Day 3.5

101 Days With You

It's just a call. What am I nervous over about? Just press the call button, idiot.

Jieun holds her phone while walking back and forth in her apartment.

She stops, stares at her phone and presses the call the button.

"Hello?" The person on the other line says.

Jieun clears .

"Mom?" Jieun nervously calls out.

"Oh, Jieun. Sorry about not telling you earlier but we change the flight to get to Korea as soon as possible." Jieun's mother says, clearly the tone Jieun was expecting her mom would be using, wasn't evident at all.

"It's alright, mom. I know how you miss being here." Jieun finally relaxes in the call and clears once again.

"You've been clearing your throat. I can hear it. What is it?" Her mother's tone proves that she knows Jieun is going to ask for something.

"Well... Since you came back, I've been thinking of going there. It's probably nice if we could all be together first." Jieun took the bravery and told her mother.

Jieun was worried after receiving the text. Just as she was going to rest after Yoseob walked her to her apartment, her mother texted her saying they've arrived.

Jieun thinks it's not yet the time to have a dinner or even meet Yoseob under these situation, specially when she's not use to Yoseob being her pretend boyfriend.

"What are you saying, Jieun? You want us to meet your boyfriend that bad?" Her mother's laugh, surprisingly, she's happy.

"No, mom, that's not what I-" Jieun was cut off by her mother. Her mom is slow at times.

"Silly girl. Well, I guess being single since you were a teenager made you change. You don't even want to meet me and your father for a day, first." Her mother chuckles.

"I've been waiting for you to fall in love, Jieun. It's not like I want you to force yourself to go out with someone." Jieun can feel her mother's honesty through the phone.

She remembers her mother and smiles. "Do you want to meet him that much? I know that you know what I was talking about earlier." Jieun laughs and so does her mother.

"You got me. I'll tell your father to pick the greatest wine available at the house. Make sure to tell him to not be so nervous. And please, Jieun. Don't tell him to wear a suit." Her mom laughs and bids her goodbye as they end up the phone call.

It didn't go as planned. But it seems like mother is happy. Jieun smiles and dials Yoseob's number.

Her worries of calling Yoseob was thrown out of the window. Only regret is inevitable.

Soon, Yoseob's standing outside of her apartment, waiting for Jieun to get down.

As much as Yoseob wants to pick her up on her doorstep, Jieun refused, said it was too much of a hassle.

Yoseob checks his phone for the time and notices it's been 5 minutes already.

"I think it's a habit of ours to be late." Yoseob laughs a little.

He was ready to send a text to Jieun when he notices a pair of feet, wearing black flat shoes.

"Oh you're he-" As he looks at the person, who he thought was Jieun, Yoseob became uncomfortable because of the woman's gaze.

"Haven't I seen you before?" Yoseob can clearly smell the alcohol as the woman speaks, but the way she's talking, it seems she's sober enough.

"Sorry? Should I know you?" Yoseob asked as he look pass the woman's shoulder, he could see Jieun.

"I remember you. You're that guy who broke my best friend's heart." The woman was sober enough to kick Yoseob on his crotch.

Yoseob grunted, his feet couldn't support, the strength of the kick was too much and he kneeled on the floor.

As Jieun pushes the door open, she notices a blue car and two people by it, one standing while the other one was on the ground.

"Aish. Where is that guy? Telling me he's here already. Maybe tardiness does run in our blood." Jieun folded her arms as she stood by near the light pole.

"Those two sure are fighting quite a lot." Jieun mutters and sneaks a peek at the two people.

"That blue car awfully looks familiar." Jieun stares at the car, and tries remembering.

"Yoseob?!" Jieun shrieks as she sees Yoseob was the one on the ground.

Jieun walks over to them, gently tapping the woman's shoulder.

Jieun almost instantly covers her nose because of the strong smell of the alcohol. She didn't do it unless the woman finds her rude.

"Excuse me?" Jieun kindly ask and the woman turned her attention towards Jieun.

"New girlfriend?" The woman snickers as she looks at Yoseob, who's trying to stand up, and slaps Jieun, hard.

"Horrible monsters." The woman left. Jieun holds her reddened cheek, tears forming on the edge of her eyes.

Yoseob finally stood up, hands on his knees as he breathes.

He looks up at Jieun and saw tears. Yoseob hugs Jieun without hesitating.

"I'm sorry." Yoseob says as he hugs Jieun tighter, softly rubbing her back to calm her down.

They stay like that in the cold for another 5 minutes. Just standing, sharing warmth together.

"Oppa..." Jieun says but starts having hiccups.

"Are you alright now? Does it still hurt? I'll go buy some water. Wait for me here." Yoseob was about to run when Jieun holds his hand.

He stops in his tracks and looks back at her. "We're going to be late," She says as she lets go of Yoseob hand.

Yoseob was dumbfounded at Jieun's statement. He walks up to her and kisses her cheek that was almost swelling.

"I'm pretty sure that, that hurts like hell. It needs to heal before we go there. We don't want your mom worrying." Yoseob holds up his hand and slowly caresses Jieun's almost swollen cheek and uses his thumb to remove the remnants of the tears.

"I'll make up an excuse, so don't worry. Let's get inside, it's getting really cold here." Yoseob drops his hand and walks to his car. He opens the door for Jieun and she gets in without uttering something.

Yoseob also gets in the car but doesn't start the engine.

"Your hiccup is gone. That's better." Yoseob sighs in relief. He looks at Jieun, who to his surprise was actually asleep.

He chuckles and rests Jieun's head on the head rest.

"I figured that having that kind of job would just bring trouble to people I'd get close to. With you being like this, I won't be able to fulfill the deal." He closes his eyes, head resting on the head rest of his seat.

Jieun opens her eyes slowly. She looks at Yoseob and remembers that they had plans.

She shakes Yoseob awake and he suddenly sits up straight, startling both themselves.

"We have to go now. I texted mom already that we'd be late." Jieun hurriedly says as she puts the seatbelt on.

"Oh yeah. I forgot, sorry." Yoseob did the same thing and turns on the engine.

"Are you alright now?" Yoseob asks, slightly turning his head to look at Jieun then back on the road again.

"Yeah. Good thing my cheek is all better now and my eyes weren't that swollen." Jieun gave an obvious, nervous laugh.

"Sorry for bringing in trouble." Yoseob apologizes, sincere was evident.

"Let's talk about this matter next time." Jieun clears and so does Yoseob.

"Where?" Yoseob asks as they came to the neighborhood.

"You could just park here." Jieun says and Yoseob turns off the engine.

Jieun removes her seatbelt and opens the car door. Yoseob does the same.

"So, where-" Yoseob was about to ask where the house was when he notices Jieun already walking to the house -more like mansion- just near where they park.

Jieun stands there as she fixes her clothes and hair, while Yoseob was still in awe.

She rings the doorbell and the gate automatically opened. Yoseob was in awe than before.

I'm dating a girl who lives in a mansion.

"Miss Jieun, I see you have brought your partner." An old woman was leading their way.

"Yoseob. I want you to meet my second mom, Mrs. Park. She takes care of the house while mom and dad are away, she's been here since I was 5 and she's now part of the family." Jieun introduces Yoseob to the old woman.

Yoseob bowed 90 degrees for respect, "Nice to meet you, Mrs. Park." he smiles at her and they continue to walk.

"Jieun, did you really live here?" Yoseob whispers as they walk inside the house.

Jieun nods and whispers back, "This is why I don't want you meeting them."

Yoseob was confused but didn't ask further. He was sure Jieun would tell him later.

"Ah! my lovely daughter and her..." Jieun's mother suddenly appeared and stops as she looks at Yoseob.

For a while, Yoseob got scared of her, he bowed and when he looks at her, she smiles.

"I didn't know you'd be this handsome." Jieun's mother chuckles.

"It's nice to see you again, mom." Jieun smiles and gives her mom a peck on the cheek and hugs her.

"How's New York? Is the business good there?" Jieun ask once they pulled away from the back.

"So far so good. Your father is sill upstairs. He said he doesn't want to meet him. I'm pretty sure he's nervous about letting you go with another man." Jieun's mother whispered the last part and they both laughed.

But to Yoseob who didn't hear the last part, was scared to his wits.

"Mom, this is Yoseob. Yoseob oppa, this is my mom." Jieun introduced them both to each other.

"It's nice hearing that word come out of your mouth." Mrs. Lee says as she smiles.

"You've never called anyone 'oppa'. Just the ones we are blood related to. I'm very happy that my daughter met you." Mrs. Lee bowed a little and Yoseob felt like he should return the bow, and so he did.

"A gentleman, I see. Well I think you guys are hungry. I cook a lot of food so I guess it's alright that you were late." Mrs. Lee lead them to the dining.

"Aunty, can you please call my husband for me? Tell him we're getting dinner." Mrs. Lee requested Mrs. Park.

Yoseob and Jieun sat beside together. Yoseob pulling out a chair for Jieun and also her mother.

"Mom, don't you think you've cooked too much?" Jieun was looking at the dishes that is on the table.

"What's wrong with celebrating? We've only arrived here and to here the news that you finally have someone made me very happy." Mrs. Lee smiles.

"I want you to know that being in love is a beautiful thing. Your father and I won't be living here forever. You need someone by your side, Jieun. I hope you've found the one you'll love for the rest of your life." Mrs. Lee smiles. The sincerity of it almost brought Jieun to tears.

"I hope you'll take care of my daughter. I'll leave her to your hands." Yoseob nods and smiles.

Only regret is inevitable, indeed.