chapter 12

Accidental Love

 

chapter12;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   "Game on!."

 

“Basketball court.. Where is the basketball court?” Ji Hyun murmured to herself as her eyes scanned along the neighbourhood.

 

Mrs Kim had specially handed her two sets of bento lunch sets – one for herself, and the other for Kai. Well of course like what Ji Hyun had guessed, Kai had always been one step earlier, leaving for school earlier than her. She was supposed to find and give Kai his lunch set, where Mrs Kim had mentioned that he would be at the basketball court.

 

She heaved a small sigh as she finally caught sight of the basketball court, and a familiar figure. “Aish, here you are,” She muttered inaudibly as she made her way to the latter from behind him, “Isn’t he afraid that he might be late for school? Fancy still finding time to play basketball.”

 

As Ji Hyun walked closer, her eyes watched Kai as he ran around bouncing the ball swiftly, running around and then finally jumping high to land the ball smoothly through the loop.

 

Ji Hyun paused in her tracks as she raised her brows, looking impressed. She had to admit, he did look quite charming this way – in his school uniform, easily scoring goals as he played with charisma. So he plays well, she thought.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

Kai’s voice broke her train of thoughts as she met eyes with him. He was panting slightly as beads of perspiration were covered on his forehead. Ji Hyun gulped.

 

W-What are you doing, Lee Ji Hyun. It’s just Kai, sweating, basketball, she chided herself in her head.

 

“Oh, I was supposed to pass this to you,” She snapped out of her gaze and handed Kai his bento set, “Mrs Kim made it for you, it’s for your lunch.”

 

Kai smiled slightly as he received it, then looking back at Ji Hyun, “Thanks. Shouldn’t you be on your way to school now?”

 

“What about you? Aren’t you going to school too?” She raised a brow at him.

 

Kai looked at her briefly with a smirk, and then resuming his game, “What’s with the sudden concern? Are you actually caring now, Lee Ji Hyun?”

 

“Oh please,” Ji Hyun found herself rolling her eyes at him, “Don’t be so childish! And it was just a casual remark.” She replied shortly as she continued watching him play.

 

“It wasn’t childish. It was just to annoy you,” He said with a grin as he scored another goal easily, “And trust me, it always works.”

 

Making a face at him, Ji Hyun folded her arms, “Kim Jongin, was I supposed to feel offended or happy at that?”

 

“Your choice.” Kai called out loud, with Ji Hyun facepalming. After awhile, Kai paused and turned to look at her, “Hey, do you play?”

 

She raised a brow at him, “Basketball? No, I can’t. And, I don’t think I ever can.” Her eyes flickered to the tall loop, looking intimidated. 

 

“There’s always a first for everything, Lee Ji Hyun. Unless..” He twisted the ball in his hands and gave her a cheeky look.

 

Eyeing him suspiciously, Ji Hyun tilted her head to the side, “Unless..?”

 

“You’re a loser.” He smirked.

 

“Wow, you- Daebak.” Ji Hyun glared at him with daggers, “Fine, show me how to do it, and if I can, you.. shall treat me to a meal! Deal?”

 

“Deal.” Kai replied without hesitation and smirked, “Watch.”

 

“First you bend your legs slightly, and with a small jump, leap off to throw the ball over the loop. Like this!” She kept her eyes on him as he shoot the ball straight through the loop once again, never failing to impress her.

 

“That was- Yah, I’m not as tall as you obviously. Could you explain slower, I’m a beginner, remember?” Ji Hyun caught the ball and said.

 

“Fine, let the expert teach you.” Kai finally said as he walked closer to her. Placing his hands on hers, he kept a firm grip on her hands.

 

Shocked, she blinked as she felt her body coming into close contact with Kai. Ji Hyun felt her cheeks pinked as her heart beat accelerated this whole time. Her body was trapped in his embrace as she could hear his panting. This is crazy, Lee Ji Hyun. You are crazy.

 

Clearing , Ji Hyun stuttered, “Y-Yah, you don’t have to-”

 

“Shh.” He shushed her, “What kind of chatty student are you?” Kai felt himself smiling as he guided her movements, then finally throwing the ball into the loop successfully.

 

The both of them continued trying for a few rounds, before Ji Hyun could finally manage on her own, managing to score a goal, as Kai and herself watched the ball entered the net smoothly.

 

“Oh! It went in!” She jumped excitedly with a bright smile on her face, “Kim Jongin, did you see that? I scored a goal!” Ji Hyun grinned widely in disbelief.

 

Kai chuckled, “You’re welcome.” Surprisingly, seeing that bright small on her face earlier on made him felt unusual.

 

He watched as she continued practicing, with a smile on his face forming whenever she managed to score a goal. Kai leaned near one of the lamp post as his eyes never left her figure. You’re a fast learner, Lee Ji Hyun, he smiled to himself watching her every actions.

 

“Yah, Jongin, come here! Let’s play a game.” Ji Hyun called out to him from the court and Kai could hardly believe his ears. He had just taught this girl 15 minutes ago and she was already asking to play a match, with him?

 

“You’re kidding me right, Lee Ji Hyun?” He slowly walked towards her, “Do you know who exactly you’re going against?”

 

Ji Hyun scoffed lightly, “I clearly know, and can see! But, everything’s got a first like you said, right?” A smirk left her lips as she looked at Kai.

 

Kai watched the girl infront of him getting confident, and he snickered, “Oh really, Lee Ji Hyun? Think twice. Loser treats the winner to a meal, right?”

 

“Game on.” She grinned widely and started running with the ball.

 

The game went on for 5 minutes, and then 10, and boy, was Ji Hyun catching up fast, even Kai was impressed. Both of them had scored a goal each, and they were getting more competitive.

 

“Yah, stop blocking me!” Ji Hyun cried as she kept trying to dodge away from Kai who was blocking the goal continuously, “You’re obviously already much taller, and trying to make things difficult.”

 

“That’s just how basketball is played, pabo!” Kai yelled back as his swift actions allowed him to snatch the ball back into his grip.

 

“Stop calling me that, you annoyance!” She shot back, “Kim Jongin, why are you so good at this?” Ji Hyun rolled her eyes she pant, trying to run after him.

 

“Remind me why you initiated this game in the first place! You obviously don’t know how I can beat you in this right?” He laughed and advanced towards the goal before hearing a shout.

 

“Oww!”

 

Stopping in his tracks, Kai’s eyes widened as he watched Ji Hyun crouched on the floor, holding onto her ankle with a miserable look on her flushed face.

 

“Yah, Lee Ji Hyun!” He ran towards her quickly, as he examined her leg, “Did you just fall?”

 

“No, I landed from the skies!” Ji Hyun rolled her eyes as she yelled with sarcasm, “It hurts..” She groaned softly.

 

“Serves you right!” Kai groaned at how she could still joke with him. “Are you okay? Can you walk? I’m so sorry. Or do you need me to-”

 

Ji Hyun suddenly burst out laughing as she watched as Kai looked so helpless. For the first time, she was seeing a side like this of the cold and arrogant Kim Jongin. “You should have seen your face..”

 

Kai’s serious and flustered expression immediately turned into disbelief and anger as he frowned at the girl infront of him, “Yah! Lee Ji Hyun? Are you mad? You were just kidding? You’re okay?”

 

Ji Hyun let out a small chuckle as she grabbed the ball from his grasp, “Sorry! But I just couldn’t see you win this game with your arrogance, Kim Jongin!” She stuck a tongue out at him playfully and ran towards the goal.

 

The both of them watched as the ball swooped through the net and landed to the floor with a loud thud.

 

Goal!

 

Ji Hyun grinned again and cheered happily as this declared that she was the winner of the game.

 

Kai stared at the girl in disbelief as he couldn’t believe that he had just got wavered and tricked by a girl, and whatsmore, Lee Ji Hyun! Watching her grin happily from ear to ear, Kai couldn’t help but break out into a smile himself, as he shook his head in amusement. He had no idea why, but seeing her smile, he just felt satisfied.

 

“You owe me a meal now!” She shouted at him, smiling.

 

You’re amazing, Lee Ji Hyun, really amazing, he thought silently as he watched her.

 

 

Fancy being the first girl to win him in a match, and being the first girl to be able to distract him. Kai was starting to feel confused.

 

Especially when it came to Lee Ji Hyun. 

 


a/n: heyyy ^^ new chapter!! sorry i was gone for such a long time :-( but nonetheless this is a new chapter for y'all!! what do you guys think? :") comments are greatly appreciated! pls comment, subscribe and upvote if you're enjoying the story!! 

xoxo