3. Half of One Out of Five

The Harsh, Unfair Life of an SM Trainee! (According to Byun Baekhyun)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Rooming with EXO wasn’t exactly how I was portraying it to be. Singing had always been my dream but... staying cloistered inside the bathroom for two continuous hours, counting the small tiles that were laying on the walls, was definitely not part of the job description. I had to wait for the guys, especially the giant one, to join dreamland to go to my room. 

 

Why?

 

Because I had the willies and was chickening out.

 

Skyscreeper had told me earlier that he was looking forward to the coming night, the usual scary smirk plastered on his lips, and hearing this dubious sentence, my skin turned paler than it already was. His eyes were that of a psychopath, particularly the crazy clown “it”.

 

Yes, I have coulrophobia. (A/N: Fear of clowns)

 

If I ever saw a clown, I’d just automatically cry my eyes out as if I was watching Simba trying to wake his dead father — That scene was my childhood’s nightmare I swear. I even dreamt I had green fur growing on my skin, turning myself into an alien lion only to be stampeded over by a horde of wildebeests all wearing pink tutus.  

 

I don’t smoke weed. I promise.

 

Anyway.
 

 

Only silence answered to the almost inaudible calls I was producing. The coast seemed to be clear. I left the bathroom and met with the darkness of the corridor. Looking left and right to reassure myself that no one was there, I quickly ran to my room, bumping my smallest toe on the corner of the bed causing me to jump silently, cursing every freaking name my vocabulary could remember. Fortunately, Skyscreeper was half dead,  his leg hanging off the bed, snoring like a rusty diesel engine. I slowly climbed the ladder avoiding making the smallest sound and made myself comfortable under the sheets. Today was tiring and a good night sleep was welcoming.


 

____


 

The real first day among the alien members could have been cut into 3 periods. First, the hell-like morning. I woke up to the sound of a deep voice deviously laughing not far from my face. His annoying voice was so deep I thought I was still dreaming soundly. I felt my body raise up and instantly my eyes shot open. I was being carried away by no other than Skyscreeper.  
 
“Let me down!” I cried out, my voice slightly raspy by the fact that I just woke up not too long ago. He only laughed at my misery and carried me to the main bathroom.



 

Mum, he was going to me first thing in the morning!



Taeyeon Noona, I’m sorry. I promised to only give my body to you, but I have failed you. Please forgive me.



He brought me inside the bathroom and immediately threw my body inside the big bathtub, full of ing cold water. And the fact that my eyes were beginning to sting proved that it wasn’t only water. “Time to wake up, midget.” He mocked me and burst into hysterical laughter. I blinked, endlessly, shocked, outraged, furious, offended, hurt. Was he just human to begin with? He didn’t know me, I didn’t know him. It was as if I was back in middle school when the bad boys used to bully me in the bathroom. It was the worst period of my life and if I could go back time, I’d just change school and start over in a new city.


“Why?” I just muttered, feeling myself overwhelmed by a sadness I thought I would not feel again. He just smirked and left the bathroom, laughing. I stayed in the water processing what happened.
 


My life . I knew that the trainee life would be hard and stressful, but I didn't expect it to be this hard and stressful.

 


With a shaky sigh, I left the bathroom drenched from neck-down and met with the maknae in the corridor, brushing his teeth. He tried to communicate with me but his lisp plus the toothpaste in his mouth only resulted in turning his words into some Maya prayers. I ignored him and went in my room, locking it. I immediately took off my clothes and let my body fall onto the demon’s mattress.

  
“We’re leaving for the studio in twenty minutes! Be all ready!” I heard Suho’s voice echo.

Just perfect, I had to get ready in twenty minutes which meant, no long shower to relax and clear my head from the negative and murderous thoughts that invaded my mind. And it was only the morning, 8am to be exact. The rest of the day clearly wasn't any better than this.

 

Second period of the day, Noon.

 

11:30 a.m, after a whole three and a half hours of meeting with the heads of SM entertainment boringly explaining the concept of the new band I was now an official member in, I found myself in front of a mic. A paper containing musical notes was in my hand, waiting to be sung out loud. I was being stared at by dozens of producers, ready to kill my already wavering confidence with their critics. Even Mr. Lee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter