Girl On Fire. No. Not Katniss. I'm Dara Park. I'm way too cool.

Found You, Finally
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Monday.

 

Today is the day everyone around the globe hates. Well, except for people in the east because it's probably Tuesday in there, but you get my point. I don't know why they named Monday after the moon. (Yes, that's a fact. You're welcome.) I mean, the moon is beautiful. They could have just named it for Fridays or Saturdays but aniiiii, they chose the damned second day of the week where all labor starts. As you can  see, if it isn't that evident, I hate Mondays.

"Why do you have to work if you are rich, Dara? You don't even want the company!"

Good question, my little peas. Why DO I have to work? Well, I'm an heiress. As fancy as that sounds, being an heir is a tough job. You have to take care of the company, learning all you can, so when it's time for you to step up, you know how things run. It might be easy if the only thing you'll be inheriting was, say, a chain of restaurants, but I will be inheriting a chain of banks. If I don't do a good job, not only mine, but a lot of people's jobs will be at risk and the people who do business with us risk their accounts to be in jeopardy.

As for the other statement that says I didn't want appa's company, I have to say that it is true. Running and overseeing about a hundred outlets of banks is stressful. I didn't want that, but who the hell does? Spending day after day in an office answering a bunch of calls, staring at graphs and presentations....it is bound to make you run for the hills. But then, this company has been in my family for over a hundred years and I didn't want it to just fall into the hands of someone else who isn't from the direct line. Believe it or not, even if I always nag and complain about it, I actually care about the company, and I most especially didn't want to see it run by someone else.

It was meant to be a job of a Park. A job to be done by me.

"Tough day, yeobo?"

I look up to see Jang Kiyong, the Head of the IT department. Kiyong is a pest. Period. He keeps on shamelessly hitting on me that overtime you just learn to ignore him rather than bash his head repeatedly on the wall with no guilt whatsoever. He's tall, and his appearance is rather pleasing to the eyes. But all of that flies out the window when he tries one of his pickup lines on you.

Sighing, I meet his gaze. "Annyeong, Kiyong. Goodbye, Kiyong."

"Awww..come on, yeobo. That's not a way to treat your future hubby." He then stupidly grins, "Anyways, I heard that your boy toy left you?"

Frankly, I was not surprised. From the amount of pitying stares and proud smirks I received when I got in this morning, I had no doubt word had spread. "And that is a reason to be jovial because....?"

Kiyong's grin became wider as he strides in my office and seats himself on the leather upholstered chair in front of me. I put a hand on my forehead and began massaging my temple. "Wae??? Because in that way, I now have a----yahhh..wait..is that a new engagement ring?!! That's not the one that jerk gave you!!"

I stare blankly at Kiyong as he fuss over my ring. I spare a glance at it then back to his enraged face and smirked. "Neh. Wae? What now hmm?"

Kiyong's almost non-existent eyes suddenly widens. "Aish! Shincha!! I haven't even gotten the chance to..Yahhh..who is that guy??? Who?!!" He shouts hysterically.

The door swings open before I could even answer, revealing a silently furious Lee Donghae in a gray suit and tie, an impassive look visible on his face. "Me. Got a problem with that?" He answers in his smooth, nonchalant voice.

Part of me was happy that he was here, and seeing Kiyong speechless for once was just an added bonus. But also, a part of me is confused as to why he is here in my office and not at his company on the other side of the commercial plaza.

His gaze turns to me, ignoring the now stuttering Jang Kiyong, and then gives me a full blown smile that just takes your breath away. "Dee, baby!!!"

I scrunch my nose in disgust. Seriously. Baby?! I'm sure he can think of a better pet name than that. In long strides, I was now in his arms, I can smell his Hugo Boss perfume, the one I smelt on him last Friday, and before I could even react, his lips come in contact with mine.

"Oh god!! Desk ! Desk !" Uwahhh why am I suddenly hearing Bommie's voice?!!! Dang it, Bommie! You are such a GOOD influence!!

"Oh, but you so want to christen your desk." Imaginary Bommie's voice counter-reacted. Aishhhh...Bommie!! Shooo! Shooo!! Stay away from my *ehem* innocent *ehem* thoughts.

I can't move, can't breath, as I was just focusing on Hae's soft lips on mine. Mine on the other hand just moves on its accord with his, I shudder as I feel his warm hand cup my cheek. I can't believe it!! I am kissing Lee Donghae!! My friends are so gonna have a field day with this.

I run my hand through his hair, and it was more than what I have ever dreamed of. It was silky, his curls wrapping itself on my fingers. His tongue swipes on my bottom lip and I almost died in pure ecstasy. Hmm...he tastes like Cappucino. The one he always takes every morning.

At some point, we both had to come up for air. Panting, Donghae rests his forehead on mine, a big, victorious grin threatening to split his face into two. I barely noticed that Kiyong had already vacated my office, no doubt spreading the gossip. Donghae places a chaste kiss on my lips one more time before looking in my eyes. His eyes were still beautiful, only a little dilated from our steamy kiss.

"I always thought our first kiss would be at our home. Maybe before we go to sleep or when we wake up in the morning. Not in your office." Donghae's throaty voice whispers.

"You are too cheesy for your own good, Mr. Lee" I smile wryly.

He chuckles and raises a hand to tuck an escaped tendril of hair at the back of my ear. He clasps his hand in mine and pulls me to the door. I tug his hand back, "I have a meeting with a bunch of middle aged men in a couple of minutes, Donghae. I can't go with you. Mianhe." I protest, but deep inside, I was screaming for him to whisk me away from here.

He pouts ily and I wrestle the desire to kiss him again. "I'm only twenty eight, Dee. I'm not middle aged yet."

My eyebrows shots up in surprise as realization dawned unto me. "You're attending the boring meeting?"

He his head to the side in wry amusement. "There's nothing boring about the signing of the turnover of the company, Dee."

I felt my stomach drop. Ehhh?? What the?!! "Turnover? I wasn't informed my father was turning over the company. To whom?"

He gives me a proud smile, admiration was in his eyes. Now, it made me more confused than I already am. "To you, silly...but beautiful still. Now come on, all of them are already waiting for you, BABE." Then he stole another chaste kiss from me, making use of my frozen stature.

 

~~~

Usually, when someone stares at me openly, I come to them upfront and ask them what the hell was their problem. Bommie taught me that. Now, you might think I am rude, but I guess you should also know by now that I am so honest that there is practically no filter. But as I walked through the corridors hand in hand with Donghae, I barely give a damn. Stare all they want, I am too busy preparing myself for this meeting that I just knew now of the purpose.

The turnover signing.

I barely talked about this with my father, let alone all of the board members. Obviously, they have, including Mr. I-am-much-more-excited-for-you-than-yourself here beside me. What was appa thinking?!! He isn't even sixty yet!!!

We stopped by the blue door that was labeled Conference Room 1, the one used for board meetings such as this one. I straightened my navy blue shift dress and blazer, finger combed my hair, and turned to Donghae.

"I want your unbiased opinion on how do I look right now, Hae."

He just smiles and plants another kiss on my lips. Gahhhhh. I am on fire! I can't help but blush profusely. How many kisses has he given me just for this day??? Ha! Drool you Royals, but Hae's kisses are for me. Mehrong. "You look gorgeous, Dee."

I shrug, trying to keep my cool. "Hmmm. Still biased to me." I put my hand on the handle and pushed the door open before I give myself time to run away. Twenty one men, including appa, stood up and faced me, an expectant look on their slightly wrinkled faces. I have always

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter