Afternoon Trial With Judge Bom...errr...Chaerin

Found You, Finally
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"YOU. STUPID. LITTLE.....UGHHH!!"

"Ow! Yah! What the hell Bommie!" I shield myself from Bom's crumpled paper that she was throwing at me, hurling curses after curses as she did.

She threw one last ball of paper and slumped down on the chair in front of me, pouting childishly. Seriously, I don't need this right now. I was already having a hard day as it is. At this moment, Bommie, the big mass of craziness, is the last thing I needed.

"Aigooo Darayaaaa. You are so immature! Donghae was just joking. He didn't mean it I'm sure!" She shouts angrily.

My temper stepped up a notch, flashing Bom a look of my irritation. "Oh yeah? Who's the one throwing me crumpled papers just awhile ago? That is so MATURE, Bom." I snap.

"Oh well, that... But yahhh!! That's beside the point! You've been ignoring the clueless guy for two EFFIN' weeks, Dara. You should be done with your period by now, don't you think so?"

"Yah! I AM NOT ON MY DAMNED PERIOD! Yah, Bommie, don't blame it on Mother Nature. What he said stung!"

"Didn't he apologize already? Did he not send all of these flowers right here in this office? You've been smelling like roses for so long now! Come on, Dara-ah. Forgive him already." Bom says exasperatedly, gesturing to the vase after vase of roses I didn't have the heart to throw away. There were different colors: red, pink, orange and white.

Bom opened the door when someone knocked and pushed it open revealing Minzy in a pink dress, holding two bouquets of violet roses with an apologetic smile. I massage my temple as Bom freaked...shrieked.

"See? See? Do you see this Dara? These are damned violet roses! It must have cost so much!" She took the flowers and shook it in front of me. Minzy scampered away, afraid of being directed my ire at.

"Of course I see it. I am ANGRY, not BLIND! And please, we both know the guy can afford it. Don't fool yourself, Bommie." I snort.

The door suddenly bursts open revealing the rest of the gang. Ugh, just my effin' day! I groan and pull out the bottle of Advil and take two. My head is killing me!

"Whoa! Whoa!" Top shouted. "What the hell is going on here? Why am I not invited at this yelling fiasco? And why are there so many roses here?! Are we turning Dara's office into a flower shop? Are we? Are we?"

Bom growled in frustration and points a finger at me. "Dara's being an idiot! Donghae was just making a joke but she took it seriously. She's been ignoring him for a week. Poor guy has been sending flowers since last week too! But of course, our friend here is such a goddess she couldn't forgive the poor mortal."

"Yah! I am your friend, you should be taking my side! Besides, I got hurt so I have the right to ignore him. He should even consider himself lucky as I am only giving him the silent treatment. Ohhh, I so wanna lash out at him! Ughhh." I talked back. I just thanked the heavens for the soundproof walls of my father's..err..my office. Otherwise, people outside would think we're mental. Trust me, we're not. Just close enough though.

Chaerin dramatically slumped her shoulders, groaning. "I can't believe I am doing this. I just got off of work, for heaven's sake!" She then turned to Bom, Top and Seungri who was just watching the spectacle. "Pick your client."

In our circle, Chaerin was always the peacemaker, which only made sense to her when she became a judge. Whenever we argued, she would step in and make us sit, explaining to her why we were arguing. Then she would give us advice and then eventually we make up. It continued as we got older, take now for example. Our last 'trial' was when we were nineteen. Top and I were arguing about the last bag of pepero that disappeared. It turned out that Bommie was the one who ate them all, but she made good on her promise that she would buy us both a bag. What? I was starving and I didn't want to die.

I was fuming as Bommie and I stood at one side of the room with Seungri and Top on the other. Chaerin sat down on my chair and folded her hands. "Okay, so Dara-ah, may you tell us what happened last week?"

I cross my arms and tip my chin up in confidence. "Donghae said something that hurt my feelings when he took me to dinner the day the turnover was signed."

"Ah...getting cozy with the hubby, eh?" Top wiggled his eyebrows.

I scowl, a traitorous blush highlighting my cheek. "Oh come on, Top. It was just a friendly dinner. That's all."

"So, what did he say exactly?" Chaerin continued being formal.

I grimaced as I remembered what he said, "He said something along the lines of 'I need to see if the new owner is up for the challenge.'"

"And???" Seungri was waiting for me to say other things.

"That was it. It hurts me though. He was like questioning my capabilities." I defended.

Top snorts, "Woah! Gee, Dara! Was it that time of the month?"

"Yah! Why is everybody blaming this on Mother Nature?" I complain to no one in particular.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter