Cherry Blossoms

Grim Reaper

Warning: Before you start please know there is a death mention. Nothing graphic but it is mentioned.

 


 

Kim Seokjin was the student body president, student council president, captain of the drama club, and voted both most likely to succeed and most attractive in high school. He had copious amounts of friends and admirers. Pretty much everyone - students, parents, teachers, even strangers - loved him. There wasn’t a single student in the school that hadn’t at least heard of him. He had the perfect cliché high school experience.

That is why Kim Seokjin, at the age of 18, had over two hundred people attend his funeral. In his young life he had impacted so many people it was almost unfathomable. He had been an amazing friend, son, mentor, and role model. His parents sat in the front row, his mother staring at the floor, face void of any sign of emotion. Her tears had long since dried. His father stared at the wall behind Seokjin’s casket, not able to look directly at it for fear that the reality of the situation would sink in.

--

It had been a nice spring evening when Seokjin left the school campus. He and the vice president of the student council, a quiet boy named Min Yoongi, had stayed behind to go over plans for the annual spring festival that was to take place the following week. They had met at least three times a week for the past month. This year’s festival was going to be special. Seokjin was the one that came up with the theme for the event. It dealt with cherry blossoms. It really didn’t have a specific topic per se. He just really loved the cherry trees that blossomed in April as he walked home every day. For about two weeks it was the most beautiful time of year and when it was finally Seokjin’s turn to choose the theme, he jumped at the opportunity.

As Seokjin and Yoongi said their goodbyes at the school gates, Yoongi heading one direction and Seokjin the other, Seokjin couldn’t help but reflect over the ideas they’d discussed for next week. They still needed to find another volunteer to help their friend Jungkook, an underclassman, with the event fliers. They needed to hang said fliers and come up with a floor plan for all the different stations they were planning to open. They also needed to put the finishing touches on this year’s sculpture. It was a school tradition of sorts that the art club would create a sculpture based on the main theme of the festival. Last year the theme had been centered around Chinese style dragons so the art club created a grand dragon to stand watch over the courtyard. This year, they were working on what else but a cherry tree. Seokjin really wanted to be a part of the painting process so once it was sculpted he was to come help. He was extremely excited about it but it was just another thing to add to his list of duties for the week.

He was so lost in his thoughts, he never heard the man across the street yelling at him to step back on the curb. He didn’t hear the squealing of tires as a car somewhere to his left stomped on their brakes. He also didn’t hear the sound of his head hitting the pavement. The last thing Seokjin did hear before he lost consciousness was the continuous beeping of a car horn somewhere off in the distance, but it soon faded to nothing but a constant ringing. He started feeling extremely warm and light, almost like he was relaxing in a soothing bath right before bed. Then everything became black and he felt his eyes begin to close by their own will.

 


 

A/N: First let me apologize for not uploading this when I said I would. Secondly, I'm sorry this is so short. It isn't actually what I had originally planned out but I figured I might as well post something since you guys have been waiting for so long. I had quite a bit more of the story almost ready to post but I changed the entire plot last minute and deleted everything. //sighs

But I have to thank all of you who subscribed before I even posted this first chapter! I can't believe nine words got so much attention (ノ・ェ・)ノ

I'm hoping I can get more posted soon but unfortunately I can't make any promises. I hope you guys like it! And please tell me what you think. I know some bits can sound a little awkward as this isn't beta'd and I wrote it in 30 minutes, but I think it's a good start.