be lifted slightly. Make sure the tissue isn't bigger or smaller than 0.5 millimeters.”

Sungyeol started to wind the tissue around the pick. Once he had finished, he laid the pick carefully into a container with a special secret, to keep the muscle from any damage and alive.

 

“You have to be careful with the sample. If you slip even just a nano meter it could destroy the sample.”

He closed the lid.

 

“The last step is to sew the muscle tissues one by one again.”

Sungyeol quickly finished, as Woohyun cleaned up the work table.

 

Sungyeol just knotted the suture.
“Mr. Kim, I hope everything's fine so far? Did you feel anything?”
Sunggyu shook his head. “Just a little pressure but nothing more.”

Sungyeol smiled.
“That's good, wonderful. How it is supposed to be.”

 

“Mr. Kim I have to ask you not to move for the next few hours. Nurse Nam will tell the caterer that they should store your lunch away and warm it up for you later.”

Sungyeol took the sample lightly.

 

“I'll get back to you with the results as soon as possible.”
Sunggyu just watched him carefully.

Sungyeol bid him good bye, leaving Woohyun behind and the students to follow him.

 

Two minutes later, the sample was sent to the laboratories.

Woohyun tried to corner Sungyeol over the day multiple times, but the latter always managed to escape before Woohyun succeeded.

 

Sungyeol needed his space now, even if he felt childish. He didn't want to talk to Woohyun, or anyone else of that matter.

He ran around, checking up on his patients more often than needed.

 

Sungyeol also avoided Hoya.

The only nurse he wanted to work with was Dongwoo, so he often asked him to help him out. Dongwoo never declined and did.

 

Sungyeol finished his evening round, as he came out of the last room.

He made his way to the back office of the lounge, sitting down and waiting for the staff to pile in. He just wanted to get over with the transmission.

 

Five minutes later, Dongwoo had plopped himself down next to Sungyeol. The small room filled seconds later and the transmission began.

 

Sungyeol was the last one to hand over his patients.

“As I said this for the past few months. Make sure Mrs. Oh is laid at the described angle. Check up on her every four hours. And for the small kid, check up on him every two and write his values down.”

 

Doctors and nurses alike wrote down Sungyeol's instructions.

The whole meeting had taken up around thirty minutes.

 

Sungyeol stretched his long limbs, once he had left the small back office.

He went back to his office, officially ending his shift for the first time in his life on time.

 

He had gotten a letter, from the leading attending.

Sungyeol picked it up and sat onto his chair, leaning his elbows up against the desk as he opened the letter.

 

Sungyeol read the letter three times, if not more.

He was asked to take vacation. Sungyeol tried to remember when the last time was where he actually was free for two weeks or longer. It perhaps was when he was still in University.

 

The letter said that Sungyeol had too many unused vacation days and that he should come and look for her after his shift ended to discuss his hours of labor.


Sungyeol didn't know if he should cry or laugh. He let out another sigh as he stored the letter into his bag.

He took of his white coat, exchanging it with his jacket. Sungyeol took his bag and slung it over his shoulder.

 

Outside, he locked his office and made his way to the leading attending.

Sungyeol had been inside for five minutes and he already wanted to run away.

 

Many people in his position would have gladly taken the three weeks off. But Sungyeol wasn't anyone. He reluctantly accepted it. Not that he had a choice anyway.

 

Another ten minutes later, after Sungyeol had signed the last paper, the attending ushered him out.

Sungyeol hoped that he at least could avoid Woohyun for today as well.

 

He had reached the glass doors, his hand already hovering over the strike as someone called out his name.

Sungyeol begrudgingly turned around and stared Hoya down.

 

“What do you want?” Was Sungyeol's cold reply.

Hoya raised an eyebrow ever so slightly.

 

“Look I-” Hoya cut himself off as Sungyeol's stare turned into a glare.

“Yeah don't worry, I already have found someone who'll take over my patients. Now excuse me, I want to enjoy my evening.”

Sungyeol marched out of the station, disappearing in the elevator.

He made sure to catch Hoya's eyes for one last time, making sure he saw Sungyeol's icy glare.

 

“But that's not what I wanted to say..” Hoya said into the empty space with a small pout, pretending that Sungyeol was still in front of him.

 

With heavy steps, Hoya made his way back to his office, letting out his frustration on the sub-interns.

 

Sungyeol on the other hand, had arrived home already.

He didn't waste any second as he dug up his suitcase.

Sungyeol folded t-shirts as well as pants and button ups onto his bed.

 

Three hours later, he had finished packing his suitcase. Sungyeol rolled it into the living room.

Sungyeol went to grab a cup of water as the front door was opened and heavy steps halted in the living room.

 

Woohyun had just come home.

“Oh god no, he's leaving me. Or worse, he's kicking me out. Where am I going to live? How am I going to live?”
Sungyeol sipped his water, clearly amused by Woohyun's monologue.

 

 

“Im so dumb, I shouldn't have let my frustration out on him. It's not like Sungyeol went up to him and told him 'Hey, Sunggyu! How about you fall down, break your hip and scare nurse Woohyun!' I'm so stupid..He's going to hate me forever... I will die lonely without a best friend telling everyone about my stupidity..”
A loud thud was heard, as if Woohyun had thrown himself onto the floor.

Sungyeol chuckled into his glass as he no longer could control himself.

Apparently, Sungyeol's chuckle was more of a loud laugh. Woohyun stopped talking to himself.

 

Sungyeol put his glass onto the counter, moving carefully into the living room.

Indeed, Woohyun was lying on his stomach next to Sungyeol's suitcase. Woohyun had pushed his face into the carpet. His arms and legs were sprawled out.

 

Sungyeol tried to stay mad, though he couldn't seeing how scared Woohyun had gotten by just seeing a suitcase in the living room.

 

He plopped down onto the free space next to Woohyun, who still didn't look up.

Before Sungyeol could say something, he heard Woohyun's muffled voice.

 

Sungyeol couldn't decipher what Woohyun said. The older let out another wail.

Finally, Woohyun lifted his head slightly. “Don't leave me.” He meekly whispered. Then he let his head fall back onto the carpet.

 

Sungyeol just raised his eyebrows as he watched the bundle in human form lie there.
However as Woohyun got no vocal answer, he continued.


“I'm sorry. Really. I shouldn't have- I saw you were busy but- I just like him so much- I'm so sorry!”
Woohyun had cut himself off approximately four times. Sungyeol opened his mouth to say something, but Woohyun had pushed himself up and thrown his body full force onto Sungyeol.


Woohyun held him in a bone crushing hug, Sungyeol now lying on his back and Woohyun pressing his face into Sungyeol's neck as kept apologizing for yelling at him without a reason.

Sungyeol tried to push Woohyun off, though the latter just tightened his hold on the taller the more Sungyeol moved.

In the end Sungyeol gave up and patted Woohyun's back, until Woohyun had calmed down.

 

Once Sungyeol was sure that Woohyun would let him go, he peeled off Woohyun's arms from his body.

Woohyun's head hung low.
He once more said “Don't leave me.” barely audible this time.

 

Sungyeol shook his head.
He wanted to be angry but he couldn't.

“I'm not leaving you Woohyun.”

 

Woohyun slightly looked up.

“You're not? Are you not mad anymore?”

There was a hopeful glimmer in Woohyun's eyes.

 

Sungyeol sighed.
“No, just still hurt. I'm not leaving you. I'm on vacation. I don't know if you can call it vacation though? I didn't want it, just had to take them.”

Woohyun made an understanding sound.

 

“Are you gonna visit your parents?”

Woohyun laid his head into Sungyeol's lap.

Sungyeol played with the carpet.


“Mhm. I haven't seen them for a long time now. Also, I missed annoying Daeyeol so..”

Sungyeol snickered.

 

“Ah I wish I had vacation now, too.. Here I am, ready to do everything for three weeks off and then there's you, who has to be forced to take weeks off... someone try explain that to me.”

Woohyun tickled Sungyeol's chin lightly. Sungyeol shook off Woohyun's hand slightly.

 

“Well, it's not like I don't want it. It's more like I'll be too worried about a few patients.”

Woohyun knew whom he meant.
“Don't worry, I'll take care of them.”

He rolled off Sungyeol's lap.

 

“When are you leaving?”
Sungyeol stood up, Woohyun still lying on his back on the floor watching Sungyeol.

 

“Tomorrow, around six am maybe?”

Woohyun nodded. “Have fun! Greet your parents from me and maybe Daeyeol too.”

Sungyeol snickered. “Maybe.”

 

Woohyun stood up too.
“I'm going to make our bed!” He disappeared and came back with the blankets. The blankets were too big for him, as they nearly covered his whole upper body.

 

Sungyeol stepped back, going into the bathroom to get ready for bed.

Once Sungyeol was out, Woohyun came in.


Half an hour later, both males were sleeping soundly. And for the first time in months, Sungyeol fell asleep with a small smile on his lips.


Wordcount: 5042.

Helloo everyone! Thank you for commenting, it means a lot to me! I'll get back to all of you once I'm back from vacation!
I'll be gone for a week but I'll try to finish a few more chapters during my trip!^^