It'll Be Okay

Grim Reaper

“Students, this isn’t easy to say and some of you already know. Kim Seokjin, your student body president, was struck by a stationary vehicle that was involved in an accident with a drunk driver yesterday evening. The paramedics were called immediately but it is my deepest regret to inform you that our Seokjin passed away at the scene.”

Cries were heard throughout the auditorium as the principal paused to take a breath. He couldn't believe he was making this speech, He looked over at Yoongi who was sitting next to him on the council, hands in his lap and head cast down. It was the president of the student council that would take over if the student body president could not fulfill their duties. As Seokjin had been both council and body president, the burden would now go to Yoongi, who had been vice president of the student council. The principal couldn’t help but feel for the boy as he suddenly gained these new responsibilities, and knowing he was the last person from their school to see Seokjin alive and well didn’t make things any easier. It had to be difficult for him.

All at once the initial shock faded and the room became overwhelmed with people asking questions, some crying out of grief, others screaming that it wasn’t true. Quite suddenly there wasn’t a dry eye in the building.

“I know this is a very difficult time. I’m absolutely certain every one of you knew or had talked to Seokjin while he attended this school. He not only impacted each of you in some way, but he helped most of the staff here understand our students better as president and a representative of his peers.”

The principal went on and on about how Seokjin would be missed and he really would be. He actually had had that much influence on the school in his three years attending it. He took his positions as president very serious.

After a while and many tears later, the auditorium was dismissed and most everyone went home. It was the first time a student had died while currently attending the school. Students were devistated because they had all lost someone they genuinely looked up to. The staff couldn’t deal with the death of a beloved student. It was all too much. Too personal.

But life had to go on eventually.

--

When Seokjin opened his eyes, everything was too bright. He covered his face for a moment to adjust to the light before he tried to look up again. When his eyes cleared, he noted that he still felt warm and very light, almost like he was floating.

When he looked around, he noticed there weren’t any walls but in every direction there was some kind of blinding light keeping him from seeing what was beyond a few feet in front of him. He slowly began to stand up only to fall to his knees as a sharp pain ripped throughout his head and down to his chest. He squeezed his eyes shut hoping it would dull some of the pain and block out the light, but it didn’t work.

He was panting, choking, suffocating and he was terrified. He tried to scream but no sound came out until a hand was placed on his shoulder and he fell forward onto his stomach in fear. He turned as quickly as he could with the pain still building in his head and his breathing still labored. His eyes snapped open and suddenly, everything seemed a lot darker as a black mass moved into his line of vision, blocking out any and all light.

Again, Seokjin’s eyes began to close on their own without him trying. The last thing he saw was a shadowy figure bend down near his face before a deep, smooth voice whispered, “It’ll be okay. I promise.”

 


A/N: Tell me what you think. Sorry I killed Jin :(