4. Get to Know Them...Not.

The Harsh, Unfair Life of an SM Trainee! (According to Byun Baekhyun)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


The cucumber's green skin VS my kitchen knife. The fight of the century.

 

Did I ever mention the fact that I was as talented at cutting vegetables as I was at speaking Bengali? No? Now you know it. The piece of vegetable was watching me, laughing at me, scaring me. I had to touch it although I knew my skin would itch after. My perfect skinny body would swell and I'll look like an Asian balloon fish… A y one though. 

 

One solution to escape this torture... was to hurt myself. But then again, I was scared of blood —I know what you are thinking, I'm scared of so many things. You know what? I don’t care about your opinion, you stupid reader who doesn’t even want to help that pitiful Baekhyun of yours. Fake fan, I swear. *Pouts*

 

 "Have you finished yet?" 
"Al...most."

 

I closed my eyes and began to hit the wood with the knife blade, hoping I would cut the cucumber at the same time. Immediately a hand grabbed my weapon and took it away from me. "You're dangerously stupid Bacon! You can't even cut a cucumber properly!" Shrimp was fuming, and the way he was holding the knife made me jump backwards. I tripped on my own foot and fell flat on my onto the ground, just where a Lego toy belonging to Luhan —I saw him play with it yesterday— was laying innocently. The plastic toy seemed to have printed its shape on my cheeks and it was so painful that I didn't even have the strength to scream. I felt tears gather on the corners of my eyes.

 

The toy may even have penetrated my skin.  

 

"JUMPING JESUS ON A POGO STICK! IT HURTS LIKE SH*T" I swore out loud, trying to find the spirit to evacuate my frustration. Bitterly, I grabbed the plastic culprit and threw it somewhere far from the kitchen, to finally hear a big "Ouch" coming from the living room.

 

The "ouch" was deep.

 

Don't tell me...

 

I just threw it on...

 

Skyscreeper?

 

...

 

me gently with a chainsaw. I'm freaking dead meat now. 

 

"You. Just. Threw. This. On. Me?" He left his sofa and stomped to the kitchen. He found me on the ground, eyes wet from the pain I felt and unable to move. He eyed me, then the counter, then me and smirked.

 

On the counter were knives and others dangerous weapon...

 

Mum, I'm sorry. I admit, I was the one to exchange flour with plaster in the ingredients for Baekbeom Hyung's birthday cake when he turned 12.  I know it's too late but I'm about to be cut into a thousand pieces to feed the cats and dogs living in the streets, so I want to ask for forgiveness. 

 

I felt something fall on my head and immediately looked up. The plate I filled with chopped onions was now empty, and I had a new hair mask. 

 

Wait. Did he just spill my onions on me?

 

YOU SON OF AN UGLY MAGGOT WITH A FACE ONLY YOUR MOTHER COULD LOVE. 

 

"Don't mess around with me, midget. I'm worst when mad." He threatened. "And be ready for tonight's introduction session."

"W...What?" He ignored my question and left. "What does he mean?" I asked Shrimp. "What he means is..." He turned around, his butcher knife in hands "... you better cut new onions or else, I'll chop your s off."

 

A long silence followed. I could hear the guys playing some games in the living room and Shrimp was humming to our soon-to-be-released song “What is love”. The main door of the dorm suddenly cracked open and we heard a deep yawn.

“You’re back, Jongin-ah!” Leader’s voice exclaimed, making Shrimp turn his body. “Jongin-ah! You must be tired!” He was smiling and his voice was warm and calm, completely opposed to the way he speaks to me. Jongin arrived in the kitchen, drawn out from his dance practices and slumped on a chair. “Hello Kyungsoo Hyung, hello Baekhyun Hyung.”

I chocked on my spit hearing him calling me Hyung. He was the first one to respect me as a Hyung. “Hi, Jongin.” I said, waving my hand who wasn’t holding the knife, trying to socialize with the –maybe— kind Jongin.

“What are you cooking?” His tired voice asked Shrimp who was dead focused on his cooking. I just finished cutting the onions and the cucumber –I was already feeling my arm and hand itch. “Your favorite. Kimchi pasta.”

“Do you put cucumber in spaghetti?” I sincerely wondered, quite surprise to hear that. “Cucumber in pasta?” Jongin laughed and I frowned. “No, I just wanted to annoy you.” Shrimp answered boldly. If murder was legal, the knife I was holding would have fled to his face.

 

Dinner was finally finished after what seemed like for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter