Conflicting Emotions

Love Found by Mistake… (or is it by Fate?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5

(Jonghyun’. s P.O.V)

 

It was 6 in the evening, it had been a few days since my new or should I say temporary dance instructor arrived. I have admit that he was extremely good-looking for a guy, but there was something strange about him, I have a feeling like I met him before but I just can’t remember when. It was such a pesky feeling that I can’t even get rid of.

 

“Hey, Jonghyun-ah. What do you want for dinner?” Key asked with too much enthusiasm on his voice.

 

“Will you cook for me?” I said with a smile. He smiled at me and rubbed the back part of his neck.

 

“Uh… sure?... I know how to cook but if you don’t want me to cook your food, we could just order Chinese food outside. I’m not really a good cook to begin with.” Key’s smiling lips suddenly turned into a pout. Oh… how could a guy like him look adorable?

 

“No, it would be a pleasure to taste the food you’ll make.” I felt a little amused when I saw him blush. He looks extremely cute when blushing, instead of continuing this little rendezvous that was going inside my mind, I decided to shake it off. “What will you cook?”

 

“Hmm… do you like chicken?”

 

I let out a soft chuckle. “Ah, yeah.”

 

“Just like what I thought.” He murmured without noticing that I heard what he just said.

 

 “How did you know that?” Key turned to me with confusion written all over his face. “I mean, the fans don’t even know that I like to eat chicken. No one ever asked me, so how did you find out?”

 

“Uh… I was just guessing.” He smiled at me while rubbing the back of his neck. “I mean, who wouldn’t like chicken?”

 

“Good guess then.” I smiled back at him then we shrugged off the topic about me liking chicken. I can even agree with his answer, who wouldn’t even like chicken? I, for the love of god, surely do love it.

 

Awkward silence passed by for a while until Key cleared his throat and stood up from the sofa and began to walk towards the kitchen. “I think I should start cooking now.” He said before disappearing from my sight, but after a few seconds, he came back.

 

“Can you help me cook?” he asked, surprising me a bit. But, then I nodded my head at him. Well, he’s not my house maid nor my chef to just let him all the cooking. I’m not really that kind of guy.

 

My eyes widened in shock as he grabbed my hand and pulled me to my feet. Well, I don’t think he would have been able to physically pull me to my feet so I had to help him out a little. His skinny hand wrapped into mine and it felt weird. Honestly speaking, I do not, in any other circumstance, ever held hands with guys before, although this may be an exception.

 

Once we arrived at the kitchen, he quickly let go of my hand and went over to the refrigerator, pulling vegetables and other ingredients out and into the countertop.

 

“Here you go.” He said, passing me a knife that looked really unsafe in his thin hand. “You can help me chop some vegetables while I start to boil the chicken. Another thing, cut them accordingly, araso?”

 

“You know, you’re not just mean. You’re also bossy as hell.” I joked, making him pout. But then he seemed to have shrugged it off and continued with what he was doing.

 

It was actually strange seeing someone happily cook a meal, specifically Key. So far, I had not seen anything bad with the guy’s personality, so I am starting to think that I can trust him. I mean, who would want to live with a guy who you don’t trust? That’s like pointing a gun on your head and recklessly pulling the trigger.

 

After a few cutting and a few arguments, I finished cutting all of the vegetables that Key passed to me. It was actually fun arguing with the guy, he’s like a best friend I never had. And may I remind you, he’s bossy. Very bossy.

 

“I finished cutting, what do I do now?” I asked him as I washed my hands and dried it off with a towel.

 

“Well, you can go back to the dining and maybe help setting up the table?” he said, his attention still on the pot of food. “Not being bossy, but the table wouldn’t set itself anyway.”

 

I shook my head and started walking out of the kitchen. “Yeah, right. That doesn’t sound really bossy, captain sarcasm.” I muttered under my breath just before I could completely go out of the room.

 

“Yah! I heard that!” he yelled.

 

I burst out in laughter, loudly enough for him to hear as I started to set up the table.   

  

(end of Jonghyun’s P.O.V)

 

(Key’s P.O.V)

 

I heaved a very deep sigh when I was left alone inside the apartment’s kitchen. The awkwardness in the air makes me feel like I’m going to be suffocated. It’s a relief that I had escaped before the tension even build up.

 

What is wrong with you Kim Kibum? You have a boyfriend for ing god’s sake! Stop thinking of someone else! More importantly, stop thinking about the father of your cousin’s child!

 

I just shrugged off the thoughts even though I perfectly knew that it won’t easily go away from my mind. This is the first time that I am struggling to control myself, an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter