Nineteen

Month of Maia

Nineteen

 

Nineteen - one more than eighteen; nine more than ten; 19

Word count - 375

_________________________________________________________

He looked up to the sky which was turned into an angry red. The boy sighs as he looks around the deserted place. It was lively once. Now it was all in ashes; some places even still on fire. Taemin took a deadly grip of a hand full of ashes. His eyes were rough. He could think of nothing. He was beyond furious. How could they? This was his home. He was finally home yet it was all gone now. District 19 was now just a mere memory.

He didn’t miss his parents. He didn’t miss his siblings. He didn’t even have them to be truth. He was just an orphan boy. He just wanted to be home. He suddenly remembered something; someone to be exact. His green eyes focused on the ground; his body, shaking a little.

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No, please, god, no.

_________________________________________________________

 

Taemin finally got a hold of himself. He’s got to. He slowly closes his eyes as he focused on some place he had in mind very intensely. White lights appear from his body just like he always practiced. He arrived at his destination faster than he thought he would arrive. Practice makes perfect after all.

The boy in white looked around; searching. His eyes then stopped at a particular place. It was none other the well he used to played at. He hurried there but to his dismay, he found nothing in the well. There used to be fresh water so clear that there was no need for further disinfection periods. He looked up as something wet touches his forehead. Snow. Everything was cold and dead, Taemin realized. There was no life in the area anyway. Gone; all gone. He might be gone, too.

How could he be so stupid? The administrators would do anything to get him. They would promise him anything, of course. But one thing for sure, they won’t stay true to the promise. The 12 year old Taemin was stupid enough to do stupid things to save his hyung. Taemin smiled bitterly. He was about to transport back to the big house when a warm breeze passes him.

He paused and inhaled his home’s air and-

“Taemin?”

__________________________________________________________

Namri’s corner: It was supposed to be longer, I swear. But the longer one was sadder than this and I’m not into angst these days. Besides, with SHINee’s comeback and all; my thoughts are scattered. The longer I wrote, the more nonsense would come out.

Ps: Taemin can transport, yes. (District 19??:: Lame, I know.)