Open

Month of Maia

Open

 

Open - allowing access, passage, or view; not closed, fastened, or restricted

Word count - 1280

______________________________________________________________

 

Minho stared at the ivory colored frame for what it seems like an eternity and let out a sigh. Who wouldn’t? His situation was inadequate. He was literally kicked out of his own room. There are many rooms in their house; however, that was not the real problem. The problem was just across the ivory door frame, a young boy. His husband to be exact. It has been like this for weeks, months even.

Minho let out another sigh as he tries to ease down his never-ceasing headache. At this rate, he’s going to age so much faster. For a while, he just sat there in their huge living room. He thought of calling someone but then he literally had no energy left in his system with all the events happened. He decided to call it a night as he set out to find a comfortable bed room around their mansion.

_______________________________________________________________

 

“Again?”

“Yes, again. What did I do wrong, Kibum?”

“Did you try giving compliments?”

“Yes. I told him his hair looked beautiful and then, he shut me out for the whole evening.”

“Hmm… hmm…”

“Key, it’s serious. Help me up. If this keeps going on, my hair’s going to be very white soon.”

“More like getting bald actually.”

“Keyyy…”

“Maybe he hates his hair. Maybe he just hates you.”

Ugh. Key has a point but he didn’t want to admit it. He had really tried hard for the younger boy. As soon as his pretty husband started to live with him, he had done everything for the younger boy. Maybe the young boy just hated him.

He’d tried playing it cool. He’s tried being really sincere but no, the pretty face wouldn’t even budge. So, he went out for help from Kibum, the master of everything. However, it was no avail till now. He was really out of tactics. He’d really pay anything for the younger to just look at him once.

“Just try to talk to him, maybe.”

He could only give a loud sigh. How was he going to talk to him when they’ve only exchanged a few words? Actually, they’ve only kinda talk in public places where they went with business partners. Never alone.

Minho, I’m going to the bathroom.

Minho, your hands are griping my shoulders too hard.

Minho, that seat’s dirty.

He groaned inwardly was he thought more of it.

___________________________________________________

 

He left Key’s house with a sore heart. Because he knew even Key’s out of ideas.

He understands what his younger husband might feel but he’s not in any better state either. Minho thought his condition’s even worse.

It all started when Choi Enterprises wanted to make another branch to reach Europe and Lees’ on the way. So, they smartly solve the problem by arranging the marriage between their youngest sons. Since they already had their grandchildren from their elder sons, either adding a boy for a boy to the family is not a problem anymore.

Lee Taemin was anything but happy. He just came back from studying abroad yet they’ve welcome him with an arranged with a boy he merely knew. Minho didn’t fail to notice it. That’s why he’s doing everything to make the younger comfortable but it was getting worse for the both of them. Taemin was really out of his reach even he’s just an arm away.

Today was no doubt, a usual day. No, he was wrong. There was something unusual about their house. When he went through the entrance of the house, he heard voices. He saw what he never expected he’d see. Lee Taemin was smiling. Beautiful was another name of his husband, he was sure. But then, he realized they weren’t alone. A dark laughter breaks through his ears. And then, some more talking. Minho was beyond furious. Lee Taemin was smiling because of some bastard.

“You! Leave!” He found himself yelling at a boy who looked younger than him. The said boy flinched a little and then left quickly giving a look at Taemin as if saying goodbye. Came to think of it, he could recall that boy’s face from their wedding day. When he looked back at Taemin, the latter had changed back into his stoic face.

He yelled indecorous words to nobody. And then at Taemin, “WHY?!!” Taemin didn’t moved.

Knowing he wouldn’t get an answer, “Just go to bed.”

“What about dinner?” Now he’s talking.

“No dinner for tonight!” He didn’t mean to yell at the younger but he can’t help it. It was hopeless as he saw Taemin ran into their room and again locked himself up.

______________________________________________________________

 

Morning came faster than he thought. He was going to make up for last night. In fact, he couldn’t even sleep last night. Guilt was eating him up as he let the younger literally starve for the night. He was making breakfast when Taemin came into the kitchen. Every day, it was like that; him, preparing food, Taemin just came in, eat and left. But today, he had to make an apology.

“I’m sorry about yesterday. I shouldn’t have done that. You can call your friend back, right?”

There was no answer.

Minho really tried, okay? It cracks up Minho’s patience again.

“Why?? Taemin, please. Tell me. Why are you doing this to me?!” His voice raises again as he speaks out of pain.

Finally, this time, thank god, Taemin speaks up.

“I was wondering just the same. Why are you trying so much for me, forcing me?”

“Forcing you?!” Minho realized there was no point in yelling each other. He let out a sigh as he calmed himself down. “Look Taemin, I don’t know if my actions deceived you or somehow embarrassed you. One thing I know is that I’m trying so much to just make you happy at least to make you feel at ease. But no, you’re just there like a stone, a very cold rock! That’s why I’m asking you. Why? Taemin... Please, tell me. Why won’t you warm up to me? I’m so concerned about your whereabouts. Why won’t you tell me? Do you really hate me that much?” His voice became desperate as he speaks each word.

Taemin looked a little stunned. But then, “I- I- Never mind!” And he was gone.

Minho sighed for the nth time when he heard the familiar click sound, coming from their bedroom. Great, now he made the younger miss two meals.

_______________________________________________________________

 

Minho, again, stared at the ivory colored frame for what it seems like an eternity. In fact, it was about an hour. It has been three hours after the so-called fight between them. He spent two hours of cooking lunch and an hour of staring the wall beside their room.

Well, it’s now or never.

He slowly knocked the door and much to his surprise, there was a response.

“Hmm?” That was Taemin if he heard right.

“Taemin, I’m sorry again. I shouldn’t have asked you so much. I- Just- don’t skip your lunch, okay? Come down and eat, please.” As much as he was angry kind of, he couldn’t let the younger unhealthy.

After a moment, he heard some shuffling inside and then, “Could you get it for me, please?” Taemin sounded vulnerable, so, he said yes.

Minho hummed quietly as he prepared lunch for his husband. He came back with a tray of delicious food in his hands. As he step in front of their room- as ironic as it sounds since he hadn’t even stepped inside for six months- looking at the familiar, he felt like crying. Because he sees the small gap between the very ivory colored door and its frame enough for him to push and enter

____________________________________________________________

 

 

Namri’s corner: I was supposed to be finishing this earlier but then, I had to write a fan letter to Minho for his movie support, “A boy in Jeju” project. I hope he gets to read mine. I mentioned Taemin! Yay! Also, I wanted to write it in Hangeul, so, yeah, lots of googling. ;) You have to donate to write one and they’ll send it to Minho. It’s fun, y’all should try it!