Burning Carbs

Found You, Finally
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Freaking Beautiful!

From the wow-mazing vast ocean to the green fields, Jeju is the most picturesque island I have ever been to. The postcard that Top sent me once didn't do any justice. The nice air of the island was definitely refreshing, and the fact that Donghae was holding my hand as we strolled on the streets of Jeju has enough feels to last me an eternity. I mean, come on! Walking with a hot guy in the streets of Jeju? I know a few that would kill for it. Admit it, Royals!

Donghae acted as my tour guide, seeing not only he does business here and has been a few times to the island, he also said that he had some roots in here from his mother's side.

We had been walking around the island for over two hours with him spewing shizz about the island's history that I couldn't care any less. He was way more interesting than anything else. LOL. But honestly, just the way he smiles while his eyes were distant, as if recalling a wonderful memory from before, when he talks so passionately, it was enough to make me feel somewhat special that he's sharing this with me. Sappy? Sue me.

And just as I thought it couldn't get any better, Donghae finally declares were officially going on a food trip. I almost bowed at his feet!

"From the way you're salivating, I can tell you are ready to take on our Italy's cuisine for today." Donghae said teasingly, producing a linen handkerchief and wipes the drool of my chin. Omo! So embarrassing!

I blush and elbow him, "FYI, Mr. Lee, we've been walking around the island for God knows how long and you took me to museums and heritage sites, what do you expect?"

He laughs freely, and points to a 5-star restaurant. "Want to try every dish they have?"

I pout, crossing my arms, "But I suddenly crave for pizza. Do they have pizza?"

"Of course! Do you want me to buy every flavor they have?" He brushes the back of his hand on my cheek.

I look at him to see if he's kidding, but apparently, he's not. I gave him a dry laugh, "I told you I want a pizza, not the whole pizzeria. Dang, Hae. Are you that rich you don't know what to do with it anymore?"

He just rolls his eyes and we start to walk to the expensive restaurant. As soon as we step foot inside, women stop to eye him. Ughhh! Why does he have to be a chick magnet?! And man! Some of these women look old enough to be his mother! Or grandmother! Hmpf.

Donghae pulls out a chair for me and I sit, seeing the look of distaste of the women around. Ha! Beat that.

A waiter comes with the menus and I scan it. Dang! These should come with Google translate or subtitles! They really took their Italian theme seriously!

"Baby, what do you want?" Donghae asks. I put the menu down with a snort.

"I might know what I want if only I could read the dang menu, Hae. Why don't you just order for the both us?" I offer.

Donghae nods and sets down the menu, talking to the waiter in rapid Italian. And let me tell you, Donghae speaking in Italian is freakin' hot! I mean super duper hot! The waiter leaves with  a bow and Donghae turns to me, his eyebrows quirked up. I roll my eyes at him.

"Show off." I mutter, earning a light chuckle from him.

His eyes sparkle as he flashes me a smile. "I can teach you, you know?"

I shake my head and smile, "No thanks, I'm okay with English and French." Frankly, I was fine with other two languages. I have Bommie who's basically a walking Google Translator to do my international bidding.

I turn my head to the three waiters coming to our table, and my eyes almost rolled outof their sockets. On each tray were different types of pizzas: pepperoni, pesto, cheese, seafood and a whole seven others.

"Donghae, we can't eat all of this! I thought you were joking when you said you'll order every freaking flavor of pizza! Seriously, you need to see a shrink."

He just shrugs and beckons Siwon, "Join us, Siwon, for Dara's peace of mind.

Siwon nods and I swear I could smile on his lips which I know too well. Ha! It's pizza for crying out loud! Who wouldn't want it? Now that I think of it, I've never seen Siwon smile before. Maybe it's my immaturity? Neh, I'll go with that explanation. Or am I just that hilarious? I flatter myself way too much for my own good. Aish.

Donghae hands me a plate and puts a slice of one kind of pizza on it. With a smile, he offered me one. "Try this first. It's the chicken pizza."

I watch as he takes bite and chews, smiling at me encouragingly. Lifting the pizza, I take a huge bite and I feel my eyes close and my mouth water even more. You could just eat a bit of this pizza and die happily. Yeap, it's that yummy!!!

We didn't talk at the first few bites, savoring the slightly spicy chicken chunks and the cheese. After Donghae set down my second pizza-seafood, this time I turn to Siwon to attempt a conversation.

"So, Siwon, do you have a wife? A girlfriend?" I questioned. Siwon nods and wipes the corners of his mouth with a napkin.

"A girlfriend ma'am, which I plan to make my wife soon enough."

My heart lurched. Siwon is now planning to have a family of his own. In my case, I have always dreamed that when I have a family, I wanted a boy first, then a girl. That way, I wouldn't have to worry about my daughter getting hurt, seeing as her older brother will look after her. It comes to me that Siwon always work and is always on call, and that means he sees less of his soon-to-be wife. I have to ask Donghae to give the man a few days to himself so he can carry out his plan.

We resume eating, Donghae being so attentive of me, filling my glass himself, and always smiling. I see Siwon just looking back and forth between the both of us with a soft expression. Once we were full

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter