Hope 1

Hopeless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In your eyes that look at me,
there aren’t any feelings that are like mine
It’s such a sad thing
to know your heart

 

Just a little bit more, I’ll just look at you a little more
Then I can put away my feelings
That’s what I believed, that’s why I’m doing this
But my feelings are getting bigger and deeper
My heart won’t listen, it won’t get better

 

 

She doesn't know since when her feeling grows, but she was sure it was more than just a crush anymore. She is falling, for her best friend. And what is worse than a friend zone is family zone.

 

As Seohyun watches the rain pour down at the already wet ground, the reflection in the glass window disturb her when she heard the closest best friend in her life mumbled, whispering secrets like she wasn't in presence. Did they not know how their voice could echo around this small bedroom and give clear information of their topic?

 

"I will have a date with her this saturday.."

 

"Woah daebak.." Jonghyun claps his hand, looking at his friend in amaze.

 

"She is like the hottest girl at the school, and I can't believe how she accept me immediately." With his pride high, Yonghwa boasted around to his friend.

 

"Duguuu???" Seohyun decide to join in their conversation, sitting in between them forcefully, receiving a disgust look and complaints from the two. 

 

It always been their habit since they were young, the three of them, Seohyun, Jonghyun, her big brother and Yonghwa. They were inseparable partner in crime, each of them have no secrets around each other. Yonghwa will always be the easiest one to fall in love, though also the one who never had more than 2 weeks relationship with anyone he dated. "It was not a serious relationship anyway, we just get to know each other and if it's not working than we will have our separate way," he reasoned.

 

And though she was laboring a crush with him, she never mind for his player life since he never serious with them and get bored easily.

 

Maybe it was because of their closeness, or just the way she dress and act that make he can't even see her the way he saw another girl. He loves something pretty and girly, she loves something casual and sporty. He loves pretty cutie girly girl yet she was a witty chatty tomboy girl.

 

In short, she was what he would find the least attractive in girls.

 

She never let her hopes high for she knows he will never feel the same way as her. Not until he date with this new girl. At first it was the same, he has a crush on her and they start to date. The problem is, Seohyun never thought this girl will be the first one he date longer than 2 weeks. He starts to bring her to their usual hang out places, and many events.

 

"This is Hyeri, my girlfriend.." Yonghwa introduced them at that time.

 

Seohyun felt anxious with this girl presence, her heart ache whenever she saw how Yonghwa interact with her. Why should she fall for him in the first place when she knows he never had the same feeling as what she had?

 

"That's because he doesn't see you as a girl, darl. Look ak you.. It was like you hide that potential value in yourself with that outfit." Tiffany who never stops complaining whenever they met said.

 

"But I like the way I am. If he wants me he should accept me as me, right? You know... inner beauty.."

 

Tiffany shook her head, clearly disagree with what she said. "Oh darl, men is a visual person. If they were not even attracted with your outer beauty, they would never have the urge to know your inner beauty. Well in your case, it was because he saw you as his little sister and best friend, not a potential girlfriend. That's why we should make sure to make him change his mind."

 

Seohyun could see the eye smile of her best cousin from the mirror and she knows this pink lover will surely take her as an experimental victim.

 

Tiffany make Seohyun change to her dress, which Seohyun refuse at first since she doesn't like wearing any kind of skirts. After convince her and put some threaten voice, Seohyun finally agree to wear it. After that Tiffany put some make up on her face, the light one. Throwing her baseball cap in the bed, Tiffany loosens her ponytail hair and makes it straight.

 

"Omo.. so pretty.." Tiffany giggled. "If you allowed me to do this earlier, I bet Yonghwa already falling for you since so long ago, darl."

 

Seohyun couldn’t believe that it was her she was looking for from the reflection. For 15 years of her life, this is the first time she actually think that she is pretty.

 

 

At this time he is usually in the school field, playing basketball with his friends. Sometimes she will come and watch or just sit in the bench to read, sometimes she would join them play.

 

She walks with a high hope on her shoulder, wondering what he will say after he saw her like this. Though she needs many adjustments as she wasn't used to wear skirts and let her hair loose.

 

Her eyes search him and immediately find his presence despite the crowded in the field. Her heart race rapidly, thumps loudly when he saw him dribble the ball. Suddenly the crowded missing and only him in his vision, time stop, the world stand still, unconsciously she holds her breath.

 

Just when he succeeds to shoot the ball in to the ring and the team cheers loudly her breath back to normal. He walks with his teammates closer to her when the game ended. She approached him with a big smile on her face, hoping to see a good reaction from him. He glances at her for the second time when he starts to realize her presence. His mouth gape, his eye pop larger, think his eye deceives him.

 

"S-seohyun?"

 

Nervously, she tucks her hair behind the ear and bit her lips, waiting for his response. After 3 seconds silent, she could hear chuckles from the latter, when she looks up Yonghwa just laughing while examining her from head to toe. "Woahh.. Isn’t it our Seohyun? What makes you be like this?"

 

He turns her around, touching her straight hair, "Your hair.." He laughed. "Seriously, Seohyun.. You look like a girl.. Are you crushing on someone?"

 

Oblivious Yonghwa keep teasing her nonchalantly, while the other team members looking at her in shock and start to as well. This is clearly not a reaction she is longing for and it makes her feel embarrassed of herself. She felt ugly and unfitted.

 

"Just so you know, Oppa.. I'm a girl!" She storms out from the field, running away while wiping the tears in the corner of her eyes. She should know something like this were really not for a girl like her. She should know bett

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter