Legend

Month of Maia

Legend

 

Legend - an extremely famous or notorious person

Word count - 1237

Side note: The song Taemin sang is “Red Candle” by Son Dam Bi, written by our Jonghyun (SHINee). I suggest you to listen to it while, reading.

And for a lively version of this chapter, I recommend you “I really like you” by Carly Rae Jepsen. :)

Oh, I’m giving too much spoiler~ ;)

________________________________________________________

 

Minho had never enjoyed parties. Especially, his birthday parties which were either hosted by his friends or sponsored by business partners. Mostly because they all ended in his face, starring in the morning newspaper or because he had to face the problem of many celebrities - boys and girls – throwing themselves to him. It’s not like he’s aual, really. He wasn’t the softy romantic type. He was just a normal business man who hadn’t found any love interest yet. Why couldn’t people understand him?

He knew he worried his friends, too. Since they all have their kids and partners. No, he isn’t a loner, he ensured his friends by going on dates or meeting up people arranged by his besties. But it seems that they were still unconvinced. So, he made a deal to let his group of friends to plan his birthday this year. He understands his friends’ concern as he was already turning 29 this year.

So, here he was, standing at a corner of the grand hall in which his birthday party was being held. It was clear that the party has only begun; there were only a few people here and there. Only two girls offer to drink together which Minho politely declined. He was bored until he saw Jonghyun and his gang who were the ones who planned the party, making a grand entrance. How very typical of them…

Minho smiled as he slowly approached his gang of High school.

“I was so bored, guys. Where were you?”

“Sorry, Key ran out of his hair spray, and we all had to, well…” He nodded as he chuckled. It was as usual.

“It’s okay. I’m just glad you all are here.” Minho reassured them which results in some “Come on, drop the act, Minho. We’re friends.” “Yeah, you don’t have to stay cool.” “Tonight’s all yours.”

In fact, it was. The morning news’ headline would be like the youngest son of Choi Enterprises’ held the biggest party ever. Yes, he was that awesome.

“This party is going to be epic, I promise.” Obviously, it was Jonghyun, the party animal.

“Yeah?” Actually, Minho didn’t want to sound doubtful. He just weren’t sure he’d enjoy it himself. It’s safe to say he was doubtful himself.

“Yeah!” Jonghyun encourages. “I mean, man, really, I paid a fortune to just invite the special guest singer.”

“Wait, you promised me, no idols or celebrities, remember?”

“I know, Minho but you’re not gonna regret this, I swear. At least, you won’t be disappointed.”

Minho sighed as he knew he’d lost the argument. Blame Jonghyun for being so good at persuading or his self for being a soft spot for his friends.

“Fine, fine. But no forcing me to do anything concerning her, alright?” Since he’d Jonghyun for real, he knew it’d be a girl.

“Yah, the singer’s a boy! They say he’s a legend! A true star, Minho. He’s never skipped-” And so on. Minho smiled secretly as he watched his best friend fanboy-ed about the legendary idol.

__________________________________________________________

Minho looked up out of boredom as the paid MC of his party announced the next performer. He lazily clapped his hands, not really paying attention. But then, the view he witnessed upon the stage was beyond his imagination. He’d seen many entertainers and idols out there but he was sure he hasn’t seen anyone like him. He was so stunned that he almost didn’t notice anything happening around him. It was as if Minho was trapped in a cupid’s zone, until he heard Jonghyun snickers, of course.

He recomposed himself slowly, not wanting his best friend to notice anything. It was all too difficult as Jonghyun knew him inside out. “Told ya!” That bastard Jjong! But Minho knew he couldn’t his his amusement anyway.

“Wow~” He let it out and Jonghyun only chuckled lightly, saving him from the embarrassment. He was dumbfounded, really. Minho was sure he had never seen someone so- just so – beautiful would be an understatement even- perfect. His knew his self composed speech about the singer was definite when he saw him on stage, no doubt.

Red Candle

I waited for today
You softly embraced me
You quietly held my hand
Blow out the light, woo hoo hoo

You’re too hot to hold,
like it’s gonna melt
The scent that hides
in me is gonna fly out
Tonight, oh it’s alright
Cover up because you’ll disappear
at the slightest wind
Tonight, oh it’s alright
Show me the red candle
that you hid in your arms

Red Candle

 

I’m trapped in those
eyes that look at me
If I don’t have you,
I will coldly harden
You know how I feel
I’m too afraid to get close to you

Tonight, oh it’s alright
Cover up because you’ll disappear
at the slightest wind
Tonight, oh it’s alright
Accept the red candle
that is hidden in your arms

Red Candle Red Candle
Red Candle Red Candle

 

You always leave
behind warmth and scent
You leave behind a bright
light in my dark room
Please don’t disappear

Red Candle Red Candle
Red Candle Red Candle

I waited for today
You softly embraced me
You quietly held my hand
Blow out the light, woo hoo hoo

I waited for today
Don’t disappear with the scent
Don’t burn hotly
Blow out the light, woo hoo hoo

Everything is vanished


Red Candle...

 

_________________________________________________________

“His name’s Lee Taemin, if you’re wondering.” He has never been thankful to Jonghyun. That night at the party, the angelic singer disappeared before Minho’d even got the chance to meet him. He found out the young singer had another concert after his party. Minho immediately hurried home as he was feeling dizzy. Who wouldn’t with all the longing stares the singer gave him?

That beautiful idol, the sweetheart of most noonas, was only looking at him throughout the song. Actually, Minho was wondering if it was because he’s the birthday guy. But then, Jonghyun dropped the bomb by saying no one even told the singer that this was a birthday party. And Minho’s mind went blank and got very dizzy after that. He heard the party went on but the night was a blur for him.

“Well?” Jonghyun raised his eyebrows. “Aren’t you gonna make a move or what?”

“Umm, yeah, what, uhm, how am I gonna? I mean, I can’t do it the typical way, can I? Do you think he’d like simple things? Oh, my god, he’s an idol. What if he thinks my fashion’s outdated!”

“Don’t worry, Ming. I got everything for you. Let’s get to Key’s first. He’ll tell you what to do, what to wear, everything. He also thinks Taemin likes you since he’s the one who contacted Taemin anyway.”

“Oh, really, you tell me now?”

“Sorry, I forgot, you were daydreaming, you wouldn’t have heard anyway.” Indeed, Minho secretly agreed in his head. “Oh, and he’s 22, by the way.” Fuuuuuuuucck…

“What?! Jjong, I can’t. This is… I mean, God, what if he thinks I’m an old man, hitting on him?!”

“Choi Minho, you’re hopeless...” Jonghyun said as he opened the car door for him. There was no way he could drive in his love sick state.

Minho couldn’t help but agreed to that, too, considering the fact that he was all too giddy to be true which hadn’t happened to him in like a decade. This was going to be a long ride.

__________________________________________________________

Namri’s corner: Imma so tired as I had a one day trip today. I hope people would pay more attention to this fic~ :3

The point of this chapter is that both Taemin and Minho are legends. I hope I did it right. :S