chapter 01

Accidental Love

 

chapter01;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   "can you take a picture of me, here?"

“Lee Ji Hyun, pack your things.”

 

Ji Hyun looked up from the novel she has been deeply absorbed in with a confused expression, “Huh? What for?”

               

She watched her parents gingerly enter her room, taking a sit on her bed.  “Well..?” Ji Hyun raised her brows at her two parents who were wearing unreadable expressions on their faces.

 

“W-What is it? You guys are scaring me!” She blinked and exclaimed.

 

“Lee Ji Hyun, listen up.” Her father stated slowly, looking gravely at his daughter, before nudging his wife.

 

“You’ve been accepted to Seoul University! You’re moving to Seoul, Ji Hyun!” Both her parents smiled widely and handed the shocked girl a letter that read, “Letter of Acceptance- University of Seoul”.

 

Silence fell upon the whole room as Ji Hyun held the letter shakily with her fingers trembled tracing along reading aloud, “..Congratulations, Ms Lee Ji Hyun. You have been selected to join the Seoul University..” 

 

Ji Hyun dropped the letter onto her bed and squealed aloud, “Oh my god?! I’m accepted! I’m freaking accepted! Mum and Dad, I’m accepted!” She hugged her two parents immediately as she squeezed them tightly.

 

Chuckling at their daughter, Mr and Mrs Lee hugged their daughter back. “We’re so proud of you Ji Hyun. So, so proud.”

 

“I wouldn’t have done it without the support of you two..” Ji Hyun beamed brightly as she buried her face in their embraces. “So, I’m moving.. tomorrow?!”

 

“Got the tickets covered for you already. Plane to Seoul tomorrow has been booked.” Mr Lee winked. “But, your mum and I will miss you Ji.. Take care of yourselves over at Seoul alright, we’ll find a time to visit you over there.”

 

Mrs Lee chuckled, with a tinge of sadness too,  “Yes, Ji Hyun.. It’s your first time living alone in a place so do take care of yourself okay? Just pack all of your things, dear. Mum and Dad will take care of the rest for you. Sleep early, it’s going to be a long day for you tomorrow. Get ready by 8am tomorrow alright? Now get some rest.”

 

Ji Hyun sighed sadly at the fact that her parents aren’t able to join her over at Seoul because of important business matters here they have to take care of in America, but they had spoken earlier about this arrangement before. He parents knew how much their daughter wanted this opportunity and have supported her all the way. Ji Hyun would go over to Seoul and study, and return back during mid-year breaks to visit. She smiled brightly, “Alright.. I’ll miss you mum and dad.. Really.. See you guys tomorrow morning..”

 

After her parents left the room, Ji Hyun sighed dreamily and then plopped herself down on the bed. She still could not register the fact that she has been accepted into the University of her dreams;  The Prestigious Seoul University. She has been waiting for this chance since forever. Ji Hyun’s family lived in America since a few years back because of her father’s job and she has always wanted to take her education back over at Seoul when she is finally able to enter university. Also, she missed the people and place so so much she had been dying to go back to her old home- Korea. So finally, after months of studying hard and taking her exams, the letter of acceptance had finally come and before she knows it, she’ll be hopping on a plane to Seoul tomorrow to start life there, again.

 

“Get ready for a whole new life, Lee Ji Hyun..” She couldn’t stop smiling as she muttered to herself, before finally dozing off sleepily.

 


 

It has been arranged that Ji Hyun would be staying with one of her parent’s closest friends, the Kims, for this period. The moment Mr and Mrs Kim heard that the Lee’s daughter would be coming over to Seoul from America, they had gladly offered their guest room at home for her before Ji Hyun finds a place herself. The Lees and Kims had known each other before the Lees moved over to America. The Kims had two sons, and as for the Lees, they had their daughter, Lee Ji Hyun. Ji Hyun have been more than relieved to have been offered a place to stay for now, at least she could familiarize herself with Seoul first.

 

Ji Hyun’s mum smiled sadly at her daughter who was entering the taxi to the airport, “Call us when you reach the Kims’. We’ll miss you, a lot. Call us frequently and don’t forget to take regular meals, and take good care of yourself alright? And don’t forget to-“

 

“Umma..” Ji Hyun rolled her eyes and chuckled softly, “You sound as if I’m leaving home for good aish..”

 

Ji Hyun’s father patted Ji Hyun’s head, “See you soon, Ji. Do us proud alright? We’ll go over when we have the time. You have the Kims’ address right? Remember to send our regards and many thanks to them.”

 

Nodding, Ji Hyun smiled, “Got it Appa. See you both soon!” After embracing her parents tightly and saying their last goodbyes, she entered the taxi and proceeded towards the airport.

 

“Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Heart of Korea, Seoul. The airplane will just be landing in a few minutes, please return to your seats and buckle on your seatbelts. Thank you.” The announcement sounded.

 

Looking out of the window as she gasped softly, “Woah, it has changed since the last time I’ve been here..” There it was; The city of her Dreams pictured right in front of her. She felt her lips curved up in admiration as she took in the view of Seoul from above. Sighing happily, Ji Hyun rest her head back onto the head rest and smiled, “Ah, Seoul. It’s been a long time..”

 


 

“Street 08, house no. 29..” Ji Hyun muttered under her breath as she dragged her small luggage along the rocky pavement, as she trudged slowly in her comfortable sneakers,  around the estate that was foreign to her. “Hmm, let’s see..”  She traced her fingers across the crumpled piece of paper with the Kim’s address written on it.

 

Despite having slight troubles looking for the Kim’s house, she couldn’t help but get mesmerized by the lovely view she was facing. Ji Hyun inhaled the floral scent of the area and a smile crept up her pink lips. The roads and pavements were covered with spring plants, the trees were swaying freely along with the breeze. “Ah, it never fails to stay so pretty..” Ji Hyun admired all of the houses along the district, as her eyes continued to wander around the scenery.

 

Grabbing her phone out of the pocket, she turned her camera on and tried to take a selfie against the greenery, “Hmm it doesn’t look right..”

 

Just then, a tall figure who was wearing a hoodie approached in front of Ji Hyun. Ji Hyun noticed that he looked around her age, slightly taller than her. He had dark, brown hair which looked soft and fluffy. Ji Hyun felt her breath got caught as she noticed his sparkling eyes. He was dressed in a school uniform, and Ji Hyun would have assumed that he had just stepped off a model runway. He looked up and met eyes with the girl who was standing a few feet away from him.

 

Blinking, Ji Hyun bowed at the stranger, speaking in the Korean language fluently, “Hi, can you take a picture for me here please?”

 

The man paused in his tracks and turned to look at Ji Hyun, looking slightly baffled as he raised a brow. His eyes were deep and he looked slightly irritated, “Mwo?”

 

“Ah,” She stuttered, “Can you take a picture of me, here?” She pointed to the scenery behind them.

 

He gave her a look and hesitated, before finally taking the phone from her hands, “Okay. 1, 2, 3.”

 

*SNAP*

 

Smiling, Ji Hyun turned to the handsome man and spoke, “Thank-“

 

Before she could finish her sentence, the man left, stuffing his ear pieces back into his ears, walking away.

 

Ji Hyun stared at his retreating figure, blinking, “Thank you though.” 

 


 

a/n : heyy, this is the first chapter! :) hope that you're liking it so far, subscribe for more :) 

thank you for readinggg <3333 

xx 

 

 


 

layout ; ( h a r l e q u i n. )