chapter 04

Accidental Love

 

chapter04;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   "So long as you don't get me invloved in anything you do, Lee Ji Hyun."

 

“Does he get.. that much of attention?” Ji Hyun eyed Kai who was sitted at the back row of the cafeteria, with his friends from earlier.

 

“Hm?” Min Ae, Ji Hyun’s new friend/tablemate looked up at her as she crunched on her crackers, “Who? Kai?”

 

Ji Hyun nodded as she watched all of Kai’s ‘fangirls’ trying to seduce him. The scene definitely did shock her abit. Do they not know about his stinky attitude? Or does he only treat her like that just because he claims her as a stranger-that-barged-into-his-house? Ji Hyun continued watching curiously.

 

“Oppa, can I have your number please?”

 

“Kai oppa, I made this specially for you. Eat it, please?”

 

“Kai ah, I have movie tickets for two after school, would you go with me?” A girl voiced out as she sat on Kai’s table and crossed her legs ily, tucking her hair behind her ear constantly, attempting to flirt with Kai.

 

Ji Hyun expected some sort of reply from him since the moment his possessive fangirls started flirting with him around their table. She stared at them in disgust, “What the hell.. But her s are falling out of her shirt.. Geez did she really have to go to that extent to seduce him? This, is normal?”

 

“That’s how it totally is for Kai almost everyday.” Min Ae shook her head and sighed, “Girls are looking up to him, or more like after him everyday. It’s your first day here, so you have no idea how crazy it can get.” She raised her brows dramatically and shrugged.

 

Ji Hyun stared at the scene at the back. But Kai remained unamused as he scrolled through his music playlist on his iPod, totally shutting off from his surroundings. Rude, she thought and made a face at him, he should at least reject them politely, that cold Kim Jongin is such a-

 

As if Kai could hear her thoughts out loud, his gaze turned across the cafeteria to meet eyes with Ji Hyun’s. He gave her a straight face as usual, and Ji Hyun just stuck her tongue out at him.

 

“What about you? Don’t you like Kai too like the rest?” Ji Hyun asked as she nudged Min Ae beside her, ignoring Kai’s heavy gaze on her.

 

“Nah. He’s hot, but,” She leaned closer and whispered in Ji Hyun’s ears, “His personality, as you can obviously see, is a n-o for me. I prefer that one there,” She grinned cutely and pointed to one of the guys at the back , “Park Chanyeol. He’s cute, and nice. And what’s more, I choose to believe that there are only a few normal girls here, like me and the rest who are not dying over Kai.” She beamed proudly as she offered a cracker to Ji Hyun.

 

Chuckling, Ji Hyun nodded exaggerated as she munched on it, “Thanks. I can totally see that.”

 

“They’re a whole group, called “EXO-K” here in our school. There; Kai, Suho, Chanyeol, D.O, Sehun and Baekhyun. Really good looking creatures. They would have earned so damn much with just their looks.” Min Ae commented and shook her head sighing.

 

“True and- wait, did you just say Baekhyun? As in, Byun Baekhyun?” Ji Hyun gasped.

 

Nodding in return, Min Ae pointed at a guy at the back reading a book and munching on his lunch, “There. Byun Baekhyun. He’s a nice and sweet guy, unlike, Kai. I have no idea why are they even in the same group of friends. Surely it surprises me that they share the same interests and hobbies. But, different personalities.” She added.

 

Very, different.” She hissed under her breath. “Hey, I’ll be going to the washroom, be back in 5 mins.” Ji Hyun tapped her friend’s shoulder and walked away.

Ji Hyun soothed her skirt as she made her way to the toilet. The moment she looked up again, there was Kai walking towards her direction. Ignoring his presence, Ji Hyun sighed and looked away, avoiding his eye contact.

 

 

"It’s only the first day and you're already seen leaving the washroom with a guy? Wow you've got some guts, Lee Ji Hyun, didn't know you were someone like that too."

 

Stopping in her tracks, Ji Hyun’s jaw dropped as she glared fiercely at the male just inches away from her. 

 

“What are you-” She hissed, shocked at his remarks, “When did I ever do something like that?”

 

Kai rolled his eyes, “Are you trying to play dumb with me, or are you just dumb?”

 

Ah, she recalled, he’s referring to in the morning when Baekhyun was waiting outside the washroom area?

 

She continued, “That was-”

 

“Oh, so you’re not that kind of sweet-pure-innocent-nice girl then? I should have known.” He scoffed and leaned in closer to her ears, “Better watch your behaviour, I do not want to live under the same roof as a playgirl.” With that, Kai gave her a smirk and walked away nonchalantly, leaving an astonished Ji Hyun standing there rooted to the ground.

 

Exhaling deeply, Ji Hyun felt a wave of heat rise to her chest as she clenched her fist madly. “What did he just accuse me of? Wow, unbelievable.” She huffed, and whipped her head towards him angrily.

 


 

During dinner that night, Ji Hyun and the Kims were having a good time as they ate and chat together.

 

“So, how was your first day at school today Ji Hyun ah?” Mr Kim asked across the dinner table as he plunged a piece of chicken meat into his mouth.

 

Glancing at the two elders, she smiled, “It was relatively good. People were nice. I made some new friends too and it was quite okay settling down there.”

 

They both grinned. “If you ever need anything you can come straight to us for help okay sweetie?” Mrs Kim said thoughtfully. “But, universities these days are filled with all kinds of people. Although there are nice and kind ones, you have to beware of those cocky and mean ones okay? You know, those who show off, or are proud and all.. I’ve seen many of those kinds. Kids these days are getting out of hand.” She added on and made a face.

 

Ji Hyun almost choked on her soup as the first and only person that came to her mind- Kim Jongin, who was just seated across her. Humming, she quickly added in response as she straightened up in her chair, “I definitely did meet a few of those rude and arrogant ones today.”

 

She could see Kai looking up at her as she pretended to ignore his gaze, munching on her meal.  She snickered inwardly, he should know that ‘rude’ and ‘arrogant’ totally falls under his category right?

 

“That’s typical of kids these days,” Mr Kim sighed, “You don’t have to bother about those kind of rude people, it’s not worth your time too.” He stated, which Ji Hyun responded enthusiastically with a nod.

 

She met eyes with Kai, and he shot her a glare. “What do you think you’re doing?” He mouthed when everyone else wasn’t looking.

 

A smirk left Ji Hyun’s lips as she thought, “Lee Ji Hyun, 1; Kim Jongin, 0.”

 

When everyone finished their dinner, Ji Hyun insisted to clean up the dishes and Mrs Kim told Kai told to help out alongside. Despite the many “It’s alright, Mrs Kim,  I can handle it myself,”, she made her son do it too. Great, Ji Hyun frowned, I look forward to being in the same kitchen as him.

 

It was exceptionally quiet as the sound of plates clanking against each other filled the air. The only two teenagers in the kitchen stood side by side as they cleaned the dishes up. Kai was washing them, while Ji Hyun dried them. It was surprising how they could even work together in just dishwashing.

 

The more Ji Hyun thought about what happened earlier outside the washroom today, the more she was fuming. And what’s more, the guy that caused her to be pissed was exactly the guy that was standing right next to her now! “I do not want to live under the same roof as a playgirl.” She recalled Kai’s words. How could he have just framed me like that?!She groaned under her breath as she let her anger out by tugging the cloth roughly around the plate as she wiped it squeaky clean.

 

“Be careful with that will you?” Kai hissed, breaking the silent atmosphere, “If that plate gets damaged by your roughness, I’ll make you pay for it.”  

 

Ji Hyun made a face at him. Inhaling a deep breath, she turned to face him completely as after settling the plates down on the rack neatly. Take it cooly,Lee Ji Hyun, you’re more civilized than him, at least, she thought.

 

“What did you meant by calling me a playgirl today?” Ji Hyun started off with a cool tone, “And FYI, you misunderstood about the washroom issue. It’s definitely not like what you think.” She emphasized on her last sentence.

 

Kai kept his gaze on the dishes and replied as he shrugged, “What could it be besides that? I saw it clearly with my own eyes. I’m sure many people saw it too, they would have thought likewise.”

 

She furrowed her brows at him and took another deep breath  as she resisted the temptation to wipe that smirk off his face, “If you do not like the presence of me, I can tolerate that. But please have some respect for me, Kim Jongin.”  Ji Hyun frowned at him as her tone become more serious.

 

Honestly, Kai was taken aback slightly as his lips parted. He was not intending to take it seriously but as a light joke to bug her slightly. Did he mention, he actually found it interesting to annoy her, since she was the first and only girl that has ever developed a disliking to him. She was actually putting up an intimidating and fierce image infront of him right now.

 

Ji Hyun sighed, “Just let me live peacefully here in Korea without making enemies like cocky people, alright? I would appreciate that, alot.”

 

“Suit yourself.” He replied monotonously after a minute of silence between the both of them, “So long as you don’t get me involved in anything you do, Lee Ji Hyun.” Then he cleaned his hands on the dry cloth, leaving her standing there like she was nothing, once again.

 

“Oh god, really? Where did he get his manners from? Mrs Kim is such a lovable and kind mother, and Mr Kim is so nice and understanding. And Jong Kook, such a sweet and lovely boy with manners,” she emphasized and hissed, “Unlike that narcissist, rude, rotten Kim Jongin.”

 


A/N : hey guys, hope you enjoyed chapter 4, and that you're enjoying the story so far! please do give any feedbacks so i can improve on the stoy toooo ;) comment, subscribe and upvote, tysm <333 have a lovely day and i'll get the next chapter up soon! :>

xx,

oh0rats

 

layout ; ( h a r l e q u i n. )