Day 6

101 Days With You

After the dinner at Jieun's parents' house, 2 days have passed without the two seeing each other.

"Jieun eonnie! Are you going meeting Yoseob oppa soon?" Suzy nudged Jieun's elbow as they sat beside each other.

Suzy takes a sip of her iced coffee and looks back at her phone.

"Hmm?" Jieun was staring off into space that she didn't hear clearly what her friend said.

"Are you going to meet Yoseob oppa later?" Suzy grins and added, "Minho oppa is taking me out to watch a movie. Do you want to go?"

"Nah. You two go on your date. Work has been hectic that we even had to go work on a Sunday!" Jieun slumped and rests her forehead on the table almost knocking her iced coffee.

"But you haven't met in 2 days." Suzy pouted and Jieun ignores her friend.

"In dating, do we always have to go see each other? Isn't that tiring?" Jieun turns her head, making her cheek rest against the table instead.

"I thought the male would be the ones who have plans and asks the girl out. Doesn't it work that way?" Jieun questions again and sighs.

Suzy clears and thinks of an answer. "Well. It depends on the couple." Suzy nods as she answered.

"Depends? How?" Jieun sits straight up and sips her iced coffee.

"How? For example, Minho oppa and I have been dating for almost 2 years now but before any of that happened we were best friends since middle school. Seeing each other so often isn't really unusual for us. We just hang out like how we used to. But for your case, a male who dated a few girls dates a girl who has no experience at dating at all, the other party will have a dilemma." Suzy explains and Jieun nods.

"But why would they have a dilemma? If it's because they don't want the girl to be uncomfortable why don't they just ask? Men are cowards, indeed." Jieun shakes her head and drinks her drink.

"Eonnie. It doesn't work like that. In your age, you guys could just be honest with each other but with younger couples, usually the girls just goes with the flow. But eonnie..." Suzy looks at Jieun and squints her eyes.

"You don't like Yoseob oppa that much do you?" Suzy sighs and says to herself, "I guess things like that could happen."

"How would I like a guy who dates me because he was paid and is in a contract relationship with me? Tell me." Jieun folded her arms and looks at Suzy.

Her friend coughs and clears after.

"Can't you just pretend and date each other like a contract doesn't exist? It's time for you to date someone eonnie." Suzy wipes her lips with a napkin.

"How can I even act like a contract doesn't exist? Every time I see that guy all I think about was how I'm meeting him because of my parents. And while I'm in a pretend relationship, I probably wouldn't get to meet or just even see the real guy for me." Jieun was getting frustrated.

She was mad that Suzy didn't told her about this in the first place, she was angry that she had to do this just so her parents wouldn't make her have an arranged marriage. But on top of that all, she hated seeing her mom smile in front of Yoseob like that and even told him that they leave him in his care. As much as Jieun regrets everything she has done, there's no backing away anymore. What's done has been done. Either she tells the truth or. Or what?

"There's just no bright side in this situation." Jieun mutters and Suzy heard it.

"There is. What if you guys were the right one for each other? A few days only passed and you still got like what? 90 days or more left with him. Use those to see if you guys are compatible." Suzy pushed. She can't let Jieun ruin this chance. After all, she was doing this for her friend's sake.

"And what if I do find myself falling for that guy? What? I'm not going to meet him for 5 years after confessing?" Jieun tsked. She stood up on her chair and grabs her bag.

Jieun looks around the place and looks back at Suzy who is staring at her. "Come on. I'm not happy about the atmosphere we're making here."

Suzy nods as she follows her friend outside.

"I like this. Fresh air, sunny and the warm feeling." Jieun looks up to the sky with closed eyes, inhaling and exhaling the fresh air.

Suzy got the idea that her friend didn't want to talk about it. As much as she wants to help and continue the conversation, having to see how Jieun acted was enough for the day. Maybe she just really needs a rest from work.

Busy thinking about her friend who was enjoying the weather, Suzy's phone started ringing, thinking it was her boyfriend she immediately answered the call.

Suzy was about the say something when the other person on the line beat her to it.

"Suzy?" It wasn't her boyfriend's voice but Yoseob's.

Suzy slowed her pace so she was walking behind Jieun and whispered, "Why are you calling me, oppa?"

"I couldn't contact Jieun. Are you with her? Is she alright? Please tell her to answer my calls. I'm worried." It was clear to Suzy that Yoseob was really worried.

"Did you left her that many missed calls? Yoseob oppa, I thought I told you what the do's and don'ts." Suzy was ready to scold him but she stops in her tracks as she sees that Jieun is looking weirdly at her.

"If that's Minho oppa, there's no reason to whisper." Jieun shakes her head and continues on walking.

Suzy sighs in relief that she thought that.

"I was only worried, okay? I texted her to meet me in the library where she frequently goes but she wasn't replying back so I tried calling her and she wouldn't pick up. At first I thought she hated me and I had to think through what I did wrong and I was going out of my mind because I couldn't think of anything, I wanted to ask her myself so I texted her again but there was no reply so I tried calling her a multiple times, I also went to her apartment thinking that maybe she was sick and-" Yoseob ranted to Suzy all he had to go through but Suzy had enough.

"Oppa. I'll tell her to come with me to the library. Come there fast and I'll give you two some time." Suzy sighs and ends the call.

These two are really childish. Suzy giggled at her thought and linked arms with Jieun.

"Eonnie, do you know a good library? Somewhere you frequently goes too would be nice." Jieun looked at Suzy, confused.

"You don't read mangas nor do you read any novels. There's no fashion magazines at the library I go to so I'll take you to another library." Jieun answers and Suzy almost shouted.

"No!" Suzy clears . "No, I mean Minho oppa told me that there's a new interesting book that a friend recommended to him so he wants me to read it." Suzy laughs a little and scratches her head.

"Really? Then if it's related to literature, we can just go to any other libraries." Jieun says.

"But I want to buy the book." Suzy was trying her best not to be obvious but Jieun was making it hard for her.

"They don't sell books. They just let you borrow them." Jieun stops in her tracks and looks at Suzy weirdly.

"What?" Suzy stuttered a little and Jieun tilts her head sideward. "No it's just that. Why do you want to go badly to the library? There's many here in the are, why to where I go?" Jieun asks and shakes her head, "This is just too weird."

"It's not weird! I just want to know where you read books and stuff. Minho oppa has been telling me to read books and I just want to hang out with you too. Isn't better to to read books where you usually go to? Doesn't it give you a comfortable vibe? I want to know the feeling too, eonnie." Suzy looks down.

Jieun laughs and ruffles Suzy's hair without difficulties because of her head was down.

"If you just said that in the first place then you wouldn't have to be too embarrassed about it." Jieun links their arms together again.

"Ah, my dongsaeng is really..." Jieun and Suzy laughs it off.

"This is the famous library that Lee Jieun goes to frequently." Jieun gestured for Suzy to go in first and held the door open for her friend, like a royalty.

"Woah. This place looks really old but in a good way." Suzy was amaze at how the shelves looks kind of old the same with the desks, stairs, and the walls.

"It give me the old-library-at-the-countryside kind of vibe." Jieun smiles and she turns to look at Suzy.

"What book do you want to read?" Jieun asks as she tours Suzy to different aisles showing different genres.

"I'll look one for myself, eonnie. In the meantime you should go read a book too." Suzy waves Jieun off somewhere and heads to the romance novels which is upstairs.

"Aish. That girl. Leaving me behind after saying such a thing before." Jieun shakes her head and heads to the classic novels.

"I guess I'll just read something new for today." Jieun grabs a random book and looks for a place to sit.

"Maybe this is a better place to read than go sit in the chair." Jieun nods to herself and sits on the floor and starts reading the book.

Meanwhile, Yoseob entered the library earlier than the two and he was reading Harry Potter.

"This part feels nostalgic. I better look for Jieun now." Yoseob puts back the book on the shelves and leaves.

He looks left and right, looking for Jieun. Maybe she's not here, yet? Yoseob thought and texted Suzy.

He walks through different aisles but couldn't find her.

As Jieun reads a book, she looks left and right, feeling uncomfortable at her position right now.

"Guess I'll be reading on the desks." She sighs as she stands up.

She was about to take a turn on the corner when she saw a familiar man texting.

"Isn't that boss? What is he doing here? If he finds me, he might talk to me about work again. Aish." Jieun frustratingly sighs and contemplates whether to leave or just stay.

After some thinking, Jieun decided to just bring the book and look for Suzy.

In the middle of walking through aisle, Jieun finally realized that she didn't know where Suzy went and walking around aimlessly will just make her possibilities of meeting the boss, bigger.

Jieun didn't know what to do. If she goes back now, the boss might see her but if she stops here, people will think she's crazy for reading a book not even in the same aisle as it is.

She sighs and just went to the stairs to sit there and read. She doesn't care anymore if the boss finds her.

"Jieun?" I didn't know it would be this fast. Jieun thought as she lifts her head up with wide eyes.

"Yoseob?" Jieun's voice was almost loud that she clasped her hand to .

Yoseob grins and scratches his nape.

"I didn't know I would find you here." Yoseob laughs a little.

"Do you mind if I sit beside you?" Yoseob asked, feeling a bit nervous.

"Umm.. Sure, I guess?" Jieun moved a little further to the side, giving more space for Yoseob to sit on and for people to walk on.

"You weren't answering my texts and calls so I thought of going to the library." Yoseob suddenly said after sitting down and Jieun gave him a weird look.

"I mean if you're wondering why I'm here." Yoseob looks down and Jieun thought he was cute for a second.

Yoseob smiles at her and Jieun immediately remembers what Suzy and her conversed about. It won't hurt to try, would it?

"What are you reading?" Yoseob asked and accidentally leaned a bit more than he should to Jieun which made Jieun flinch a bit.

"Sorry. It's Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger." Jieun goes back to her composure and answers Yoseob.

Yoseob nods, "I was reading Harry Potter a while ago and thought of looking for..." Yoseob cut himself off before he said 'you' and covers it up, "Lord of the Rings."

"Ah! I was just in the aisle. Should we go?" Jieun was about to stand up and go when Yoseob held her hand.

Jieun sits again and clears at the uncomfortable silence.

"No...um.. I'm sorry." Yoseob stuttered. Not noticing that he hadn't let go of Jieun's hand.

"I want to read what you're reading too." He says and Jieun smiles, "Oh. Why didn't you just say so. We could read it together then." Jieun opens the book where she left.

"It's really interesting." Jieun trails off and reads, very focused on reading that she didn't notice Yoseob was grinning the whole time.

Not meeting for two days, this is really worth it. Yoseob reads too before Jieun starts noticing.