6. Behind a mic, they look different.

The Harsh, Unfair Life of an SM Trainee! (According to Byun Baekhyun)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight... One, two, three... Oh Sehun, you're one beat late, please focus on the sound of the music! One more time. One, two, three, four..."

 

I yawned wide enough to swallow a herd of wolves and watched lifelessly the maknae being scolded by the choreographer while wondering why I wasn’t peacefully sleeping with my Pororo cuddly toy in my comfortable bed.

 

Oh, yes. Idol.

 

I was now a soon-to-be Idol and I was supposed to be recording the freaking song we're going to release five days from now but here I was, sitting in a corner of a freshly waxed wooden floor waiting for my manager to be back. Completely wasted,  it seemed that Shrimp fell asleep on the cold floor of the kitchen and as a result caught a slight cold which sent him immediately to the hospital to be treated. He tried to reach the first high note and failed miserably. I couldn't even contain my laugh.

 

Evil? Me? Never.

 

But as he was being cured by y nurses, I was bored to death. And guess what? Skyscreeper was sitting not too far from me, half sleeping, half repeating his lyrics. He's waiting for a certain Kris to come to record their rap performance for I-don't-even-remember-who's teaser.

 

Let's be honest with each other, 23 teasers for our debut, wasn't it too much?

 

When Sehun's dance was getting too... uninteresting —Which it was from the start in fact— I couldn't help but secretly glance at Skyscreeper, immediately remembering his words from yesterday. He said he wasn't gay.

 

And for some reason, I couldn't believe it at all.

 

Just the panicked look on his ugly face when I was dancing screamed gay. A normally straight individual wouldn't react to a same- person's dance that way. I know I'm usually more fabulous than the average but that was quite hurting my pride. My manly pride. But at the same time, it showed that I was so fabulously marvelous that even a guy fell for my beauty.

 

What happened yesterday? Well, I couldn't remember every single detail of the night. I drank four whole bottles of soju, answering some stupid dares and truths from the guys, which by the way I didn't have a single memory for it wasn’t of my interest. BUT... One thing couldn't leave my brain: The mad look on his eyes and the rude tone he used when he fled to his room.

 

Why? Because I was fearing the aftereffects of his unexplained madness. 

 

And I was so discerning because… he indeed was mad. Really, really mad. Let’s go back in time, earlier this morning. I knew I was right —about the fact that Skyscreeper was mad the night before— when my body flew out of my mattress as he pushed it up with his feet, lying on his own bed— I don’t know if you can portrait the whole scene but anyway. The dizziness caused by the alcohol along with the shocking waking up almost knocked me down on the clean ground. “Wake your up, we’re going to the practice room.” He told me, already fully clothed and prepared.

 

“.”  I murmured, standing up and massaging my with my two hands. —Damn, it was so freaking hurtful. But before I could fight and win back my pride, he kicked me sending me against the door. “What the… Are you crazy?!” I screamed, massaging my nose this time. “What have I done to you for you to torture me that way?!”

 

That question had been in my mind since I first met him and I finally had the guts to say it out loud. Congratulate me.

 

“Move your faster, I hate slowcoaches.”

 

I remember I was going to rip his hair when the door opened suddenly sending me flying to the ground, for the second time in two minutes. Pain traveled from my to my head and I shut my eyes closed, trying to ease the anger that was building in me. It was Leader, reminding us of the meeting time. I couldn’t get mad at him for he was the nicest here, even if my inner me was pushing me to let all my frustration out in a well-placed reverse heel kick .

 

And that was how my morning was. In a word, ty. Because of one monster. That giant guy, stupidly sleeping, he head banging against the mirror. “Bastard.” I mouthed, still feeling the pain in my lower body. I took time to examine his face, once again. I clearly didn’t remember it from yesterday and now that he wasn’t smirking and evilly laughing at me, he kinda looked… passable, almost nice —which I knew he wasn’t actually.

 

“Baekhyun-ssi, let’s go for rehe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter