Escape Clause

Found You, Finally
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I sit as still as I could on my bed, back straight, and eyes downcast. I dare not look at the shocked eyes of my friends. Donghae, on the other hand, challenged their gazes. Pompous jerk, that guy is. He sat beside me calmly, his ankle on his knee and his arms crossed in front of his broad chest, very broad chest.

Donghae was the one who recounted the story for me for I was so frightened that I can barely form  a coherent sentence. Yes, they were my friends, but they can be as scary as five missed calls from your parents. I'm sure you can all relate to that.

"Sandara Park-- gosh, your name is such a mouthful for a Korean." Bom starts, shaking her head. "Is this what you want? Are you really sure about this, huh?" She then said softly.

I slowly look up to my best friend's sympathetic eyes. Worry and confusion evident on her face.

'Did I want this?', I ask myself. Am I really sure about this? Dang! My life is so messed up right now I don't know what to do with it anymore actually.

I sigh, "I don't know about things anymore, Bommie. But as of now, this 'thing' is the only thing that sounds right and appealing to me."

Seungri 'mmm'ed in approval, eyeing Donghae, a salacious smirk on his face. "Indeed! Very appealing."

Top rolls his eyes and hits Seungri on his stomach with the back of his hand. "Get your mind out of the gutter, Seungri!"

Chaerin shot the both of them an irritated look, "Can the both of you just shut up? Your friend is in deep shizz right now and you're just being insensitive."

Bom rolled her eyes at the scene, and sat on the sofa in front of me. "Dara-ah, is marrying this," she nods her head to Donghae, "guy, but is it really worth the payback? He already said it himself, there's no escape clause in this shizz. No thanks to Chaerin."

The blonde haired woman gasped and reached over to tug hard on Bom's hair. "Wait, I didn't know he had Dara in mind! Plus, I only sorted the draft, I didn't see the name."

Donghae sighed beside me, "Fine, I'll add an escape clause. But only one."

Every head in the room turns to Donghae sharply. He looked at every one of my friends and sighed again in defeat. "I can see that all of you really cares for Dee, so I'll agree to one escape clause, and only one." There he goes again calling me with his new found nickname for me. But oh, wait, what could this escape clause be? Will this really work?

I cocked my head to the side questioningly, "What about my revenge? You said I can only get it when we're already married."

"Well, if you haven't fallen in love with me in three months, I'll cancel everything. You can still have your revenge, but it won't be as grand as what I had in mind if you marry me. But if you fall in love with me," He shrugs and grins cockily, "we'll proceed with the wedding." How does that sound?"

I started to think about it. Three months? Surely, I won't fall in love with him in that little time, neh? It even took Minho six months to court me and get me to agree in a date with him!  And the good thing is, I still get my revenge in this kind of set up.

I open my mouth to agree but Donghae holds a hand to halt me. "You have to move in with me, if you agree to the addition of the escape clause."

Bworago? What?!  "Yah! What in the world made you think I'll be moving in with you? I barely know you! Plus, you're a... you're a dude!!" I shudder at the thought and my lack of explanation. Seriously, Dara? He's a what? A dude? Well, I really couldn't think for any other word  at the moment. And thinking about it, I am not ready for the boxers that will hang on the bathroom door. Or sharing a bed. Omonaaa! I don't want to share a bed with that hottie jerky Lee Donghae.

Donghae then looks pointedly at my friends, "Can we please have a moment alone?"

They all hesitated for a moment but eventually obliged. Seungri's eyes sparkles with excitement, giving me an overly exaggerated wink. Top regards the both of us carefully before ushering everyone out. Bom hugs me, "I'll trust your judgment on this, missy." She whispers.

I nod and pat her back once. She pulls away and heads out of the room. Chaerin  lingers behind a bit and looks directly at Donghae, giving him a full on Judge Chaerin patented glare. "I won't be revising your contract anymore now that I know you're using it on my best friend, Mr. Lee. I can't really charge you anything since Dara is a consenting adult, but trust me that if you'll hurt her, I'll scissor your hair to death! Or shove cabbages down your throat!"

As the door closes, I let out a shaky laugh. Typical Chaerin to threat you with cabbages and cutting your hair.

"So, how about it, Dee?" Donghae asks, an expectant look evident on his face.

"First things first, what's up with 'Dee'? My name is Sandara, my friends call me Dara...so what's with you and Dee?" This thing has really been bugging me for a while now.

"Well, Sandara  is for those who aren't close to you, Dara is for your family and friends, and Dee is exclusively for me. I don't want to share, Dee. Not even with how others will call you. And expect more terms of endearment in the future." He shrugged coolly. This jerk! Ahhhh! Just who does he think he is? He is so possessive and controlling even when I didn't agree to anything yet.

"Jerk." Yeap, that was all my brilliant mind can produce.

"So that it will be even, you can call me Hae too. That one's going to be exclusively for you . We can even have Chaerin to patent it so we can sue anyone who will copy you." Aghhhh! I give up this guy is really a jerk! He's so..so..aghhh! He's lucky he's handsome! Omo! What am I thinking! Your dignity, Dara-ah. Hold on to it, juseyo?

I groan, hitting my head lightly on the wooden bed post. "Let me get things straight. I . Don't. Want. To. Move. In. With. You."

Donghae puts his hand on the post, softening the hit of my forehead. Is he acting sweet right now?

"You have to, D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter