Day 1

101 Days With You

"I see. So it's going well? I really hope your parents won't notice though." Suzy pouts as she wraps her arm around her boyfriend.

"I know. We're actually meeting today to discuss about the contract. You can go have fun with Minho oppa as much as you want." Jieun smirks and suzy nudges her for the naughty thoughts.

"Ah right! Minho oppa, I have tons of picture, why choose that picture to show to Yoseob-ssi?" Jieun sighs remembering what happened yesterday.

"I asked Suzy for your picture so I thought you were the one who gave it to her. Sorry." Minho, Suzy's boyfriend, apologized and Jieun just waved it off saying it's alright and that it's not his fault.

"Well, we're off to the cinema. Bye eonnie!" Suzy waves to Jieun while Minho bows and they seperated their ways.

"Guess I'll head to the bookstore near." Jieun walks to the bookstore near where they would be meeting and looks at her watch.

"15 minutes? I bet he's going to be late again and cause a scene." Jieun chuckles at her own thought and pushes the door of the bookstore open.

She looks for the aisle where literature books are.

She finds it and grabs a book from the shelf.

Reading has been a hobby of Jieun and so is singing but she prefers reading more.

15 minutes past.

another 5 minutes past.

Jieun's phone buzzed.

Jieun was startled because of the vibration on her pocket. After being immersed on the book she's reading, she forgot she was going to meet up with Yoseob today.


After receiving the message and replying to it, she puts the book back and goes to the cafe.

"Jieunnie!" Yoseob raises his hand and Jieun sees it. She waves at him and bows, apologizing for being late.

"It's alright. I made you wait yesterday anyway." Yoseob stands up and pulls the chair for Jieun, then goes back to his own chair.

"I have the contract right now but don't worry it's not really a complicated one. You could state anything you want to change." Yoseob brings out 2 contracts from his bag and gave the other one to Jieun.

"The contract states here that we'll be in a relationship until the specified date given by the client, which in this case is 3 months and 11 days." Yoseob reads the contract out loud and Jieun nods.

"It's also written here the limit of skinship allowed. is forbidden, of course. I told you that yesterday, right Jieunnie?" Jieun nods again reading the contract ahead of Yoseob.

"But we're allowed to hug, kiss and do other couple stuff, right? So this is like an innocent relationship?" Jieun questions and looks at Yoseob who nods.

"Right. Innocent relationship. Therefore cheating is also forbidden but going on dates that I only allow you to go will be allowed."

"Does that mean I have to go ask for your permission to go on a date with someone else?" Jieun lifts her head and he notices the puzzled expression.

"Yeah, why? Is there a problem?" Yoseob ask, scratching his head a little.

"Not really. But why would you write something like this in the contract? We're in a relationship so it's clear we can't cheat." Jieun asks, clearly confused.

"Well, you see, this happens a lot in my previous clients. We as a pretend boyfriend have the right to be mad at our clients when going out with someone else. The friends or family of the client might see them with another person therefore we can't be blamed for that but our client will get angry at us for "allowing" them to see someone else, since that was not stated in the contract, we can't say anything about it." Yoseob says in detail and Jieun nods, looking back at the contract.

"Since payment has been exchange. In your case, Suzy, who paid, cannot ask or request a refund. Once day 1 of the relationship begins, no refunds are allowed."

"So, there's only one thing I want to ask." Jieun looks up, "Where exactly in the contract could I change?"

"Skinship limits. You have the right to not include kissing. Or state that you don't want any PDA. If you want events, we, my agency, could arrange one for you. Since Suzy paid full amount, every service we offer is okay to do unless you don't want it."

"Oh. I guess that's clear. I think I'm okay with the contract. Considering that I want this to feel like a real relationship, I won't change anything." Jieun nods and smiles signing the contract already.

"I forgot something. It's written in the contract and I'm sure you've read it but just to be clear. Clients are not allowed to fall in love with their pretend partner. If they ever do, the contract will be terminated even if the client says no. Everything will go on like nothing happened. You should stay away from the agency and can only go back after 15 years." Yoseob says as he puts the contract back on his bag.

"Wow. I never would have thought that this job would be this serious. Just reading the contract, it feels like it was made well to not ruin you guys, who work there and only help the clients in need." Jieun also puts the contract inside her bag.

"Yeah. It's like that." Yoseob smiles meekly.

"What if you guys fell in love with the client instead? What then?" Jieun asks in curiosity.

"We're allowed to quit the job whenever we want." Yoseob answers and stands up.

"Let's go eat lunch. I know a good place." Yoseob takes Jieun's hand.

"Careful m'lady." Yoseob sweetly says and Jieun blushes.

Yoseob opens the door for her. He intertwines his fingers  around Jieun's and turn to look at her. "This is nice, right?"

Yoseob notices how Jieun wasn't responding and saw how her cheeks are red as roses. He giggles at the sight.

"It shows on your whole face how you're a clear ." Yoseob laughs and gets a kick on the back of his knee.

He grunts and tries to follow Jieun as she runs.

"Wait up!" Yoseob finally returned to his composure and runs to Jieun's side, immediately holding her warm hands again.

"You don't kick your boyfriend like that." He pouts and Jieun only 'hmph' at him.

"I'm pretty sure boyfriends don't say stuff like that to their girlfriends." She retorted back and Yoseob smiles at her response.

"How would you know? You haven't gone out with anyone yet." Yoseob continues on his playful joke that he doesn't see the hurt in Jieun's eyes.

Jieun slowly removes Yoseob's hand on hers. "Where are we going to eat? If it's still far, let's go take the bus."

Yoseob now sees how Jieun is acting a bit different and that maybe his joke was a little too much.

"I brought my car this time. I park it a few blocks away." Yoseob says with a little energy on his voice.

Jieun only nods and they walk in silence.