Sick with Yugyeom

A Collection of Got7 Oneshots

Staying up late on your phones, you've been trying to help your boyfriend, Yugyeom, come up with lyrics to a song off the new album for GOT7 he's helping to write. "Yugi, I'm tired..." 

Without taking his eyes off his phone, he answers, "Then go home and sleep, you don't have to help." You slump back in the leather chair and grunt. The time on your phone reads 1:14 a.m. and you aren't sure if any buses are running this late. Do they? 

"Yugyeom, are there any bus routes that are close to our apartment this late?" you ask curiously.

"Um, I don't know and I'd rather you take a cab. I don't want you to get hurt or anything like that." You smile at his protectiveness and lean over to pinch his cheek.

"What was that for?" Yugyeom ponders.

You laugh, "No reason, I just think you're adorable." He chuckles at your randomness and takes a break from his searching of words to call you a cab. 

After twenty minutes, the cab finally arrives to the studio and you gather your things. As you turn to leave, Yugyeom grabs your hand and tugs on you to stop you from leaving, "Hey, be careful. I love you, I'll see you in a couple hours."
 
"Yugyeom," you accidentally whisper.
 
He sighs, "I know, I know. I'll try to get back soon for a decent amount of sleep." You both kiss quickly and he finally lets go of your hand to let you leave.
 
"See you soon," you call to him as you exit the building. Twisting around in your bed, you can't find a comfortable spot to finally get some sleep. "Ugh," you grunt. You sit up just enough to look at the clock on your right bedside table. 4:53 a.m. When is he coming home? You worry inside, hoping he'll have enough energy for all his practicing tomorrow. You throw your body back onto the bed and groan in desperation. You turn back onto the right side of your body and slowly fall asleep due to exhaustion. 
 
A door slams, waking you up. Having no idea if it's still night or the next day, you read the clock once again. 5:15 a.m. Is he just now getting home?
"Yugyeom?" you call out. You hear foot steps across the hardwood floor slowly getting louder as they get closer to your room. Steadily, the door opens and you can see a tall figure standing halfway into the room.
 
Your boyfriend looks down at the ground shyly, "I know I'm late but I had to finish." You sigh sadly but you can't help but admire how hard he works for his fans and his dreams.
 
"Come to bed..." you whisper while holding open the bed covers to your left. Yugyeom drops his bag to the floor and strips off his clothes except for his boxers for comfort and climbs into the bed. He wraps his left arm around your stomach and pulls you into his body so he can cuddle you but you can't help but be uncomfortable from the abnormal heat his body is exerting. He pulls you closer to rest his forehead on your shoulder for comfort and you realize that his forehead is burning and his body is shaking against yours. You turn around and put your hand against his forehead to try and get a feel for how hot he is. ... "Honey, you're sick," you whisper as you hold his head up to look at you.
 
"I know, I didn't want you to worry."
 
"You're pushing yourself too hard, Yugi... You need a break, if even for a couple hours. You're sick because you need rest, baby." you say heartbroken.
 
A tear drops down his face as he begins to cry, "I just don't want to disappoint anyone." You wipe away his tears and kiss him lightly on the nose.
 
"You will never disappoint anyone," you croak out. You push back the hair that's stuck to his forehead from sweat and tuck it behind his ears. Before getting off the bed, you give him a small kiss and tell him you love him. You walk over to your joint closet and take out extra blankets and lay them on him. Not to worry Yugyeom, you leave the room to call JYP to tell him that he's sick and has to take a day off so he can heal. Surprisingly, JYP tells you to take an extra day off so he can get recover properly. After thanking him multiple times, you finally hang up the phone and text the rest of GOT7 to not worry about Yugyeom and that you'll take care of him. You walk to the living room and turn up the heat, hoping that when by tomorrow most of his sickness will be gone by sweating it out. Returning back to room, you see Yugyeom shivering underneath the blankets you set on him and sigh. Tiptoeing over to his side, you lean down to Yugi and speak softly, "You're going to be really uncomfortable with all the heat at first but after a while, you'll be fine, okay?" He nods in response and pulls the blankets up so they cover him more. "Just go to bed, baby." You bring your hand to his face and cup his cheek lovingly.
 
"I love you," he whispers out.
 
You smile, "I love you too, Yugyeom, so much." After he finally falls asleep, you climb back into the bed and snuggle into his side. Unconsciously, he interlocks your fingers together and holds your left hand while he's sleeping. You place your open hand on his bare chest to have more contact with his body and smile. Turning your head towards him, you place a small kiss on his arm and close your eyes hoping to finally get some real rest.