Four

The Other Sister
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

FOUR

21 years old

 

 

Being an adult is . I’ve been learning that few years ago. But today, it feels like the level of ness has been multiplied thousand times. My co-worker, or probably it’s more make sense if I call him fellow-chef at Fraiche, comes late again. This has been going on for a month, thanks to his new girlfriend. I can’t cover him forever as I’ve already own fourteen hours a day to beat up. Don’t forget the pressure. It’s so stressing that I start to lose weight drastically.

If Mom sees me, I swear she might not recognize me and probably think that I’m a maid. The way I dedicated myself to work and to my friend is not healthy. But this is the workland, you’re not the boss, then you do what the boss wants. That’s how the world works. And so I’ve been swallowing my third cup of coffee as I make the dough for new type of pastry I’ve been working for days which still ironically screwed up.

“Hey, take it easy pumpkin. You look like you might fall with one soft blow.” Kai, the Japanese hottie, pulls out a stool. “Here, sit down for a while.”

“Can’t. Must find the perfect dough today or I’ll have to say goodbye to you tomorrow.” I smile sadly at the stool. 

He grunts. “Boss is not that cruel. Well, a little maybe. But you’re his favorite. I say use the opportunity. You’ve been worked your off this week. I bet you haven’t had a decent sleep, have you?”

That’s about sum it up. Yep, I am given a charge in the kitchen among many seniors. But I won’t let my guard down. This man is a genius. He was recruited three months ago when the owner of the bakery went to Japan. Boss was literally begging at his feet. I immediately saw a threat when he entered the kitchen with that charming smile and captivating eyes. Sadly, he’s also a man .

“That’s very thoughtful of you.” I bat my eyelashes at him even when I know that I must be far away from y especially when I’m covered in flour and supporting panda eyes. “But I’m fine. If you don’t mind, I have to finish this. Don’t you have something to do?”

He curls his lips into y grin that would drop any within ten feet range. Thankfully I’ve been tied mine with a belt around my waist tightly. As he crosses his arms over his wide span of chest, he leans his hip on the kitchen counter and folds one long foot over another. He should have work as a model rather than pastry chef. His pose alone speaks of Calvin Klein.

“Actually I do.” He rubs his bottom lip thoughtfully. “That douche boyfriend of yours still following you around like a lost puppy? Because if not, I’d want to ask you out for dinner tonight at my place. I’ll cook.”

Oh my God. He’s been hitting on me for like. . . forever. Don’t he ever feel tired of being rejected? I swear his spine is made of steel, or maybe it’s his ego. “No he’s not. Taecyeon and I are done.” I say carefully. “And thank you for the invitation but I don’t feel like leaving my bed tonight.”

“We can move the dinner to your bed, pumpkin.” He says brightly. “See, my idea is very brilliant!”

Someone smack his head from behind him hard that I wince. That must be hurt like hell. Grunting while holding his abused head, Kai turns around. Mrs. Cho, the short buxom women I’ve love like my own mother, has her hands on her ample hips. Her eyes are shooting daggers at Kai.

“Jesus!” Kai exclaims. “Be careful with my head, woman. You don’t want to mess with this.”

“You’re a shame to man kind. Don’t you have work to do?” The glare doesn’t fade from Mrs. Cho’s face. In fact, it’s multiplied. “And stop hitting your fellow worker already. Besides, she’s in charge here. Have some pride and move on.”

“Ouch.” Kai, the joker, clutches at his heart with both hands. And here the drama begins. Every eye in the kitchen is focused on them. “You’re an evil woman. Why can’t you show some affection to me? If only you’d admit that you’ve loved me for so long then maybe I’ll make a move on you.”

Laughter erupts in the kitchen. I feel involuntary smile in my face, myself. Given that Mrs. Cho is good thirty years older than him, they would make an odd couple. Well this is Kai we’re talking about. He is a womanizer to the core. Age, size, and color don’t matter to him.

“You moron!” Mrs. Cho retorts back. “I’d never ever set my eyes on you even if you’re the last man on earth.”

Kai rubs his chest as if he’s really in pain. His mischievous eyes turn sad. “That’s it. You’re really hurting my heart. Maybe this is the time I should let you go. Don’t regret my love, for this is what you want.”

Mrs. Cho shakes her head, exasperated. Without a word, she marches to me. “You have a visitor. I told him to wait for you in the table.”

“I do?” I swear my eyebrows are touching my hairline. “Him?A man?”

“A very handsome young man, in fact. Go ahead. I don’t want him to wait for long. A man with manner li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter