chapter 05

Accidental Love

 

chapter05;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   "You're living with who-?!"

 

A week has passed and Ji Hyun and Min Ae have gotten closer, basically looking like long lost BFFs. Yes, really that close. Min Ae have invited Ji Hyun over to her house several times, and even brought her out to show her around the nearby places shopping malls and parks.

 

Of course, Ji Hyun had finally found her way to explain to Min Ae about her living in Kai’s house, and to keep it a secret from the school too. They were just on their way back from school as the two girls walked slowly and chatted. And boy, Min Ae’s reaction was hilarious.

 

“You’re living with who-?! Kai? Lee Ji Hyun you’re totally in for it! So how’s it so far hmm?”

 

Ji Hyun’s jaw hung open, “Yah! Keep your volume down! If the other students find out I’m doomed. He doesn’t want anyone to know about it as rumors might start.” She whipped her head left and right to check for any students who might have heard.

 

Min Ae wriggled her brows while stopping in her tracks, “So.. Any progress with him, or do you still hate him to the core?”

 

Ji Hyun sighed and groaned, “Tell me about it. It’s not as fantastic as it sounds like every girl’s dream alright. He’s attitude stinks. He’s rude, mean, and cold. He just hates the sight of me, which he classifies as a ‘stranger-popping-up-in-his house-living with-him’.” She blew on her fringe and rested her head on her friend’s shoulder.

 

“Well, maybe things will change if you get to know him better? You know, anything can happen when the both of you are living under the same roof.” Min Ae laughed and pat her friend’s back. “You’re probably the hardest girl he has to deal with. Do me proud, Ji.”

 

“Yah, nothing is going to happen. So stop making it sound like I will like him one day. That’s a no for me.” She crossed her arms determinedly.

 

Pulling her friend to the ice cream shop at the corner of the road, Min Ae chuckled, “I won’t be surprised one day if you are categorized under Kai’s fanclub one day.”

 

“You wish,” She made a face at her, as the two girls entered the shop with a bell jingle as the door swung open, “That will be the day you dye your hair neon orange, Park Min Ae.” She giggled jokingly.

 

“Heol,” Min Ae eyes widened as she looked at the corner of the shop, “Lee Ji Hyun, you are definitely in for this.”

 

Ji Hyun turned her gaze towards where her friend was looking at, only to find a group of boys dressed in school uniform seated there, savouring their ice cream with grins on their faces. “Isn’t that.. EXO-K that you told me about?”

 

“Exactly, and speaking of the devil. There’s him.” Min Ae whispered as she pointed discreetly at the guy with a loosened tie, eyes on his phone.  “Do you wanna join them?”

 

“No?! Are you mad, he doesn’t want anyone to know that the both of us know each other, remember?” She quickly pulled her friend to the counter, hoping not to get their attention, “Let’s just get our flavours and leave.”

 

“Ugh, fine..” Min Ae agreed as she placed the orders for the two of them, “Give me one mint, and another chocolate chip. Thanks!”

 

Meanwhile, at the corner, Suho strained his eyes at the two girls at the counter as he tapped Kai’s sleeves, “Yah Jongin, isn’t that the girl that we met the last time?”

 

The guys’ eyes all landed on where Suho was watching Ji Hyun and Min Ae getting their orders.

 

Kai groaned inwardly as he saw Ji Hyun standing right there, he sure was hoping his friends never asked about Ji Hyun. He knew they were definitely gonna start matchmaking the both of them together. Since they already had some suspicions.

 

“She really is! Shouldn’t we get to know her better? She seems different from all of Kai’s other fans.” D.O said. “Someone get her over here, we can chat.”

 

“Yah hyung!” Kai sprang forward in his chair as he shot a glare at D.O who raised his hands defensively, “She’s nothing like a normal girl in our school. Why do all of you want to get to know her?”

 

The other 5 guys looked at each other curiously and they tried to hold their laughter.

 

“Who’s this girl you’re talking about? Did something happen?” Baekhyun looked up from his ice cream.

 

“You’ll see now, Baek.” Chanyeol suppressed his smile as he ignored Kai’s protests and got up from his chair, making his way to the counter.

 

“Hey, nice to meet you both,” A voice sounded behind the two girls, “You’re both from out school right?”

 

Min Ae’s eyes widened as she stuttered, “Chanyeol-ssi?” She turned to her right to look at Ji Hyun, who appeared as shock as well, as she quickly tried shaking her head to refuse.

 

“Yup, join us.” Suho piped in from Chanyeol’s back, “Come on, just treat it like a small chat or something. You know Kai too right?”

 

“Yeah! Our Ji Hyun knows Kai! Come on, Ji Hyun, you should make more friends you know?” Min Ae grinned and interlocked her friend’s arm with her own, then turning to Suho and Chanyeol, she smiled, “Alright, we’ll join you guys.”

 

“Ji Hyun!” Baekhyun’s lips curled into a smile as he saw the girl coming to their direction, “What are you doing here?”

 

Ji Hyun flashed him a warm smile, “Hey, Baekhyun.”  Her breath got caught as she caught sight of Kai looking at her with a straight face. Is this his face 24/7? I swear this guy never smiles, she thought.

 

“Eh? Baekhyun hyung, do you know her too?” Sehun asked and he nodded in return, “Are the both of you okay? Do you see Kai here?” He gestured at the older one seated beside him, “Are you both.. not going to start flirting with him or something like those fans?” His last sentence got D.O elbowing him.

 

“We’re nothing like those crazy ones.” Min Ae let out a laugh as she ate her ice cream.

 

“You’re Park Min Ae right?” Chanyeol quickly turned to Min Ae, asking as he smiled, “We’ve seen you around before in class.”

 

“Yeah, you guys are EXO-K, clearly.” She chuckled lightly with some of them rubbing the back of their heads shyly.

 

Aigoo, I can totally see you flushing red, Park Min Ae, Ji Hyun snickered inwardly.

 

Suho cleared his throat and gave the girls a smile, “So.. Shall we do some introductions here? I’m Suho. He’s Chanyeol, there’s D.O, there’s Sehun, Baekhyun, and Kai. And you’re..?” He pointed to each guy individually and then finally turning his gaze to Ji Hyun.

 

Before Ji Hyun said anything, she could feel Kai who was seated at the other end staring at her. They made eye contact and Ji Hyun gave him a look before she finally broke the eye contact, turning back to the rest with a bright smile, “So I’m Lee Ji Hyun. I’m a new student here. Nice to meet you.”

 

“Ah, you’re from the US right?” Sehun asked. “The both of you are really pretty by the way.” The maknae gushed and gave an eyesmile, with the rest of the guys gagging away.

 

“Ah, thank you.”

 

“So Ji Hyun, how do you know Kai?” Baekhyun looked to his right where she was seated.

 

That one question got both Kai and Ji Hyun looking up, eyes widened. Their gazes met as Kai signaled for her to stay quiet.

 

“Erm, well..” She looked at them to see 5 guys waiting for her answer curiously, “Our p-parents.. sort of know each other? Yeah.. We were told that we knew each other when we were really young, before I left for the US, that is..” At least help me out here, Kim Jongin, she groaned under her breath. She herself had no idea on the kind of crap she was blabbering on.

 

“Oh.. So you’re like long long lost childhood friends?” Suho asked.

 

Chanyeol tilted his head in confusion, “Then Jongin, Ji Hyun just came back from the US, shouldn’t you be taking care of her? Since the both of you are friends?”

 

“So where do you stay now, Ji Hyun?” D.O questioned further, “Did your parents follow you here? Or are they in the US?”

 

“Uh.. They remained in the US. I’ll just be staying here until my university studies end.” She replied cautiously, careful not to let out the fact that she’s living in Kai’s house.

 

Sehun continued, “You live alone? It’s so dangerous for a girl of your age to live alone here in Seoul. Whatsmore, you are not familiar-”

 

“She can take care of herself, despite the fact that she’s abit thick-headed. Right, Lee Ji Hyun?” Kai finally said as he sat up straight in his chair, looking directly at her with a smirk.

 

That rude jerk, fancy embarrassing me infront of his friends too? Fine, two can play a game, she thought as she shot him a look, before finally saying, “I’m living temporarily at Kai’s house.”

 

“WHAT?!” All of the guys almost choked, including Baekhyun, as they stared at the both of them in shock, jaws dropping.

 

“Yah, are you crazy?” Min Ae nudged her friend.

 

“Alright, that’s all you need to know.” Kai hissed as he looked at everyone at the table, “If you don’t mind, Lee Ji Hyun and I need to have a talk.” He stood up with a cold expression.

 

Grabbing onto her wrist and pulling her out of her chair, he dragged the stunned girl out of the shop quickly before any of them could protest further.

 

His grip on her hand was tight as she struggled, “Aish, let go of me!” She hissed.

 

The moment they were out of the shop, Kai let go and he looked at her sternly, “What were you doing? Why would you let them know? Didn’t you forget what I told you!”

 

“That hurt..” She rolled her eyes at him and massaged the area Kai held on, “Hey! Okay fine, maybe I was a little rash, but! It was your fault, you called me a thick headed skull, you.. Kim Jongin!”  Her temper rose.

 

“You could have just kept quiet. They wouldn’t stop asking now.” Kai shook his head at the girl infront of him, “Anyway, you told Park Min Ae earlier, didn’t you?”

 

Biting onto her lips nervously, Ji Hyun nodded slowly as she refused to make eye contact with Kai.

 

“You really-” Kai pointed at her as he let out a sigh, “Aish, you’ll be the death of me, Lee Ji Hyun.” He shot her one last look before he entered the shop again, “And, you do have a thick headed skull, pabo.”

 

 “Aish! Screw you, Kim Jongin.” She mouthed behind him and made a face at him as she huffed frustratedly.

 


 a/n : tried to make this chapter long but was having a writer's block ahh -_-" hope you liked it tho! things are getting more exciting huehuehue~ please subscribe, comment and upvote, or tell me what you would like to see in the next chapters ;) tysm for reading <333

xx,

oh0rats

 

layout ; ( h a r l e q u i n. )