7. Genie

The Harsh, Unfair Life of an SM Trainee! (According to Byun Baekhyun)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten hours, thirty six minutes and twelve seconds precisely after we successfully finished recording the song, the manager decided to invite us to eat somewhere near Gangnam Station, on that busy night. I haven't had Korean barbecue in forever and the smell emanating from the different restaurants we passed in front of was titling my stomach. The very idea of hearing the typical sizzling of the meat on the hot grill made me my lips in delight.

 

"So Baekhyunie, how are you adapting to your new idol life so far?"

 

"Tiringly." I simply answered Manager Hyung while yawning for the umpteenth time of the long, endless day. "I couldn't get a good night sleep." 

 

It was true. Thanks to one monster. He-who-must-not-be-name was honestly preventing me, Byun Baekhyun, proudly awarded ‘most assiduous sleeper’ in Kindergarten, from sleeping; And sleeping time may be the most important one —After eating of course.

 

"You'll get use to it. Joonmyun was also complaining a lot about lacking sleep but after seven years here, his sleeping habits made a U-turn. Now he can sleep five hours and feel like he had the best night ever."

"Seven years?"

"He had to follow a hard training to have the role of leader, which included language classes, dance training, vocal exercises and so on." 

"But—"

 

—He can't even dance... 

 

I couldn’t comment that out loud for our dearest leader was slowly walking next to me, listening to the conversation and nodding to the memories of his harsh trainee life. I happened to see him "dancing" once, when he assumed nobody was in the dorm when actually I was left out sleeping in the room —yeol, that d*ckless piece of sh*t, had drugged me with some sleeping pills to make me miss my favorite drama's latest episode. The big screen TV was on, playing Good Girl, Bad Girl by Miss A. I could remember the scene as if it happened yesterday. He was laying on the comfortable carpet trying to mimic the girls' gymnastic moves. I almost burst out laughing when he attempt doing a split and ended in pain, his jean ripped in between his legs.

 

And for your information, he wasn't even wearing anything underneath. Poor Joonmyun Junior.

 

I chuckled recalling the scene. "What's funny?" Joonmyun asked oblivious to my deepest evil memories of him. "Sorry, I just.. remembered something." I calmed myself and a sudden scream startled me. A girl was pointing at us, hiding her face behind a Girls Generation's fan.

 

Peuh-lease, girl, how can you make us, real fan, believe that you're a real Sone when you dare to show yourself with a self-made fan? I have all the official fans, including the Japanese one. And… What’s with the debut picture? That is so old fashion. "Are you... SM trainees?" She asked us already getting her smartphone ready to snap pictures of our handsomeness. "Do you know... us?" Shrimp asked back, his eyes bigger than usual. We didn't even debut and we already have fans? 

 

"Chanyeol, can I take a picture with you?"

 

Everybody stared at him in shock. "How...how'd you know my name?" He himself was surprised by the girl's question. "You... you were in Genie's MV. Many Sones know you."

 

He's already popular. Tss, if only they could see his spotty face without BB Cream, his true evil self or his Barbie underwear…

 

Wait.

 

WHAT?

 

Did I miss something?!

 

Did she just say... Genie MV?

 

Park Yeol.

 

IN MY LOVELY GIRLS' MV?

 

You got me here. Halloween is way passed guys, and April Fools is still a long way far from now. Stop trying to make my blood pressure explode.  

 

"Ah... yeah. I didn't imagine people would recognize me..." he took a picture with the girl as if it was the most natural thing in the world while I was still dealing with my state of shock. If my face was like of an anime character, I swear my eyes would be white as snow for I was truly, extremely, utterly flabbergasted. Immediately I took out my phone and checked the video on YouTube to make sure my hearing was still impeccable.

 

And then a strangely familiar face appeared in the first few seconds.

 

Holy mother freaking .

 

God, don't tell me the "cute" (quotation please

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter