More Confusion

Grim Reaper

Seokjin could feel the tears in his eyes beginning to well over. Namjoon kneeled down beside him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

“What am I going to do?” Seokjin whispered as he continued to cry.

“I’ll help you figure that out.” Namjoon spoke in a low tone as to comfort the other.

“But how?” Seokjin whined. “I don’t even know if I believe you. This all sounds so ridiculous.” He pulled his knees up to his chest and buried his face in his arms.

“I told you. I’m here to help you move on. I guess you could say I have to help you find that one place that will make you happy. But for eternity not just the weekend.” Namjoon cracked a small smile at his joke but it went unnoticed as Seokjin’s face remained buried in his arms.

“That doesn’t even make sense.” Namjoon heard Seokjin sniffle a bit. “Wait, that means you’re like a reaper or something!” Seokjin looked up and pointed an accusing finger towards Namjoon who only sighed in return.

“Don’t make it sound like it’s something terrible.” Namjoon pouted slightly, removing his hand from Seokjin's shoulder.

“Is it not? You take people’s souls! What if I could have been saved?” Seokjin began to move away from Namjoon again but was met with that solid blockade once more.

“It’s not like I actually killed you.” Namjoon threw his hands up, voice rising in volume.

“But you took my soul! They could have saved me!” Seokjin was beginning to become hysterical and Namjoon could see it coming. He rolled his eyes. Seokjin shivered.

“There was nothing they could do. I told you. They tried to revive you! I don’t just swoop down and take people’s souls when I feel bored. I have an actual objective here.”

Seokjin was hiding his face in his arms again and Namjoon carefully moved closer to talk a bit more calmly.

“Look,” he began hesitantly, “I know you’re scared. I understand that you’re confused.”

Seokjin began mumbling about how the paramedics could have saved him.

“Anyway!” Namjoon spoke over him, “I understand that you might be confused but that’s exactly why I am here. You don’t need to be scared while I’m here. You don’t need to be confused while I’m here. You don’t have to be alone, Seokjin. I am here to help you.” Namjoon was watching the other for some type of reaction. There was nothing.

Namjoon smiled sadly before he stood and turned to walk off. Seokjin didn’t hear footsteps but he knew Namjoon wasn’t there next to him anymore. He looked up and for the first time he noticed a bit of what Namjoon looked like. He wasn’t wearing the stereotypical black cloak or carrying a scythe like reapers do in movies. The only thing Seokjin could think of to compare Namjoon to was a Death Eater from Harry Potter. Whatever it was he was wearing flowed around him sort of like cloth under water. It was odd but then again, everything was beginning to become odd for Seokjin.

He sighed and let his head fall back to rest against the “wall” behind him. He still didn’t know what it was but he was certain light wasn’t solid and this thing here was bright and could not be moved. So...solid. Yet another thing to add to his confusion. Seokjin closed his eyes and when he opened them again a moment later, Namjoon was gone.

 


A/N: Can I just point out how much I absolutely hate this chapter? But I couldn't come up with anything better :( I have the ending typed out but I feel like this will have at least two more parts before the end. I don't know what I'm going to do. Tell me what you guys think. I'm so sorry this is such an awful update.