Drama

Month of Maia

Drama

 

Drama - a play; an exciting or emotional series of events

Word count - 1534

______________________________________________________

 

A play. A school play. It was supposed to be spring festival’s main play. The most important one of all. And Choi Minho is no doubt, one of the main casts. Haein High is a famous arts school and many stars were raised from there, including Minho. He has become now a well-known star among youngsters even before he’s graduated. He likes acting. Especially, in school plays. Above all, spring festival’s his favorite.

He got the main role as expected, well, like last three years. The thing is that kid!

Yes, typically, that transferred kid. That stupid little boy (he was little!) was just transferred to their school. But then, he literally got the second important role, as his rival. Since the school’s play was supposed to be a web-toon drama, it includes four main roles. He was to act as an ignorant brat of a rich kid, and that kid is to be a wallflower kind of boy. It suited the appearance of the pretty boy but now, all the noonas are busy getting all over that kid. He felt kind of flunked out somehow.

Much to his dismay, he found his best friend, holding a flowery thing, probably to give it to the new kid! Ugh, can life get any better? He felt bad for hating the boy for no apparent reason but hey, he’s been in the spotlight for so long, he’s not used to being ignored.

Speaking of which, Jonghyun really gave the flowery present to that Tae-something kid, without even greeting him!

_________________________________________________________

 

The days got worse as they practice the play. Okay, that kid can act but he’s getting frustrated as ever. He even heard some girls saying they liked the second actor better like in those dramas. See? He wasn’t being dramatic. Well, it actually kinda help him with the acting as he’s being an irritated rich brat without even trying.

Anyway, that kid! Now they’re calling him fairy prince or something. Come on, he’s the real prince here. No, he’s the king here! Eventually, Minho found out that Kim freaking Jonghyun created the name and has become the fan club president of the new kid. Plus, he’s the one who came up with the fairy name.

Speaking of the devil…

“Hey, why so grumpy…?”

“I’m not!”

“See? So grumpy~” Jonghyun sang a little. So musical as expected of a pre-debut singer.

“Jjong, I’m not in the mood today.”

“Come on, you’re never in the mood these days. What’s bugging you?” Ha, now he said it.

“What’s bugging me? You, of course!”

“Huh? What do you mean by me?”

“Let me explain to you clearly.” Minho made a dramatic expression with his body and, “You, my dear best friend, didn’t even join my fanclub but now you’re the president of that punk’s fanclub?!” Jonghyun was stunned for some seconds before bursting out a laugh.

“Seriously, Minho, that’s it? Come on, man, you’re being dramatic.”

“No, I’m not. I joined your fanclub on your birthday and even got the official ID card that has to pay money monthly, remember? It’s fine if you don’t join mine, but you’re the president?! Man, I don’t know if you’re doing this to get back at me for telling Key about your drinking habits but that’s low, even for you!”

“Minho, don’t be childish, and nooooo… do not bring that up, please~” He gave his best puppy eyes and Minho stopped arguing. There’s no point anyway. Seeing Minho pout, Jonghyun can’t help but smile at his childish best friend. Now’s about time to welcome him to the fandom.

___________________________________________________________________

 

“Minho, please, just once, okay? You guys would be seeing each other more later on, too.” Actually, this time Jonghyun was right. There’s a argument scene between the two main cast boys in the drama, probably because one girl and they’d be practicing it tomorrow. And fortunately, Jonghyun was pleading him to meet his idol. In fact, Minho needed to see that the kid’s actually a brat. He’s only seen him from afar. Minho let out a sigh and his best friend grinned a little inside, knowing Minho has gave in.

“Fine, only this once.”

“Okay.” Jonghyun almost jumped. But then, “Oh, and please give this cookie jar to him.”

“Jjong!!”

_____________________________________________________________________

 

As soon as Minho entered the room, he could sense the smell of vanilla around. Yes, the main role get their own dressing room at their school, even they’re smaller than professionals’. And there he was with a cookie jar in his hand, looking at a group of his ex-fans, surround the new actor.

“Ahem...” He was glad he got the attention fast. The girls were still unmoving, so, he gave them his famous glare and they eventually flee off quickly out of the room, his eyes following them. Satisfied, he then turned his head back to where the boy he’s been cursing the whole week.

He did not expect a real fairy. He almost took back all the insults he made to the boy in his head. But he retracted slowly in his mind to not make any mistakes. His original intention, which was to give this gorgeous boy some lessons as an evil senior, was thrown out of the window. Yep, long gone, as he stared at the warm chocolate eyes which were surprising starring back and,

“Minho hyung?” , he knows my name.

“You know me?” Again , that was lame.  Lord, kill me.

But it was worth it when the pretty angel smiled. “Yea, you’re quite famous around here.”

After he couldn’t make out the boys words and kept asking for a few times, Choi Minho knew he was doomed.

His name’s Taemin.

_______________________________________________________________

 

“5…4…3…2…1… Action!”

They were practicing again. And now, they’re practicing the scene where Taemin make a confession to the lead actress. And the next scene, Taemin has to kiss her. Choi Minho was very distracted by that fact.

“Minho? Minho? Choi Minho? Froggy? Minho!!”

“Wha-what?”

“Focus! You’re up next.” Right. After seeing the rival kissed the main actress, the heroic lead actor had to punch his rival and get the girl. The second lead was trying to make the main one realize his feelings and but how was he going to do that when he well knew his feelings? He has to punch the rival guy. That’s that. Not Taemin. Not Taemin. He’s not Taemin. He’s the rival guy. I’ve gone mad.

_______________________________________________________________

 

Fate wasn’t on his side as He lost himself when Taemin and that girl almost kissed. Minho didn’t know what drove into him but the next second, he was separating Taemin from the lead role girl. Unluckily, Taemin stumbled off and the next thing he knew, he was catching Taemin from the stage from falling off of it. He’s catching well like in those dramas slow motion, but it was only perfect in his head. Taemin did fell off the stage and now he was in front of Taemin’s hospital room, carrying some sunflowers. Huh, karma.

It took him two days of Jonghyun’s constant nagging to get himself out of his guilt. He just couldn’t face Taemin. He felt so ashamed. Okay, enough of this , man up!

Minho entered the room and the familiar vanilla smell hit his nostrils by surprise. Are hospitals supposed to smell like this? Not that he minded. Anyway, he found Taemin sitting up with a broken arm in the middle of flocks of flowers sent from the fans. Suddenly, he felt his sunflowers felt kinda insecure. Minho sits down unsurely beside the flower cocoon, so-called Taemin as the younger boys gestures him to sit down.

The guilt was eating him up again as he looked at Taemin.

“I-”

“Don’t apologize for something you haven’t done wrong.” Lee Taemin was stronger than he looks.

“But I- It was an accident. I- I thought I would catch you.” Minho confessed in shamed, lowering his head and his voice.

“Seriously, hyung, I’m fine. I- I did think you’d catch me though.” Taemin smiled inwardly as if he knows something, eyeing the flowers in Minho’s hands. “Aren’t you gonna give me those?”

“Ahh, yes, Jjong told me you’d like these.” Minho told the younger while handling the flowers which he may or may not drew smiley faces with white soft pen in the middle florets of the sunflowers.

It got even more embarrassing when Taemin said, “Wow, they look so happy, aren’t they, Minho hyung?” Boy, he was wrong, no, right, Lee Taemin is a brat, teasing him like that.

“Umm, actually Jjong’s the one who gave you those!” Minho lied, panicked.

“Oh, sure, hyung…” Still teasing, Taemin asked, “Hyung, can you hand me that flower cart?”

“This one?” The pretty boy nodded. “Here.”

“I wonder whose it’s from.. It’s from..um.. Jonghyun hyung!”

“What?!” Minho double panicked.

“I wonder why he’d send me two gifts in one day. This one looks pretty expensive. I really appreciate your smiles, Minho hyung.” Taemin said with a small wink.

Lee Taemin is a brat! And it’s going to be a long semester.

 

********