Rickshaw

Month of Maia

Rickshaw

 

Rickshaw - a light two-wheeled hooded vehicle drawn by one or more people, chiefly used in Asian countries

Word Count – 851

het!2min~ Also note that this takes place in the 30s’.

______________________________________________________________

Taeyeon glided through the mansion flawlessly, sounds of her heels drifting in the wind. People, lining up beside her, awed by her beauty. But she couldn’t care less. Only one thought was on her mind, her father’s request. The door flick opened, revealing a set of expensive sofas. Casually sitting on one of them was Jongin with a cocky smile. Taeyeon sighs remembering she had no choice.

“Take a seat, my dear. Don’t want you to tire your pretty legs.”

Taeyeon rolled her eyes as she tugged at her beautiful long gown in attempt to sit comfortably. They were silent for a while and regrets filled Taeyeon’s head. Last night’s events also invaded her mind and she smile a little. She remembered everything so clearly. She blushed, just thinking about that. It was so heavenly when the elder held her close against his chest and whisper sweet little things into her hair. His warm chest, his soothing voice, his masked face were all on Taeyeon’s mind. She knew she was love sick for a man she knows nothing about or even sees his face. But she didn’t mind. She was just glad he took interest in her.

“Taeyeon!” She didn’t realize she was daydreaming until she heard Jongin’s concern voice.

“Are you unwell? You’ve been off lately.” She couldn’t believe she was betrothed to this annoying and naive boy.

“I- I’m fine.” She tried to calm herself while drinking the tea served by the Kims’ housemaids. She couldn’t believe she was almost caught off guard. Blame Minho for being so surreal.

________________________________________________

 

Taeyeon climbed onto the rickshaw, wanting to leave the enormous mansion fast.

“M’ Lady~ m’ lady… You’re supposed to ride the jeep to your house, safely.” She wasn’t going in that expensive thing, arranged by Kim Jongin. She’d rather walked.

“Go! Please, go now!” She ordered the rickshaw boy as she tied the ribbons from her hat to her chin.

Only when they were pretty far off from the Kims, she realized the rickshaw boy who was with the very big grass hat might be tired.

“You can slow down now. I’m sorry for such a request back then.”

“No problem, ma’am. You’re very light.” Taeyeon smiled, half-blushed, remembering her secret lover. He had said this before, too. When the elder lifted her up many times before. She might as well ask about her lover’s news from the rickshaw boy, Taeyeon thought. He’d know better since he’s from the streets.

“Hey, heard any news about Choi Minho?”

“Oh, the masked hero?” She likes the sound that her lover was a hero. He’s my hero, too.

“Yeah, the one who stood up against the Japanese.”

“I heard he had flunked up the council again. No wonder he’s every girl’s dream boy.” Taeyeon scrunched her face at this. Jealousy was an understatement.

“You made him sound like he’s a play boy. Besides, I heard he has someone else already.” She lifted her head in pride as she said.

“Really?”

“What? You don’t believe me?”

“It’s not like that, ma’am. Forgive me if I’m in no place for saying this, but it was just, you seem to fantasize about this hero, too.”

“I guess so.” Taeyeon replied sadly. He was right. Their romance was more based on her fantasies. She was sure she loved the heroic elder boy but then, again, she hadn’t even seen his face.

The rickshaw boy clears his throat as he listened for the pretty girl to respond. When he heard none, he continued.

“Umm… You could always talk it out, ma’am. Since it’s likely we won’t be seeing each other again. Consider it as a service.”

Taeyeon smiled even though the boy was clearly doing this out of guilt.

“Yeah, it’s just about my fiancé. It’s all been arranged. We just left his house, you know?”

“You don’t like him.” The boy nodded as he’s agreeing to himself. “He seems pretty rich though.”

“Please… Being rich will get to nowhere. Besides, I already have a lover. If only Mi-” Taeyeon paused as she almost revealed everything. “It’s just my parents arranged the marriage without telling me. If only my lover would come and get me, but then again, I don’t want to be a burden to him.” She almost broke down but she held it. They were getting near her house, too.

“I’m sure he’d fight for you somehow.”

“I hope so.” Taeyeon’s voice was almost inaudible.

The girl slowly climbed down from the rickshaw as they were in front of her house.

“And ma’am.” The boy called out. His face was half covered by the hat. But Taeyeon couldn’t see either way since her eyes were filled with tears. “Please be hopeful. Happiness will come to you.”

Taeyeon thanked the boy before making her way quickly into her house where she could break down for real.

The boy in front of the big house lifted up his hat, only to reveal a handsome face with eyes full of hope, straight nose and plump lips, as he stared worriedly into the house.

“I will come for you, Taeyeon.”

____________________________________________________

Namri’s corner: Yea, Minho’s the rickshaw boy~ He’s at every corner to protect Taeyeon. ;)

Important note>> Minho defeated against the Japanese in this fiction. No, I don’t have any problems with Japanese or anything. It’s because Korea before independence was ruled by the Japanese. Please don’t hate me~

By the way, did you guys stream SWC4Seoul?? It was freaking awesome! I cried so much.. Lemme hug you, stream girls~ Im so tired now though.