chapter 09

Accidental Love

 

chapter09;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   "don't you dare lay a finger on her!"

 

“Joon Gu ah! Come here boy!”

 

Ji Hyun snapped her fingers as she smiled at the puppy infront of her, extending her palm out which was filled with puppy treats. She was at the back garden of the school again before class starts, as today was again one of the days where she and Baekhyun did their occasional visits to see the puppy.

 

“That’s right, go over to noona, Joon!” Baekhyun grinned as he squatted down beside Ji Hyun, cheering the puppy alongside, as he pat its head lightly.

 

The puppy loud out a soft mewl and nuzzled its hair into Ji Hyun’s embrace when she picked it up into her arms. Ji Hyun chuckled and stared in admiration, “Little one, you’re recovering fast eh?”

 

“He sure is. Look at how much he likes you, he even prefers you over me now, Ji.” Baekhyun faked a sad cry and pouted at the puppy.

 

As they both laughed, they made their way to the bench and settled down, Joon Gu still cradled in Ji Hyun’s embrace as she continued the puppy lovingly.

 

“So, how’s everything so far? You have not told me much about how you’re coping so far the last time we sat down and have a nice talk.” Baekhyun turned to look at the girl, then jugging down a few mouthfuls of orange juice that came from his backpack. “Jongin still giving you trouble at home?”

 

“Well,” Ji Hyun sighed in relief, “I feel that he’s starting to open up, and we are talking more, getting to know each other more I guess? Well definitely not in that kind of friendly talk manner,” She rolled her eyes, “We still bicker alot, but emmoni’s always forces Jongin to do stuff like grocery shopping or cooking along with me, probably because she wants us to become closer..” She shrugged lightly and munched on her homemade sandwich.

 

“That’s a good sign, at least Kai acknowledges your presence! He’s a boy that ignores most of the other girls, but with him even willing to bicker with you, that’s definitely a good sign,” He laughed and continued, “You know Ji, it kind of amuses the boys and me and how Kai is treating you differently compared to other girls..”

 

She shook her head and made a face, “Oh please Baek.. It’s most probably because he thinks I’m weirder and ‘unlike-other-girls’ like what he usually addresses me as.. You know how a man ought to treat a girl nicely with manners like a gentleman? Oh that guy is surely not categorized under the term ‘gentleman’!”

 

“Uh..huh..” Baekhyun tried to contain his laughter, he and the boys have always found it amusing to hear complaints about Kai from Ji Hyun, and vice versa.

 

“You have no idea how he likes to tease, or embarrass me.. Especially in public.” Ji Hyun sulked as she recalled that day’s incident at the supermarket, where he left her speechless with flushed cheeks, at the counter.

 

Baekhyun shook his head in amusement and continued, “You have yet to see more of him, Ji Hyun. Give Kai some time, I’m sure the both of your relationship will improve. You have not seen his playful side, his goofy side, and studious side? Oh but surely like other girls, you would have totally seen his charming side, am I right?”

 

Charming side, Ji Hyun thought. How could she not have seen it? Sure, she’s been living with him for weeks for now, and she’d sure to have seen more than what classmates see of Kai. And she found it interesting, seeing a different side of the image Kai has at school. Like how he stabs his mushroom on his plate that he hates like a sulky child, like how he likes stuffing only one side of his earpiece into his ears when listening to music, and how he-

 

“Oh shucks,” Baekhyun cut her train of thoughts, then his face turning into a serious expression all of a sudden after checking his watch, “We’re late for class!” He yelled and jumped out of the bench, pulling Ji Hyun along with him to classes.

 


 

"Well well, look who we have here?” Mr Lee lowered his glasses and stared at the duo standing at the classroom door, his loud voice booming at Baekhyun and Ji Hyun, “Kids, what time is it now?"

 

The entire class turned to look at the both of them as silence fell upon the room. Ji Hyun gulped at the awkwardness.

 

“Sorry Mr Lee, we err..” Baekhyun stuttered as he looked at Ji Hyun beside him helplessly.

 

“We lost track of time,” Ji Hyun gulped and completed Baekhyun’s sentence, “We’re really really sorry. “

 

“There won’t be a second time. Promise.” Baekhyun smiled apologetically at the teacher.

 

“Hmph,” Mr Lee shook his head at them, and twitched his glasses back above his nose bridge, “There better not be. Return to your seats, hurry.”

 

Not long after Ji Hyun settled down, she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. She furrowed her brows as she read the text.

 

From : Kim Jerk Jongin

Such a scandalous topic.

 

Ji Hyun rolled her eyes and felt Kai’s gaze on her back.

 

To : Kim Jerk Jongin

What is?

 

From : Kim Jerk Jongin

You and Baekhyun hyung, of course. So busy together you guys even forgotten about class huh? Well done, Lee Ji Hyun.

 

Groaning mentally, Ji Hyun could already imagine the side of Kai’s lips curl into a smirk as she made a face, still refusing to turn to the back to face him.

 

Meanwhile, Kai’s gaze never left Ji Hyun’s as he watched her from the back, wonder what they were doing? Seems like they are starting to get close, he thought, quickly shrugging away the feeling of curiosity.

 


 

“Biology, biology, and biology.” Ji Hyun heaved a heavy sigh as she grabbed her biology stuff from her locker that afternoon. School has just ended and she was going to meet Min Ae at the front of the school to go get ice cream. Just the thought of the chocolate ice cream melting in made her eager to hop out of school with her bestfriend.

 

Further down from Ji Hyun, she watched as the school’s hallway became unusually crowded since it was already 4pm and most of the students should have already been out of school by then. Buzzing came from afar and a commotion was heard.

 

“What was that all about..” She strained her neck at the group of students crowding in front of her. Piqued with curiosity, Ji Hyun frowned as she slammed her locker shut and carefully made her way to the scene infront.

 

“I.. I have n-no money! Please let me off t-this time! Just..Just this once..”

 

Furrowing her brows, Ji Hyun pushed her way through the crowd to the front as she sensed something was wrong, what exactly was going on in here?

 

Eyes widening in shock, Ji Hyun’s hands raised to as she stared at the scene in shock - It was Lee Jun Ki, one of the elites in the school, Ji Hyun recognized. He had bruises and cut on his face, and Ji Hyun saw how the side of his lip was bleeding. He was kneeling helplessly on the floor in pain, and infront of him stood a tall and buff student who Ji Hyun recalled Min Ae telling her about before. He was smirking as he searched through a wallet with a menacing look in his eyes.

 

Park Jong Soo, she whispered under her breath, as she stared at him with round eyes.

 

No, she did not like getting involved in other’s people’s business. But how could she just walk off like that? A bully scene was occurring right infront of her, of course she had to do something! Ji Hyun looked around her, everyone was casting the poor boy sympathy stares as they buzzed among themselves. That poor guy was literally bleeding, and no one else was doing anything but watch? But then again, who dared to go against the school’s biggest bully, Park Jong Soo?

 

His loud voice sounded once again as the hall maintained its silence, “Oh? Is that so? Then you should totally have gotten ready some, because how are you going to pay for your hospital bills then!” A loud slam on the locker was heard and the whole crowd let out a loud gasp and Ji Hyun shuddered as she watched Jun Ki got slammed onto the locker roughly.

 

The guy stammered and couldn’t look straight into the bully’s eyes, as he kneeled infront of him, rubbing his hands together in pleas sympathetically, “Please, let me go.. Please!”

 

Cringing, Ji Hyun clenched her fist tighter as she gripped onto her bag strap fearfully, but at the same time, shooting Jong Soo looks of disgust, this guy is too much! Fancy bullying someone in public, and even appearing so proud about it? God, if someone doesn’t save Jun Ki now, he’s probably gonna break an arm next! Aish, Lee Ji Hyun, do something!

 

“J-Jong soo.. Please, I’m begging you.. Y-You can’t take that money.. I need it for my mum’s hospital bills..” Jun Ki muttered with a painful expression, as the bleeding on his lip got worse as he held onto his bruised stomach.

 

“Tch,” Jong Soo sneered with a carefree expression, “That’s your business. No one cares! Who here even gives a about you?”

 

“Me.” Ji Hyun finally voiced out after much courage.

 

Suddenly, the whole hall got even quieter as everyone turned to the direction of her voice. Everyone stared at Ji Hyun as though she had gone mad. Right, who here dared to go against Jong Soo? Ji Hyun herself thought she was insane too!

 

“What?” Jong Soo spat, not believing what he just heard. His eyes searched for the owner who he was ready to challenge the very next moment.

 

Hurrying to Jun Ki, Ji Hyun ignored all the stares and gasp she was getting from the whole crowd as she bent down to carefully pick him up. She examined his wounds as Jun Ki winced painfully when Ji Hyun checked them.

 

“Bear with it, I’ll get you to the nurse in awhile.” She whispered to him as her chest tightened at how bad his wounds look. Ji Hyun felt Jun Ki reach out as he shook his head desperately at her to stop her from going against Jong Soo. But at that moment, she did not care about anything else. The very next moment, anger boiled in her, as she stood up to come face to face with Jong Soo.

 

"Pretty girl, are you new around here?” Jong Soo walked closer to Ji Hyun as she felt his eyes ran down her body as though she was the prey of a predator, but a much disgusting one. “I haven’t seen you around. Seems like you’re really courageous?”

 

Feeling terribly sick and disgusted, Ji Hyun turned to look at Jong Soo with the fiercest expression and spoke, “Y-You shouldn’t do those things to him.”

 

Jong Soo let out a low snicker as everyone continued holding their breaths, he went closer to her, “I’d suggest you to think before you speak, babe. And you’d better move before your pretty face get ruined, baby." Jong Soo cooed into her ear, "but.. I guess I don't mind your company either."

 

"E-Excuse me?" She cringed, not believing what she was hearing. She watched as the school population frowned and looked at each other in fear as some look hesitant to step out to stop the ertic bastard.

 

Ji Hyun shifted uncomfortably as she felt her heart thumped crazily against her heart as she wanted to puke at how disgusting Jong Soo sounded. She could sense him scanning her body from up to down. Great, now what have you landed yourself into, Lee Ji Hyun..

 

Jong Soo grabbed one of her hands, and Ji Hyun gasped and tried to pull away from his grasp, but to no avail.

 

“Let..Let go of me! Yah, did you not hear me?” She yelped and stared at him in disgust.

 

Jong Soo smirked and sneered as he caressed her hands, “Shh.. I didn’t know you had such smooth hands, baby.. Bet they taste good too..”

 

"What about a taste of this?”

 

Just then, Ji Hyun watched as Jong Soo got swung back violently and the whole crowd, including herself let out a loud gasp. Ji Hyun turned to her side, Kai had appeared amongst the crowd as he threw a punch directly on Jong Soo’s face, causing him to fall on the ground with a bruised cheek.

 

“K-Kim Jongin..” Ji Hyun blinked at him, lost for words as he immediately pulled her behind him and examined her briefly, “Y-You..” She stammered.

 

You almost landed yourself in hot soup.” Kai muttered into her ear with an annoyed tone, “Get out of here now, I’m not going to answer to my mum for any of your injuries, you pabo.

 

Ji Hyun frowned as she cursed at herself mentally for inviting trouble for him. She felt bad that he had to clean up her mess, “B-But what about you-”

 

“Just go, now.” He commanded fiercely it made Ji Hyun afraid.

 

Ji Hyun reluctantly stepped back as she blended in with the crowd, “God please help Kim Jongin, god please help Kim Jongin. Despite his cocky and mean attitude, God please help Kim Jongin win this..” She muttered as she held her breath, watching the two men glared at each other infront of her.

 

“What the hell?” Jong Soo let out a low groan and met Kai’s gaze, “What the heck do you think you’re doing, Kim Jongin?” He rubbed the side of his jaw and got back up on his feet.

 

"Are you a man? Fancy bullying others? And now trying to take advantage of girls?" Kai snickered and let out a sacarstic laugh, “Don’t be that despicable. It disgusts me.”

 

“Seriously, just mind your own business pretty boy.” Jong Soo staggered his way towards Kai, pointing a finger in his face warningly, “As for the girl.. I can do anything and whatever I want to her.” He threw a punch across Kai’s jaw.

 

The moment Jongsoo said that, Kai felt heat rush to him as anger seethed in him. Not just because of the punch, but because of what he said. He felt outrageous, how could he just throw away Ji Hyun’s pride like that? Kai felt a strong surge of rage in him, he was not going to let Ji Hyun get ‘trampled on’ or ‘used’ just like that. Kai glared at the latter fiercely, “What the , Lee Jong Soo?”

 

Jong Soo sneered back, “Is she yours?”

 

The whole hall fell silent as everyone could not think of what Kai would reply with. Ji Hyun gulped as she mentally slapped herself for putting Kai in such an awkward situation, and how he was going to hate her after this. She lowered her head in anguish but Kai met eyes with hers.

 

Biting her lips anxiously, Ji Hyun shook her head to signal him to just drop the whole fight.

 

Turning his gaze back to Jongsoo, Kai finally warned, “Don’t you dare lay a finger on her.”

 

With that, he turned to the crowd and pulled Ji Hyun out of the scene along with him, his grip kept tight on her wrist as they walked out of school, the both of them keeping quiet.

 


a/n : heyyyy :) new chapter!! it's my holidays now so i'll try to update as much!! please do comment, subscribe and upvote if you like it ^^ means alot :) 

layout ; ( h a r l e q u i n. )