Chapter 7

Silent Warriors

Monday arrived too soon in Sungyeol's opinion. He had absolutely enjoyed his days off, the son of Mrs. Oh long forgotten. Now Sungyeol was dreading to go to work.

On his way he had gotten his morning coffee, sipping every now and then. Too soon he arrived at the hospital, throwing the to-go cup away and putting his white coat on.

Sungyeol had decided to wear a black V-neck pullover, underneath a light gray button up shirt with a black tie. He was currently smoothing down the collar of his shirt as the door was knocked.


 

It was swung open, revealing a tall man, taller than Sungyeol himself. The man looked quite young, maybe a little younger than Sungyeol. “Mansoo, you can't just enter the office of a doctor-” a soft voice, a voice Sungyeol had grown to get familiar with, sounded through the office. It certainly wasn't the young adult who had spoken and he didn't seem to care a bit at what was said. He let himself in, revealing another person who had been hidden by the younger ones tall figure.


 

Sungyeol fully turned around with confusion written all over his face, letting his hands fall loosely against his body.

Mr. Oh! What can I do for you?” Sungyeol had quickly composed himself, adjusting his tone to a warm, welcoming one. The tall man was completely forgotten.


 

Why won't you have a seat? Can I get you coffee?”
Sungyeol gestured towards his sofas. He found them more comfortable and personal to sit at as the chairs at his working desk.

Without waiting for an answer Sungyeol turned his coffee machine on and started to make coffee.


 

He heard someone sitting down. Before Sungyeol could press the on button, though, a rough hand grabbed his wrist, making him look up in shock.

Stop the games doc, and sit down. We're here to talk, not drink coffee.”
Sungyeol drew his eyebrows together. Mr. Oh seemed deeply ashamed by this man's, Sungyeol assumed he was his son, behavior.


 

Mansoo, quit your act! Let Dr. Lee go, he's already doing everything he can!” Although reluctantly, Mansoo let go of Sungyeol's wrist and stepped back, sitting next to his father down.


 

Sungyeol rubbed his wrist a little and turned the coffee machine on. He then sat again onto the armchair across the males.


 

So, Mr.Oh! How can I help you?”

Mr. Oh wrung his hands slightly.
“It's not me who wants to know something, doctor. It's rather my stubborn son here. I pretty much understood the situation.”
Sungyeol's understanding gaze softened even more.

He averted his gaze towards the younger Oh.


 

So, young man, how can I help you then? I assume it was you who called?”
Sungyeol's tone was friendly, light. His gaze never losing the warmth, a friendly smile gracing his lips.


 

Yeah I did. Why are you giving up on my mother?”

The words were spatout like venom. Sungyeol had a hard time keeping his friendly smile on.
He heard the old man sigh. As if he had heard these words many times.

I am not giving up on your mother. Why would you think that?”


 

Mansoo snorted.
“Tell me, doc. You say you do everything you can, but I overheard what you and the other doctor were talking about. You might have not seen me but I did see you. You know? The day where you went to talk to my dad about my mom. Something about craniectomy? Why won't you do that? Why are you avoiding it if it's the only way to save my mother?”


 

Sungyeol stayed frozen for a second, his brain working rapidly.

Where could the boy have heard about this conversation? He certainly couldn't have been in Sungyeol's very own office.

He might have heard about it when they still were arguing silently about it in the hallway. Or he had had access to the file, which was practically impossible.


 

Doc, I'm waiting?” the impatient voice pulled Sungyeol back to reality.

Well.” Sungyeol stood up. “I'll explain in a minute. Do you want coffee?”
He let his gaze wander from the older to the younger Oh. Both nodded.

Very well.” A few minutes passed and Sungyeol had set three streaming cups of coffee onto the table, milk and sugar present as well.


 

He took his mug into his hands, took a sip and looked up.

The older man seemed visibly relaxed, since he had been explained it many times before. The younger, however, didn't even reach for his cup, just staring anxious at Sungyeol.


 

Mansoo, may I call you like that?” Just a short nod came as a reply.
“You see, Mansoo. The craniectomy is a really complex surgery. I don't know how much you know about your mothers situation-” He was cut off, again, like their first conversation on the phone.


I barely know anything. Dad won't tell me much. 'You won't understand'” he mocked his father. Inside, Sungyeol was flaring up. He never handled disrespect well but he tried.

Before he continued he looked at the senior.
“You might want to fill him in, maybe then he will get it into his thick head.” There was no indication of hurt in the olders voice, only resignation.


 

Sungyeol looked back at Mansoo, setting his cup back onto the table.

Like I said. Craniectomy is a really dangerous and complex surgery.”
Sungyeol stood up again, opening one of the cupboards and pulling out a model of the human head.


 

He set it carefully onto the table next to his mug. Mansoo was silently watching him.

Your mother has liver failure. And it's in the end stadium. The liver failure wasn't treated with care before she was sent to our station. The liver failure lead to her brain swelling. This is also a problem, because of the intracranial pressure she has. Through a lumbal puncture we try to ease the pressure in her brain. A few diurectics are given a day so her body can produce more urine to let out more water from the body and therefore reduce the swelling, too. Through sedation we can keep the metabolic needs down, just like the cranial blood flow, intracranial blood volume and of course with that the intracranial pressure. A few weeks ago, with consent of your father, we placed an external ventricular drainage on her head. It's a thin tube that lets the liquor flow out. It lessens the pressure too.”
Sungyeol showed on the model what had been done.

Don't worry, it was just a small procedure. You see, I am more confident in the use of consecutive therapy methods like this.”

He paused, taking in the contemplating look on Mansoos face.


 

Sungyeol had been sure that this was enough to satisfy the boy, but his hope was shattered.

It sounds like none of this is helping. Why is craniectomy so dangerous, huh? If you can place this drainage on mom's head, then you can certainly perform that surgery too?”


 

Mr. Oh was now curiously looking at Sungyeol, too.
Sungyeol's mouth felt dry. First of all, he was pretty sure Hoya was going on a rampage outside because he had missed the morning visits times again. Second of all, he was also sure that this conversation would drag on because Mansoo seemed to find many things to pick on. Sungyeol drank up his lukewarm coffee in one gulp.


 

He turned the model around, so the backside was facing father and son.

The decompressive craniectomy is, clearly, a surgery performed on the cranial roof. Parts of the skull are removed and frozen. The brain is practically bared. With parts of the skull gone, the swelling won't press against the bone anymore. It is, though very dangerous. At the short run, it might be effective but in the long run it's counterproductive. The complications may be a few but they are too much of a risk to take. Meningitis and brain abscesses aren't just common side effects. They will be fatal, especially taking in the delicate state your mother is.”

Sungyeol had traced the skull with the backside of his pen, showing where parts of the skull would be removed.


 

I would not recommend any of my patients this surgery. In my eyes it's not effective.”


 

Mr. Oh looked relieved, probably because he was happy with the decision of not going through with the surgery. Mansoo, though, still didn't look convinced. Sungyeol decided then and there that this kid still didn't get what it meant to suffer from meningitis, let alone a brain abscess.


 

But it seems like none of your conservative therapy methods aren't working-”

For that, young man, we have a procedure called osmotherapy. It's done if the swelling reaches a critical number.”

A heavy silence dragged on.


 

Sungyeol's beeper broke the silence and he was for once glad that this thing existed. Not that he had needed it, because right a split second later the door was ripped open, a very angry and displeased Hoya standing in the door way, followed by an equally angry Woohyun. Hoyas anger was directed at Sungyeol, Woohyun's at both.


 

Hoya saw that Sungyeol had guests so he smoothed his face from a mask of anger to a friendly one. Woohyun not catching up so fast and stalking forward, though he stopped next to Sungyeol's seat.


 

He briefly glanced at the males, offering a kind smile before leaning down to whisper into Sungyeol's ear.

You promised me to help with Kim, before the morning visits, and here you are. Having a chat.”

Woohyun poked him into the ribs, which went unnoticed by his guests. Mr. Oh and Mansoo were busy staring at Hoya, who casually stood behind the armchair now, his arms crossed as always.


 

You were the one who suggested craniectomy-” Hoya cut him off.

Yes, I suggested decompressing craniectomy. And no, we will not perform this surgery. As Dr. Lee explained it kindly to me, and I assume to you too, young man, the risks are too high. I do not think that you want your mother die from a brain abscess or inflammation.”
Hoya was hard, not even trying to get friendly with the young male.

Had Sungyeol been handling him all wrong? Because Mansoo stayed silent, not raising his voice again.

And right now, Dr. Lee has to catch up on his morning visits. If you would excuse us.” One arm was grabbed by Hoya, the other by Woohyun, both hiving him up.


 

I'm sorry for taking up so much of your time, doctor. I just couldn't get it through his thick skull. Hopefully you did.” With an apologetic smile, Mr. Oh shook his hand and left, his son following him suit. Before he did though, he threw Sungyeol a dirty look.


 

Both Woohyun and Hoya still had their grips tight on Sungyeol's arms, standing in the middle of his office.

As if both could sense his discomfort, they let go of his arms but started lecturing him loudly about his responsibilities.


 

Two hours later and Sungyeol had finished with his morning visits. Already exhausted from all the annoying questions and even more stressful Hoya, he made his way towards the room where Woohyun was waiting for him.


 

Woohyun passed him the file.
“Hoya kindly already drew the blood from him. He read your notes and requested a blood profile according to them. I don't know what's gotten into him but I certainly don't complain.”
Sungyeol just snorted and knocked on the door and entered.


 

Sunggyu was sitting on his bed, legs dangling down the edge. He closed the book he was reading and put it aside.


Hello Nurse Nam!” a cheerful greeting with an equally enthusiastic wave was thrown towards Woohyun, who greeted the patient just as happily.


 

Sungyeol had meanwhile taken a seat on a chair he had silently pulled up.

Mr. Kim, as I heard your blood was drawn today. How are you feeling?”

Sunggyu looked confused for a second before he regained his composure again.

In all honesty, lately I'm quite exhausted. I don't know what's happening. I can't seem to walk as steadily as before and it takes at least triple the time to get to a destination. And I have problems with my breathing, depending on how hard I tried to get up or walk. Sometimes I seem to let go of things I'm holding without noticing, though I'm not sure if this is relevant at all.” He tapped thoughtfully his lower lip and Sungyeol was scribbling everything down as fast as he could, whilst Woohyun was sorting some papers, with his back towards the patient and the doctor.


 

Mr. Kim, please remove your shirt so I can check your lungs.”

Patient Kim tried to lift the shirt over his head but couldn't move his arms high enough. Woohyun had put the papers onto the table and started helping him pull the shirt off.


 

Woohyun folded the shirt neatly as Sungyeol gave instructions how the inpatient should breath. Sungyeol's face was a blank mask.

Can you stand up by yourself, Mr. Kim?” Sungyeol took a step back and pushed the chair aside.


 

Sunggyu furrowed his eyebrows a little.

I can... though it certainly got harder.”

He stemmed his hands into the bed and slowly pushed himself up. His arms were shaking but he eventually managed to stand up with effort.


 

Sungyeol was now facing the patient who tried to stay in balance, Woohyun was behind him in case he lost his footing.


 

Please try to walk to me the way you normally do.” And the patient compiled, although a bit shaky, towards him. Sungyeol's calculating gaze never left the mans legs and feet.


 

How are you feeling?”
Mr. Kim looked up to the doctor.
“A little out of breath. And my legs hurt.”

Sungyeol made a small, understanding sound.

I'll have to ask you to walk back normally and come back on your toes, though. If something should happen, we're here to stop it right away. Alright?”


 

Woohyun looked like he rather wanted to protest and tuck the man back into bed but didn't voice it out. Instead, he stood close by, his arms ready to catch the man if he should fall. Sungyeol's gaze wandered over the of the inpatient.


 

When he walked back on his toes, it seemed to go by a lot smoother.


 

Please bend forward as much as you can and stay in that position for a few seconds.” Mr. Kim did as he was told and Sungyeol pulled out a measure tape, measuring the space between the outstretched hands and floor.

You may straighten up again, Sir. Can you please squat down and stand back up next? It doesn't matter how fast, do it at your own pace.”


 

The small patient just nodded once, slowly squatting down. The process of standing back up, though, was a lot harder to accomplish. After a few several attempts of just pushing himself up with his legs, he positioned his hands onto the floor. Mr. Kim was now on all fours on the floor. With his hands steadying him, he pushed his lower body and legs up, followed by hands which he stemmed onto his thighs, supporting his upper back while straightening up all over. Mr. Kim was taking short, ragged breathes. 

Sungyeol rushed to his side and accompanied him back to his bed, carefully sitting him down. He went back to his papers and noted everything he had seen so far.


 

Woohyun was helping Mr. Kim with wearing his shirt again.

Mr. Kim, have you ever gotten physiotherapy for your back?”

Said man looked up, shaking his head. “No. I never had a problem with my back. Why do you ask?”


 

Sungyeol gave him a small smile. “You see, earlier when you walked back and forth, I saw some small deformation on your back. When I was palpating your back, I could feel it as well. You might have a scoliosis, Sir. That's why I sadly had to ask you to bend forward as much as you could.”


 

Mr. Kim just stared at him with a blank face. When he asked no questions, Sungyeol continued.


 

We can treat the scoliosis with no problem. Your therapy schedule will be changed a little. Physiotherapy will be added. And depending on the blood results, you'll probably sent to the convalescent home in our hospital. You should be able to get the best treatment there.” Sungyeol paused for a little while.


 

Does this.. scoliosis thing explain why I suddenly can't walk properly anymore? Is that why you're waiting for the blood results?”


 

Woohyun let out an uneasy cough.

You see, Mr. Kim, we're just making sure that it's not a certain disease-” Woohyun tried to reassure him but was cut off by said patient.

What disease? It doesn't matter if it's false alarm at the end. Just tell me what you're suspecting, doctor.” Sungyeol felt uneasy under the stare the man gave him.


 

Since we're talking about it already, I might as well ask you. Does any relative in your family have a muscle disease? If so, who?” Sungyeol had taken the papers from Woohyun's death grip.


 

No, not that I know of.” Woohyun let out a silent sigh of relief.

I understand. Please read these papers carefully until the next visit. We want to perform a muscle biopsy.”


 

Mr. Kim took the papers and looked first at Woohyun, then Sungyeol, a big question mark floating over his head.


We will give you a local anesthetic. It might burn at first but it will be over quick. Then we will take a sample of your muscle and once the results are back, we can give you a diagnosis and help you better.”


 

The young man creased his eyebrows in thought, pursing his lips in the process.

What are these papers for?”


 

Sungyeol's beeper went off, again. “Excuse me.” He fished it out of his pocket as Woohyun explained Mr. Kim in kind voice that he needed to read the papers and should decide upon them if he wants to have the biopsy done or not. If he should choose to undergo the biopsy, he would have to sign them. “Dr. Lee will get back to you about it though, so all you need to do is reading the papers and making a decision.” Woohyun finished.


 

I will see you at the evening visits, Mr. Kim. Woohyun, there's an emergency we have to monitor.” Sungyeol bid his goodbyes to the patient and hurried out the door.

If you should need anything, feel free to call any nurse.” And with that Woohyun followed Sungyeol out the door.


 

Woohyun caught up with Sungyeol, who had slowed down significantly. Sungyeol jumped out of the way in time, avoiding a kick aimed at his calf.

You did that on purpose!” Woohyun hissed. “There's no emergency, is there?”

Woohyun stopped in the middle of the hallway.


 

Sungyeol turned around, watching his sulking friend with amusement.

Actually, there is. Though I don't know if we can call it an emergency. We got a new patient, the usual. So I'd really appreciate it if you helped me.” There was it, that huge gummy grin, revealing Sungyeol's single dimple. 


 

Urgh! I hate you, do you know that?” Woohyun stalked past Sungyeol towards the nurse lounge to grab an empty file. “Love you too Hyunnie” Sungyeol sing sang as he followed him.


 

The admitted patient, a sixty year old woman who had crushed her hip, had to be monitored for twenty four hours before transferring her back to the Orthopedics station. The monitoring wasn't the problem, it was a routine for Woohyun. No, the problem was that this patient saw herself above everyone else because she was insured privately. Woohyun was forced to work with Hoya and listen to the woman yell at him to open the damn window.


 

When call-button flared up with the newly admitted patient again, Woohyun slammed his empty mug onto the table, making Sungyeol and Hoya look up from the papers they were reading. He uttered angry words under his breath, directed both at Sungyeol for dragging him into it as well as the woman who turned his shift into hell.


 

Er, I think you little friend is angry with you.” Hoya said, scratching his head with the pen he was holding. Sungyeol still was staring after Woohyun, who had left the room long ago. Sungyeol shook his head with an amused smile and went back to reading. “I think it's time to do another osmotherapy, don't you think Hoya?” He shoved the papers with the in black printed letters and numbers towards the chief physician.


 

Hoya scanned the paper.
“It's unbelievable, with all the therapy she's getting one would think her condition would improve. Yet it keeps getting worse.” Hoya noted nonchalantly.

Sungyeol let out a sad sigh. “I'm pretty sure it got triggered to the worse because she wasn't positioned right. There's a reason for my instructions now, wasn't it?” He let his head fall onto the table with a thud. Hoya watched him with sad eyes.


 

Sungyeol overworked himself to the point where Hoya had the urge to send him away.


 

Come on, let's grab something to eat.”
Sungyeol raised his head ever so slightly, throwing him a questioning gaze.


 

Your break is overdue, my break is overdue and you need to be rescued from your friend who looks like he's ready to rip your head off.” Hoya gestured with a short nod towards the literally steaming Woohyun.


 

Now was truly his chance to escape his wrath. Woohyun was reprimanding a trainee in her last year not to leave any of the patients doors open. Especially not doors to rooms that were put under quarantine.


 

Sungyeol straightened up.
“Alright, let's go. You're paying this time.”

Hoya let out a theatrical sigh, though his heartbeat picked up its pace.


 

Dr. Lee and I are taking our breaks!” Hoya called into the room as he and Sungyeol made their way out. Right in front of the station doors, they could hear Woohyun swearing the living hell out of Sungyeol.


 

He's actually really nice, you know? When you don't dump him on patients who order him around as if he was in the military.” Sungyeol grinned again brightly.

Hoya just joined with a small smile.

Unconsciously, he envied Woohyun's ability to conjure a smile as bright as sunshine onto Sungyeol's face.


 

Many times Hoya had wondered if they were more than friends, they certainly didn't seem to shy away from any form of public display of affection. Hoya had to correct himself. Sungyeol did shy away, only giving in because the other seemed to not let him be until he got his skinship.


 

I can imagine that.” The sarcastic undertone couldn't be overheard, Sungyeol just snorted.

I can't believe you're making me eat... this food!” Sungyeol gestured widely at the counter where various kinds of food were displayed. They were currently standing in line in the Mensa, behind a few more doctors.


 

Don't be such a prick, it tastes actually good. Also, we're closer to the station should they need our help again.” Sungyeol groaned loudly, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

Hoya heard him still complain under his breath. He couldn't help but snicker.


 

Well, you still could go up and have lunch with Nurse Nam. He seems in an exceptionally good mood today.” Hoya took a few steps forward as the queue moved on.


 

Sungyeol ignored his comment, tugging on his hairband.

I really need to cut my hair, it's gotten too long.”

No, don't cut it. It looks really good on you.” Hoya had slightly brushed his hand through the end of Sungyeol's long hair. Hoya had the urge to run his hands, again, through the light hair.


Sungyeol stood frozen for a few seconds, not knowing how to react. He hadn't expected an answer from the heavyset male, and he for sure hadn't expected him to actually touch his hair.


 

One thought crossed Hoyas mind as he buried his face ashamed into his hands, 'You're so embarrassing'.

Sungyeol awkwardly scratched his cheek a few times, taking in the deeply mortified doctor in front of him.


 

Well, thank you very much. I know I'm handsome and stuff, but next time ask me if you want to touch my beautiful, shiny and flowery smelling hair. Tempting to touch, I know. Looks like high quality silk right? Soft as cashmere, don't you think?” Sungyeol's smirk had widened even more as he eyed Hoya, who looked like he wanted nothing more but to disappear from the brim of the world.


 

Sungyeol patted him on the shoulder and went up to order his lunch. Hoya scowled at the taller male's slender back. He didn't know whom he was more upset with. With himself, for acting before thinking or Sungyeol, who had seemed to enjoy Hoya's mortification.


 

Angry with himself, he slammed his tray opposite to Sungyeol's.
Sungyeol just grinned.


 

They were eating in silence, Sungyeol lost in thought about his patients and Hoya still dwelling on his stupid stunt earlier. That was, until a small group of doctors sat next to them. Hoya recognized one of them as a surgeon he had studied with in University. It would be an exorbitance if Hoya had said that he was fond of him. He faced Sungyeol again. Sungyeol had lost the chain of his own thoughts, his concentration broken by the loud chatter of the surgeons, sending a short lived glare to them. He faced back Hoya, who was stabbing around his food, unforgiving, lips pulled into an angry frown, shoulders tense.


 

Before Sungyeol could even think of luring the angered doctor into some kind of talk, a huge hand clamped Hoya's shoulder, making him stiffen even more.

Hey, mate! I didn't even see you sitting here! Don't you drink your milk every day like I told you to? You know, so you can grow a bit more!” The surgeon laughed a little too loud for Sungyeol's liking, his colleagues joining in.


 

Sungyeol expected Hoya to pull on a polite smile but he seemed to have no intention of doing so. He just shrugged off the hand on his shoulder, continuing to eat again.


 

Damn, Howon. Last time I saw you, you were running around the IMC/ICU station like a busy bee! Finally got to be the chief physician, eh?” The man didn't seem to be affected by the lack of response at all. “I thought they would choose someone else, you know? Someone more experienced than you. Wiser? More patient?” Sungyeol looked between the surgeon and Hoya, back and forth. Son Dohyun, surgeon.


 

Damn, you talk even more than I do. And I do talk a lot.” Sungyeol raised his eyebrows, still facing his meal. He could see Hoya crack a small smile, quickly hiding it behind a layer of annoyance again.


No, Sungyeol. You at least don't talk utter bull all day long.” Hoya ignored the loud gasps, giving Sungyeol a knowing grin. Sungyeol just returned it, even brighter.

I don't know who you are, mate, but I'm sure Dr. Lee worked hard to get his spot. He's pretty good at what he does, though I don't know if I can assume the same from you?” Sungyeol tapped his chin thoughtfully, pretending to think hard. “Put a collar and lash onto your jealousy, we can't risk it biting your now, can we?”

He directed his gaze back to Hoya for a second, who threw him a confused look.


 

Hoya stood up, lifting his tray. Sungyeol followed him suit. They sat down at the next available table and returned to their meal. The surgeon, Son, still stared at both at them in shock, his mouth slightly agape.


 

Wow, I don't know what you did to that kid, but he seems to really hate you.” Sungyeol stated nonchalantly. Hoya snorted into his drink. “I didn't do anything to him. I was just better and smarter.” He took a sip.


No, you still are.” Sungyeol added silently, stuffing as much food as he could into his mouth. Hoya flushed a lovely, light shade of pink, thanking the heavens that Sungyeol was too busy cramming his oral cavity.


 

Hoya coughed lightly. He had found the perfect thing to change the topic, and maybe to annoy Sungyeol a little again.

I hope you didn't forget that we are getting a couple new sub-interns? I already worked half of them in. They will follow you around for the next couple of weeks.”


 

Sungyeol transfixed a potato with his fork, throwing him a disgruntled glare.

Why me! Why me when we have so many doctors around!” Sungyeol whined, pouting slightly as he shoved the fragmented potato into his mouth.


 

Hoya gave him sour look. “We are short-staffed and you know that.”

Now whose fault may that be?” Sungyeol smirked into his glass.

I wonder too. Certainly not mine.” Hoya happily munched on his beans.


 

The rest of their lunch was devoured in silence.

I am not going to take the stairs if I can take the elevator.” Sungyeol gave Hoya a put off look.


 

But we will be back faster if we take the stairs?” Sungyeol's expression was vocal enough to shut the other up. The all too familiar sound of the elevator doors opening and the two doctors entered.

You know, that surgeon... what was his problem?” Sungyeol had cocked his head slightly, curiosity written all over his face as he leaned against the wall lightly. Hoya couldn't answer though, because a hand had pushed a second before the doors had closed completely. They reopened with a soft bing all over again, a female entering in a haste.


I'm sorry, I really had to- Oh!” She cut off her own sentence. “Dr. Lee! I was just on my way to you.”

Sungyeol was examining his nails, whilst the woman jumped back into her monologue. She apparently wasn't aware that Hoya had backed away a little.


 

Oh right! My manners. Dr. Lee, I'm Dr. Hwang from the Neurology department. Right. As I was saying. One of my patients will be transferred to your station, since they suffered quite a heavy and now need to be monitored for at least twenty four hours. I only trust my patients with qualified doctors.” She looked Sungyeol up and down, before fixating Hoya again. “I am assuming you have a competent team, so that shouldn't be a problem, right? Also I'd like you to take them over. You are the head physician for nothing, after all.” She patted Hoya onto the shoulder and stalked out of the elevator, leaving a perplexed Hoya to follow her out.


 

Have fun, head physician, with your new patient. Good thing I'm not qualified enough!” Sungyeol snickered and jogged past him through the glass doors.

Hoya heaved a sigh, taking heavy steps towards the entrance.


Word count: 5167

Look who managed to untick the draft box! Me.