chapter 07

Accidental Love

 

chapter07;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   "this is going to be fun. so so, fun"

 

It was a Saturday morning and Ji Hyun had woken up especially early to make breakfast for the Kims. She had thought of at least doing something small for them since they had been extremely sweet to her, when she has been staying in their house for free.

 

Mrs Kim had originally turned down her offer to cook for the family in the morning since she explained that Ji Hyun should still catch up with her ‘beauty sleep’ for a teenager like her. “Aniyo Ji Hyun dear, it’s alright! You should get back to sleep, it’s still 7:30am!”

 

Chuckling softly, Ji Hyun shook her head, “It’s really fine, Mrs Kim. I’m used to waking up early to make breakfast back at home too. Whatsmore, I really want to help out here, all of you have been so nice to me when I’m staying here.” She smiled gratefully at the older lady.

 

Mrs Kim patted Ji Hyun’s shoulder lightly and sighed in content, “You are most welcome, Ji Hyun ah~ Ah, it has always been my dream to cook with one of my children too, anyway!” She sang cheerily.

 

Cracking the eggs into the heated pan one at a time expertly, Ji Hyun then turned to look at Mrs Kim, “Oh? Jongin and Jongkook don’t help you out in the kitchen?”

 

She laughed lightly and shrugged, “Those boys.. They can’t be bothered with kitchen stuff! Especially Jongin, he calls it ‘women-stuff’.  But at least you’re cooking with me now, makes me feel like I’m cooking with my own daughter.” Mrs Kim stood beside Ji Hyun and grinned as she brought out the plates.

 

“Heh, it’s nothing, Mrs Kim! I can do this everyday if you would like me too.” She smiled and fried the eggs.

 

Just then, footsteps were heard from the stairs as Kai walked into the kitchen. Ji Hyun looked up from the frying and she felt slightly stumped. Seems like his looks were beginning to get to her. There’s the almighty, godly looking Kim Jongin, looking so damn illegally hot. His white tank top, paired with a pair of grey sweatpants, along with his messy bed hair.  Why does he still look so good even when he just woke up, screw him really! Ji Hyun cursed under her breath as she forced herself to look away.

 

“What are you doing?” Kai said as he walked closer to the fridge, grabbing a glass of water as he then turned his gaze to Ji Hyun. He raised his brow, looking slightly impressed by what she was cooking.

 

Before Ji Hyun could answer him, Mrs Kim gushed cheerily, “Jongin ah, look! Ji Hyun dear specially woke up early today to make breakfast for the whole family! How sweet is she.. Ah, I’ll go wake your brother up now, help Ji Hyun here!” She swiftly handed the plates to Kai and left the two alone in the kitchen.

 

Curious, Kai looked at Ji Hyun and placed his cup in the sink, “You can cook?”

 

Ji Hyun made a face at him, “You know, I’m not that useless as the ‘Lee Ji Hyun’ you think I am in your perspective, Kim Jongin.  And don’t think I made this specially for you.”

 

“You ought too, you know? Who was the one that needed my protection all the way back here yesterday night, and who caused this?” Kai shot Ji Hyun a look as he pointed to his bruise on his forehead.

 

“Ah,” She looked away, “I already apologized for that! Aish, you can take this if you still demand an apology from me..” She sulked and offered a plate of scrambled eggs in his direction.

 

“You might have poisoned my portion too anyway. No thanks.” He smirked as he walked to the main door, wearing his shoes, “Then again, it’s good that you are making breakfast since you’re residing here.”

 

“I am!” She rolled her eyes and pointed a fork in his direction and strained her eyes at him, “You’re not eating?”

 

“I’m going out,” Kai replied as he grabbed his sports towel and his bottle, then looking back at her, “Tell Umma I’ll be back later. And, don’t burn the whole kitchen down.” He commented with a small smug, closing the door behind him.

 

“Yeah yeah,” Ji Hyun just blew on her fringe as she watched Kai left the house, muttering under her breath, “Ugh, he never fails to annoy me.”

 


 

“Mrs Kim! Mr Kim! Yo!”Loud voices were heard from the door as 6 boys who were all sweaty entered the Kim’s house.

 

Mr and Mrs Kim, along with Ji Hyun and Jongkook were all eating breakfast at the table when the group of boys crowded over them. Ji Hyun looked up, slightly shocked at the scene in front of her. EXO-K was here, along with Kai who looked done with his friends as he locked up the door.

 

“Hi! Sorry we came without notifying, we were starving after our game!” Chanyeol grinned sheepishly as he waved at the family.

 

“Ji Hyun noona! Ah you’re here, I almost forgotten,” Sehun grinned and rubbed the back of his head shyly, with Ji Hyun giving them a smile in return.

 

“Boys!” Mrs Kim jumped from her chair and scanned all of them, “Tsk, all of you clean up before having breakfast, arraso? Wait here, I’ll get the towels.” She left the table scurrying away.

 

Jongkook chewed on his omelet as he watched the 6 boys with round eyes, “Hyungs, you all stink! Noona, don’t you think so?” He nudged Ji Hyun.

 

“Yah Kim Jongkook, you’ll be like that someday too.” Mr Kim laughed as he wiped his mouth with the napkin, then turning to the boys, “Had a good game today?”

 

Ji Hyun watched all of them chorused a ‘yes’ altogether. Woah, are they this close to the Kims? They even get to appear without notice at the breakfast table, she watched them plopped down on their chairs after cleaning themselves.

 

“Ji Hyun, you know them right?” Mrs Kim sat back onto her seat, “They’re the noisy bunch in school. But they’re adorable. They have been friends with Jongin since.. 4 years ago? I treat them all like my sons.” She smiled and ruffled Sehun’s hair as he dugged into the fruits on the table. EXO-K grinned widely.

 

“Ah Eommoni! My hair,” Sehun whined sadly with a pouty look, making Ji Hyun laugh slightly.

 

“Eommoni’s really nice. She makes desert and food for us all the time when we pop by.” Baekhyun smiled and explained to Ji Hyun, “You’re lucky you’re in the Kim’s great hands here in Seoul.”

 

“Of course!” She replied cheerily, “It’s really nice living here, especially with this cutie pie here.” Ji Hyun smiled and pinched Jongkook’s cheeks, with everyone chuckling.

 

“But, is Jongin taking good care of you? We apologise in advance because he doesn’t know how to interact with girls well!” Suho shook his head at the latter, “Ahjussi, Jongin’s still not dating at all, despite the number of girls waiting for him. He treats them so coldly!”

 

Mr Kim looked at his wife and they both chuckled, “Jongin ah Jongin, that’s true! When are you getting a girlfriend? Even your friends are waiting!”

 

“Please, appa. Don’t listen to their nonsense.” Kai rolled his eyes and replied flatly. “Those girls are all sasaengs, potentially dangerous people.”

 

Ji Hyun laughed inwardly, thinking, at least he knows they’re dangerous. They shove their body in his face everyday. Ew.

 

Mrs Kim chuckled and turned to Ji Hyun, “Ah, Ji Hyun dear, is there another plate of omelet? You made one more earlier for Kai before he left right?”

 

The other boys cooed, “Ooh, what’s this? Jongin ah, you have a wifey here already? Ji Hyun even made breakfast for you!” Ji Hyun immediately blushed at their sentence, as she got up from her chair, then grabbing the extra plate.

 

She? No thanks.” Kai turned to Ji Hyun who looked embarrassed, “Yah, hurry. I’m starving.”

 

Ji Hyun halted before she handed the plate to him, shooting him a glare. Aish, this jerk really! Not like I would like you as my husband too! Forcing a smile at him, Ji Hyun replied and brought the plate away from Kai’s reach, “Didn’t you said you were afraid to try my cooking earlier anyway? You mentioned something about me poisoning it? Then I guess it’s fine. You don’t have to eat it either.” She smiled at him innocently.

 

Kai furrowed his brows and shot back, “Yah I was just-”

 

Chanyeol grabbed the plate away from Ji Hyun’s hands and placed it infront of the 5 boys except for Kai, “Ji Hyun ah, if Kai doesn’t appreciate this, we will!” They grinned and quickly ate the omelet, like a pack of wolves feasting hungrily.

 

“Omo! This is so delicious! Mmmm!” Baekhyun eye’s widened as he took his first bite, “Ji Hyun, you’re the best!”

 

“Yum, yum, and yum.” D.O grinned, “Let’s cook together some day, Ji Hyun ah.”

 

“Hyung’s totally losing out on this. Noona’s cooking is awesome!” Sehun shot a mischevious look at Kai who was looking pissed, “Too bad for you~”

 

“But that was my breakfast!” Kai groaned at the 5 boys, and then back at Ji Hyun who couldn’t stop laughing at the scene she was enjoying. “Yah Lee Ji Hyun!” He shot a glare at her.

 

“Serves you right for not appreciating the breakfast Ji Hyun dear made for you earlier.” Mrs Kim wagged her finger at her elder son mockingly, “Ji Hyun, ignore him. He deserves it.”

 

Kai rolled his eyes, “Am I being ganged up on right now? Lee Ji Hyun’s such a witch..” He muttered and strained his eyes at the girl who was grinning away.

 

Mr Kim looked at his son abruptly, “Kim Jongin! Manners!”

 


 

“Noona! Come and play with us!” Jongkook grinned as he called out to Ji Hyun who was sitting on the slide. EXO-K was entertaining Jongkook as they played all together at the sand and swing area. They have left for the playground since half an hour ago as Mr and Mrs Kim said it would be nice for them to take the younger boy out to play since it was a weekend. Whatsmore, Baekhyun had dragged Ji Hyun out of the house too along with them.

 

“Join us soon, Ji Hyun!” Baekhyun called out from a distance.

 

“It’s okay! Have fun, alright?” She smiled back at them, before hanging her head low again to where she was concentrating on. She was finishing this book for her literature subject that they were going to have a class test on the following Monday.

 

“Are you even that hardworking?”

 

Ji Hyun looked up to where the voice was coming from and she met eyes with Kai who was looking down at her. Right, she did not even had to guess. Who else would except for him?

 

“Oh,” She replied flatly, then turning her gaze back to her book as she continued highlighting the important quotes, “It’s you.”

 

He grabbed a bottle beside her and then sat down on the slide beside her. “What are you reading? Don’t wanna join?”

 

Her eyes widened as she turned to Kai, “What are you doing?” He sounded nice all of a sudden, scaring her slightly. Was this how he usually talked to girls, or not? Ji Hyun wondered as she scanned his face for any signs of expression.

 

“Are you blind?” He snapped and knocked her forehead with the tip of the bottle, “Sitting here, of course.”

 

Nope, back to Mean-Jerk-Jongin, Ji Hyun facepalmed. Making a face at him, Ji Hyun shrugged and mumbled, “Then are you blind? I’m studying for the test on Monday.”

 

“What’s there to study?” He looked at her shortly before taking a gulp of water.

 

Ji Hyun snapped her book shut, “Yah, you don’t need to rub the fact that you’re smart in my face!”

 

“Aren’t you smart yourself too? If not, how did you manage to get into Seoul University?” He questioned. “I guess I still don’t know much about you, Lee Ji Hyun.”

 

Ji Hyun shrugged casually, “Well, I studied really hard for this. It has always been my dream to move back to Seoul and live here. I missed this place a lot.” She confessed while looking at the scene of Jongkook with the boys playing in front of her.

 

“You know, being back here makes me feel like it’s truly home. And especially now that Mr and Mrs Kim are so nice to me, it feels really warm in here. It’s a nice feeling.” She touched her heart, then turned to look at him.

 

Kai focused on her words and how she said it. He was slightly dazed as he watched her eyes sparkled as she spoke, catching him off guard for seconds. He snapped back to reality and the thought of another question, “So.. You’ll be staying at my home temporarily? Or when will you be moving?”

 

“Tsk.” Ji Hyun glared at him, “I know you hate me, but you didn’t have to shoot a question like that right in my face! You’re so terribly mean.. I know you can’t wait for me to get out of your house..” She cried and looked extremely upset. Kai even thought she was on the verge of crying.

 

“W-What? I was just asking!” Kai felt flustered all of a sudden. It was his first time seeing a girl like that and he had no idea what to do, “A-Are you gonna start cyring now? Y-Yah!”

 

Ji Hyun burst out laughing loudly as she held onto her stomach, “Y-You should have seen your face! Chill, I was just joking with you! It’s a totally different side I’m seeing of you right now, Kim Jongin.”

 

“Aish! Don’t do that again.” He glared at her. “But, life has really changed after you stepped into our house.”

 

“How so?” Ji Hyun popped a candy into , asking.

 

“I don’t know..? My parents seem even happier than before, they mentioned about wanting a daughter so badly before.” Kai shrugged, but then turned to sneer back at her, “But, obviously a pretty and smart daughter, unlike you.” He joked.

 

“Sorry?” Ji Hyun gawked in disbelief as she threw him a punch in the shoulder. “You’re such a jerk, Kim Jongin!”

 

Kai let out a small laugh and then looked straight at her while replying Ji Hyun, “It’s actually fun disturbing you, Lee Ji Hyun. You just seem different from all the other girls I have met.” He mumbled his last sentence.

 

Ji Hyun rolled her eyes, “How different?”

 

“Let’s see. Define Lee Ji Hyun right? Hm,” He pretended to lean closer to her, slowly. He watched how she looked anxious as her lips trembled slightly. Kai was laughing on the inside as he wanted to . Girls always freaked out when he got close to them, but he was wondering whether it would work on Lee Ji Hyun, since she was so different from them. It totally does, he thought, snickering.

 

On the other hand, Ji Hyun felt like she was dying. Her chest was beating widly and she thought she was going crazy. No, this is because of his looks, only his looks. Why are you even getting weak because of his handsome looks! Aish!  Ji Hyun cried in her mind.

 

“Why are you blushing?” Kai whispered as he smirked when they were inches apart. “Are you liking me now?”

 

“A-Aish!” Ji Hyun snapped back to reality and shoved the guy onto the slide roughly, “You’re so horrible. Why can’t you just stop teasing me. You’re such a jerk.” She pouted angrily and refused to meet eyes with him.

 

Kai watched her actions and he couldn’t help but laugh, “And you’re a noisy fiesty brat.” He watched her being flustered, something he suddenly felt fun, and was interested in seeing.

 

“Y-You! Mean, proud, dude!”

 

“Thick-headed skull.”

 

“Yah!” Ji Hyun shrieked at Kai and frowned angrily, “Do you know how hard it is to get along with someone like you?”

 

Kai pretended to scan Ji Hyun from up to down, snickering, “Anyway, we knew each other back when we were four years old right? Well, it’s no fun to play with a girl with a figure.. like yours. I see no difference from back then and now.”

 

“W-What?!” Ji Hyun yelled, as she covered her chest, forming an ‘x’ with her arms.

 

“Then again..” Kai smirked and pretended to analyse her closer.

 

“Yah! Enough! You’re going to get it, Kim Jongin!” She jumped out of the slide, chasing Kai who was running away from her.

 

By now, the two of them were busy running after one another as they continued fighting in the sand. What the duo didn’t know was, Jongkook and the other 5 boys were watching the scene, jaw-dropping.

 

They had never seen Kai this way before, laughing along with a girl, having so much fun with a girl. Whatsmore, getting chased by a girl. Kai had never shown interest in any girl, or whatsmore, bothered to carry on a conversation with a girl of less than 3 sentences.

 

“Is that.. Hyung and noona?” Jongkook pointed to where the duo was having ‘fun’.

 

“This is going to be fun.” Suho’s eyes widened as he felt the sides of his lips tugged into a smile.

 

“So, so fun.” Chanyeol added, with a smirk.

 


 

a/n ; new update! hehe hope you enjoyed it~ pls subscribe, comment, and upvote! ty for reading, look forward for moree <33

xx,

oh0rats

 

layout ; ( h a r l e q u i n. )