THIRTEEN

One Little Mermaid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hae Ra groaned and sat up trying to figure out her surroundings. "She's awake!"

What sounded like an entire country roared with excitement. Hae Ra's eyes opened to find a kingdom looking at her with glee. Not just a normal kingdom, a kingdom filled with mermaids. Wait, mermaids? "Welcome home Hae Ra! I've missed you baby sis!" A beautiful girl with a green tail approached the confused girl.

"Who are you? Why do you all have tails?" Hae Ra looked down, "Why do I have a tail?!" she shrieked.

The girl with the green tail looked down, seeming offended, "She doesn't remember," she whispered, "it's all your fault! If you didn't make her curious with that stupid potion, she would have lived a normal mermaid life!" she pointed an accusing finger at another younger girl, with a orange tail.

The orange tailed girl huffed and crossed her arms. The glare in her eyes directed at Hae Ra seemed like he was cutting her cut her in half. If looks could kill, Hae Ra would be long gone by now. "Hello? Someone explain somethi--actually, someone explain everything to me please!" Hae Ra scanned the crowd.

"Hae Ra, My name is Jimin. Your Unnie. We're your real family. Ae Cha, the one with the orange tail, made you curious when you were only seven years old and told you to visit the Wonders Cave, and you drank a potion with the letter HL printed on it. HL stands for human legs. You got legs, and lived your life above water this entire time." Jimin explained.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter