1. Welcome to SM Entertainment!

The Harsh, Unfair Life of an SM Trainee! (According to Byun Baekhyun)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Baekhyun's POV

 

"Thank you for the ride Hyung!" I called out to my older brother who kindly took time out of his 'busy' schedule to drop me off at the one and only SM Entertainment headquarters. Not listening to whether or not Hyung responded, I picked up my bags and quietly entered the building as to not attract any unwanted attention towards me. It’s too early, WAY too early for me to have any fangirls yet. Besides, I haven’t even been assigned to a band yet or told whether or not I will solo like BoA Noona or Kangta Hyung. All I had with me was a key that the CEO gave me himself. He told me that I would have roommates and the thought alone made me sigh. One or two would be alright, but no more!

 

I headed towards the dorm then unlocked the door with my key and entered, the color draining from my face at the sight before me. Two guys were doing God-only-knows what on the beige sofa, one completely slumped over the other’s body. Fortunately, they were both fully clothed. My eyes went wide and I dropped my bags in shock, catching their attention. I didn’t want my innocence to vanish so soon. — Of course I was innocent, what did you expect? Duh.

 

“Huh…” I started, my eyes searching for an excuse but couldn’t find one.

 

Embarrassing.

 

The first meeting was simply embarrassing.

 

And before they could ask me who I was, a shoe flew right in my direction and hit me right on the forehead, ending with me falling down on my . God damn it! Who’s the freaking stick who’d dare throw a damn shoe at a newly coming roommate?!  

 

“Kyungsoo-ah, never try out baseball. You at throwing, seriously.” One of the two suddenly exclaimed, and I could detect a slight accent. Chinese? . I don’t speak Chinese. Barely a few phrases that I managed to learn in high school. Was the cohabitation going to be bilingual? Dearest God, I chose the idol path to avoid calculus, school uniforms and learning languages because I was utterly hopeless when it comes to numbers, ugly uniforms were a big no-no for my perfect fashion sense, and I absolutely, completely at speaking a foreign language — I might even say that my Korean was sometimes that of a half-dead drunkard trying to have a philosophical debate with a kid, in a word, beyond understanding (That’s two words but you know what? Screw it!) I’m going to have a Chinese roommate. Perfect. Just perfect. Don’t even expect me to learn Chinese for you, Justin —yeah, I decided to call him Justin. He seemed to be Bieber’s official asian look-alike.

 

They cracked and laughed out loud — so loud that I thought a pack of hyenas barged its way into the dorm, while a third guy arrived stomping his feet on the ground, another shoe hanging by the shoelaces on his right index finger. “You’re ing loud, I can’t even sleep in peace! You, Oh Sehun, let your Hyung go back to his dorm. You, Lu Han, stop coming here as if it were your place! I already told you that I don't want to see you both fighting for the Playstation gamepads on our day-off!”  

 

"Yes mum. But in the meantime, you know, you just killed a guest with your flying shoe." The so-called Oh Sehun pointed at me and I took it as a signal to finally introduce myself. I stood up, dusting off my newly-bought pants and was about to utter a word when a deep sigh turned me silent. "Who's he?" His harsh tone startled me quite a bit. He seemed so rude… He walked to me and even if he was slightly shorter than me, I felt awfully small. He was scarier than Fear itself. He had that look which could even turn a raven white with fear. He wasn't brawny at all — I would even say that he's so thin he reminded me of a shrimp.

 

A very scary, slightly intimidating shrimp with big bulging black eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter