Jimin

I Need You
Jimin. 
Be by my side

Will you promise me

If I touch you I'm afraid you'll fly away or break

I'm afraid

 
"Hyung, we're still going to go to the beach right?" Jimin was shaking my shoulder, lightly slapping my cheeks to wake me up. My eyes were heavy and I tried to wake up faster to figure out what was going on. I could hear the chatter of the others making more sense as my vision focused on Jimin's face in front of me. 

"Hyung? Helloooo?" Grunting, I wiped my eyes and yawned. "What happened?"

"Jin! Are we still gonna go to the beach today?"

"Yeah..."

"Then get up and help out!"

He grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me on to my feet before dragging my towards the rest of the group. "Morning!" Everyone was getting ready to go, someone had brought a car along too. My head was still heavy, and it was hard to understand what was going on. I could feel a tug on my arm as everyone's voices faded out, the faint sound of an engine starting the last thing I heard before once again drifting asleep.

 

The soft rattle of leaves in the mid-morning wind was the first thing I could hear. There was a warmth on my face, along with a refreshing breeze. My eyes opened easily, and once adjusted I could see that I was asleep in the back of the car, the rest of the boys all sleeping peacefully with the windows down. As quietly as I could, I got out of the car and went around to the boot. I grabbed a pull over to wear as it was a little cool in the shade, and saw a video camera. Picking it up, I closed the boot and went around to one of the windows. Starting up the camera, I started recording, the memory card empty. Everyone looked so peaceful while they were asleep, there truly was nothing bothering them anymore, nothing made me happier.

But there was one thing odd, Taehyung wasn't in the car with them. Closing the camera, I set off into the greenery, looking for him. The place we had stopped at was really beautiful, all the plants were in their prime, sprouting wonderful colours against the various greens of the grass and leaves. Soon, an abandoned pool came into view, right in the middle, I could see Taehyung looking at something in his hands. From a distance, I opened the camera and began to film, managing to catch his face as I zoomed in. He was troubled, something so completely out of his character.

I wanted to stop him, change that frown, anything. I  couldn't let him be sad like this, especially now that he was safe and happy. Before I got to the edge I could hear all the others in the distance, the camera catching the way Taehyung's face lit up at the sound of them. They were quick to point me out and have me come down to join them.

"Let's play for a bit, eh?"

"Oh yeah! I wanna stretch out my legs a bit!"

Everyone broke into happy smiles, running around and poking fun at each other while I filmed. It was fun, I liked seeing everyone so happy. I liked being so happy.

We played well into the afternoon, lots of fun and yelling and dancing all around, just general enjoyment from everyone. As the afternoon air began to gain a crispiness, everyone started to calm down a little, wandering off to relax in the last hours of the afternoon.

Walking around into the nature around us, I caught a butterfly heading for a flower. Crouching down to get a good angle, I watched as it flew down. Something was strange about it, something that just wasn't quite right. As the camera filmed, a strong breeze ran over us, the butterfly suddenly taking off and disappearing from sight. An unnerving shiver ran across my skin as I looked up to see Jimin just looking at me sadly. "Jimin..."

"Hyung..." His face contorted into a choked cry as I quickly stood up, rushing to hold him. "Jimin, Jiminie... What's wrong?"

"Hyung... Where are you?"

"Jimin I'm right here."

"I can't find you anymore... Where did you go?"

Letting go of my tight hold around him, I held his shoulders to look at his face, but his eyes never met mine. They were off in the distance, looking right through me as they glossed over with his tears. "Jimin? Jimin look at me. Hyung is right here, I'm right here ok, Jimin?" Gently shaking him he seemed to snap out of it, his eyes finally looking into mine. He seemed so lost, so broken, I hated it.

"Jimin, tell me what's wrong."

A single tear fell from his eye, his face expressionless as it trickled down his cheek. By the time it had reached his chin, he broke. He just cried and cried into my shoulder, and I felt horrible. All I could do was hold him as my shirt collected his tears. Just as the sky was beginning to gain a shade of orange, Jimin stood up straight and walked away, seemingly unaffected by the fact that he was just crying his heart out.

Following closely behind him, I saw him sit down with everyone else on the edge of the pool. No one seemed to notice his puffed eyes, so I just sat down with everyone else and filmed again as we all talked about nonsense.

It seemed fine again, everyone was happy and cheery, laughing and joking around to make each other's smiles just that little bit wider. I turned around to film Jungkook behind me as he began to list different things, I wasn't really paying that much attention, just trying to enjoy the cheeriness in his voice. Looking up into the sky, only wanting to see the blues mix with the reds of the sun setting, I saw Taehyung standing up high, too close to the edge. No one noticed until I pointed it out, then everyone started to tell him to come down.

After ignoring out calls to him, he walked so close to the edge that his toes hung too far off the edge, he finally listened to us and came down. He smiled at us and grabbed Yoongi's arm, begging us to go back to the car and to start heading down to the beach.

 

To him, we had just spent an entire day playing when we could've been at the beach. Like a child, he was so eager to go see the ocean, starting to play word games with everyone to lighten the mood.

 

Cause all we needed to do was go to the beach.

Everything would sort itself out there.

We would all be fine if we can just get there,

 

Together...

 
 
 
author's notes
Soo, after such a long haitus, the Hwa Yang Yeon Hwa era has officially ended... Sorry for being gone so long... T.T

A lot of stuff has been going on and I lost the will to continue writing this, and it made me really sad because I was so determined to finish it, so after long period of time not even thinking of this, I sat down one night and wrote down exactly what I wanted to happen, and I'm feeling more inspired to write this again. I'm glad to be back again with this, and I won't make any promises on when I'll update, but let's both hope it's soon. 

Let me know what you guys think, I'd love to hear from you guys again~