Q&A

Grim Reaper

“Does everyone come here after they die?” Seokjin asked Namjoon as he laid on his back, one arm under his head, staring up at the sky.

“I guess you could say that.” Namjoon offered from where he sat, watching Seokjin, arms and legs both crossed.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, it's yes and no. Everyone has some place to go after they die. They don’t all come here specifically. This, is where you’re deciding where to go.”

“I see.” He paused. “How long does it normally take for someone to decide where they want to go?”

“Depends on the person. It could take a minute to decide or it could take a year. By human standards anyway.” He waved in dismissal.

Seokjin waited a moment before asking, “Will I be alone? When I go?” He looked over at Namjoon.

“That’s a difficult question to answer, Seokjin. I don’t know.”

“Oh.” He turned his head back up towards the sky.

A few moments of silence go by before Namjoon speaks up.

“Do you like cherry blossoms, Seokjin?”

Seokjin turned his head towards Namjoon with a bright smile on his lips.

“I love cherry blossoms! Cherry trees are going to be the theme for the school festival this year.”

Namjoon uncrossed his legs and leaned forward.

“Have you ever been to the Cherry Blossom Festival in Yeouido?”

“I have.” Seokjin smiled fondly. “It was beautiful. Especially with all the flowers floating across the river. Breathtaking.”

Namjoon takes note that there are flowers falling around Seokjin as he speaks about them. He decides he should tell him.

“Have you noticed any cherry blossoms while you’ve been here?”

“Hmm? Here? No. Everything here is all light.” He gestures around the room and looks over at Namjoon again.

“Why?”

“It’s hard to say really. I noticed a while ago that some flowers fall every so often when you get really emotional. I don’t know if it has something to do with some type of trauma you may have suffered as a child around cherry trees or if you just really like them that much.” Namjoon laughed lightly.

“That’s kind of…bizarre. But I really do like them.”

“Maybe that’s where you need to go then. Some place where there are a lot of cherry trees.” Namjoon suggested offhandedly.

“Great, I’m going to spend eternity in an orchard.”

Namjoon laughed.

“You can be anywhere you want to be, Seokjin. If an orchard is where you want to go, then so be it. Maybe you’ll end up as a sprite or a fairy.”

Seokjin sat up at that.

“That can really happen?” His eyes were wide.

“What? You thought it was myth? The Fae are everywhere.” Namjoon smiled.

“Just when I thought this couldn’t get any crazier.” Seokjin rubbed his face with both hands.

--


A/N: Super short, dialogue filled update. But I figured I let you all wait long enough. I literally just wrote this in 30 minutes so it may have some errors here and there. I hope you enjoy.