Day 3

101 Days With You

Jieun opens her eyes and looks around. She notices that she's in Suzy's room.

Jieun climbs out of the bed and realizes that she's still in her work clothes from yesterday. Realizing this, she tried hard to remember how she ended up here.

Suzy opens the door, dressed and grinning.

She opens the door wide and folds her hands, "Geez. Jieunnie? You guys are just too cute!" She squeals and hugs Jieun who was obviously startled.

"What are you talking about? and how did I get here?" Jieun's puzzled expression was clearly painted on her face.

"Yoseob oppa brought you here. He said something about you fainting from fatigue. You should really stop pushing yourself to your limit, eonnie." Suzy pulled out of the hug with a worried look plastered on her face.

"But I wasn't-" As Jieun was about to say something to oppose the idea, she remembers the kiss.

"You weren't what?" Suzy questions and Jieun just shakes her head and smiles.

"Breakfast is ready. I called Yoseob oppa to pick you up later." Suzy headed to the door and notices how Jieun wasn't budging on her position.

She grabs Jieun's hand and drags her to the kitchen.

They ate breakfast quietly and Suzy was sensing that something was definitely wrong with Jieun.

"Eonnie, are you alright? Did you had a nightmare or something?" Suzy cleaned the able and Jieun was still staring into space.

She snaps her fingers in front of Jieun and that got her friend back to reality.

"What? Did you say something?" Jeiun asks as her face got red.

"Not something in particular. But your face is turning red." Suzy giggles as she washes the dishes.

"It is? It's probably because of the weather." Jieun convinces her friend and probably herself too.

"Yeah. Probably." Suzy shrugs her shoulders and smiles.

As Suzy wipes her hands clean, a honking of a car can be heard outside.

"It's probably him. Your bag is still in the room." Suzy says as he taps Jieun's shoulder.

"Eh? Him? Why did you call him?" Jieun asks as she stands up.

Suzy now has her hands on her hips with a raised eyebrow.

"Clearly, you weren't listening, eonnie. Just please go get your bag. Please?" Suzy uses her eye smile and Jieun just nods.

While Jieun went to the room to pick her things, a knock was heard.

"Coming!" Suzy opens the door and Yoseob was standing their fidgeting.

"I knew it. Something did happen." Yoseob looks up with wide eyes.

"Just go in, oppa." She gets out of the way and lets Yoseob sit on her couch.

"She's getting her bag. Here's coffee." Suzy puts down the cup on the coffee table.

"Is she alright? I mean, she's not acting different, is she?" Yoseob scratches his nape and looks at Suzy worriedly.

"Whatever you have done. I'm pretty sure she doesn't want to get out that room yet. You guys are acting like a bunch of high schoolers when you both are over 25 years of age. Please, even me and my Minho oppa, don't act like this." Suzy folds her hands as she looks at Yoseob sternly.

"We had a deal. You have to start acting like it or the deal is off." Suzy looks at him, even more scarier than before, in Yoseob's opinion.

He nods at her and smiles.

"Don't worry. I said I'll try my best. Thanks Suzy." Yoseob smiles even though his nervousness isn't going away.

"I'm going to get her." Suzy says and walks to her room.

"Eonnie. Yoseob oppa's waiting for you outside." Suzy knocks on her door and sees Jieun bending over, looking for something.

"I can't find my keys." Jieun looks under the bed, scatters her things on Suzy's bed and puts it inside again.

"Just enter your passcode. I'll your keys for you, eonnie." Suzy says and Jieun just nods.

"Okay. Contact me as soon as possible. Thank you for letting me stay the night." Jieun gives her friend a big hug and smiles.

"Don't worry about it, eonnie." Suzy pats her back and pulls out of the hug, "he's been waiting for 15 minutes."

"Ah. Right. Thank you again." They both go out of the room and Yoseob stands up.

"Let's go?" Yoseob smiles and Jieun nods.

"I'll visit properly next time." Jieun bids her friend a goodbye.

Yoseob opens the door for her and closes it. He sighs and hopes that it'll be a good and not awkward ride.

He closes the door and starts the engine.

"Listen." Jieun and Yoseob looks at each other as they both said it at the same time. They then both turned their heads immediately.

"You go first." Yoseob insisted.

"What happened yesterday?" Jieun asks, not even hesitating a bit.

Yoseob clears his throat. "I'm really sorry for what happened yesterday. But I swear. I did not do anything wrong." He says, in a really loud manner, Jieun thought.

"Then why did I faint?" Jieun was asking herself but did notice that she said that out loud.

"Was that your first kiss?" Yoseob says in a low and more quieter voice.

"Eh? Kiss? So that really happened? I thought it was a dream." Jieun exclaims and her heart started beating faster.

"It probably wasn't. My lips just slightly touched yours, that's all. I looked at you and you fainted." Yoseob says.

He stops the car at red light and looks at Jieun. She was madly blushing. Her face is redder than yesterday and Yoseob couldn't help but chuckle.

"You're really cute at these kind of situations." Yoseob unconsciously said and he puts his hand over his mouth.

He looks over at Jieun, who was also looking at him as he said that and they both turned away.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that out loud." Yoseob was suddenly fidgeting and he started hearing the other drivers' honking their horns. He notices it was already a green light and puts his foot on the gas pedal.

"Geez. We really do act like high schoolers. More worse, this is like the ones I read on mangas and manhwas." Yoseob thinks and sighs.

Yoseob coughs and remembers that he doesn't know where Jieun lives.

"Hey. um..your address?" He stutters, not looking at her at all.

"Oh..um. just turn right a few more blocks away and you could drop me off there." Jieun too didn't bother looking at him.

What happened yesterday and the comment a few minutes ago, made Jieun a little uncomfortable and she just wants to get out of this situation.

"Yoseob..ssi." Jieun says. Yoseob almost though she was going to call him 'oppa' but he expected too much.

"My parents told me to pick them up at the airport with you. I told them that you're busy but they said if you care about me, you'd make time. I'm really-" Jieun began to fumble through her words and was cut off when Yoseob said, "I'll go."

"Thanks." Jieun's heart was beating fast once again.

Yoseob made a turn. "Where to, now?" He asks as he examines the neighborhood.

"Ah! just that building over there." Jieun points out and Yoseob nods.

He stops the car, goes out of it and was about to open the door when Jieun herself, opens it.

He pulls back his outstretched arm and pretended to fix his clothes.

"Thank you for the ride. 6pm later." Jieun bows as she turns her heels around and went inside the building.

"Ah right! Yoseob snaps his fingers and went to his car.

He opens the door of the driver's side and opens the compartment. He felt the keys on the brim of his fingertips and gets it.

Yoseob locks his car and went inside the building.

"Wait! Jieun!" He screams as the elevator door almost closes.

"Eh?" Jieun immediately holds the other door of the elevator, preventing it to stop.

Yoseob hops on the elevator. He bends down, hands on his knees, breathing rather heavily.

"Why?" Jieun didn't know what to do. She shyly pats Yoseob's back.

"You shouldn't run like that." She advices and stops patting when she noticed that he was going to stand straight.

"Keys." He says, still taking a lot of air.

"Keys? What keys?" She asks and suddenly she remembers, "My keys?"

Yoseob nods as he handed her the keys to her apartment.

"Since I'm here I might as well just walk you to your apartment." He smiles.

Jieun nods and tries to keep her cool. 

Is this the part where I invite him inside? For some water or something? Or just parting with our goodbyes? Dramas don't help at all! Jieun screams at her mind.

"While looking around, I noticed this place doesn't have too much security. It's pretty dark too. How do you go home alone? It's really dangerous." Yoseob tries to have a conversation but no response was heard.

He clears his throat and tries once more, "It won't trouble me if you just call or text me to come pick you up at work or wherever you are, you know?" Just as he ended his sentence, the elevator stops and the door opens. He looks up and realizes it isn't her floor yet.

A pack of teenagers consisting of 5 boys and 2 girls got in. Yoseob suddenly got cautious and went beside Jieun immediately.

"What floor does she live in again?" The girl with a long brown hair asks her other female friend.

"6, I think." The boy who has his hand on his pockets, and seems arrogant, in Yoseob's opinion, answered.

The girl with brown hair was going to press the button when she sees it has been pressed already.

"Don't you think she's cute?" One of the boys points at Jieun while he nudges his friend.

"Gikwang." The arrogant looking guy calls out. Yoseob, in his mind, was contemplating whether the kid is nice or not.

"Junhyung hyung." The guy named Gikwang whines and Yoseob just smirks. 

kids Yoseob thinks and averts his attention to Jieun who doesn't have her head low anymore.

"But she is really cute. Do you think that's her boyfriend?" The guy who's beside the Gikwang kid asked.

"Nah. I don't think so. Maybe a brother?" The Gikwang kid says.

Yoseob got agitated and he felt his blood boiling. He grabs Jieun's hand and intertwine their fingers.

There is no way she did not hear that. Yoseob thought as Jieun did nothing.

"Seolma." The two teenagers said and Yoseob smiles at his victory.

The guy who was silent throughout the whole elevator ride laughs loudly while the 2 girls snicker.

"That's what you get, you idiot." The guy was still laughing his off as the door opens.

"Dujun hyung. You can't laugh at me like that." Gikwang whines at the other one named Dujun and they all got out of the elevator.

The pack of teenagers went the other way, while the two headed the to the other one.

"You can let go of my hand now." Jieun says, rather coldly and Yoseob slowly remove his hands.

"You heard them, right? They were obviously checking you out." He says in a defense kind-of-like way.

"Just admit that you were furious when they thought we were siblings." Jieun enters her passcode, clearly forgetting that Yoseob just gave her, her keys.

"I was but we're dating now. You can't let people think of us like that." Yoseob lowers his head.

"Fine. I'm sorry. I won't let that happen again. Could you go now?" Jieun wasn't being cold. She really just wants to lie down on her bed. Things that happened since the car ride were just too much for her.

"Don't be sorry. I'll go now. Go take a rest and don't forget to call me, okay? Don't message me. Call me." Yoseob strictly said and although he said it seriously, he was panicking in his mind.

Maybe that was too much? I mean she really could've just call me. Why bother texting?

Jieun nods and closes the door. She jumps on her couch and buries her face to her pillow.

Call? I can't call him. That means I'll have to speak. That would just be too awkward.