Awkward Encounters

Love Found by Mistake… (or is it by Fate?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4

(KEY’s P.O.V)

 

“Are you really sure about this, Key?”

 

I smiled at my college friend, Sooyoung. She was one of my closest friend. It was really lucky of me that she is working in SYP Ent as a Senior Executive, I begged her if she could do me a favor put me as Jonghyun’s replacement dance instructor. It wasn’t really easy to convince her, I even had to tell her every single detail about Onew and the current situation I am in. Fortunately, she understood it.

 

I gave her a little smile. “Yeah… it’s the only thing I can do for my cousin’s child. We’re blood related and his mother left him in my care so I have to take responsibility of that child.”

 

 Sooyoung smiled back at me and patted my shoulders. “You’re really a great guy, Kim Kibum. It’s such a waste that you prefer guys better than girls, like me. When you called I even thought that you already realized you love me all these years. But, then again, I can only assume.” She confessed, even laughing at the end.

 

“Does that mean you like me?” I joked.

 

“Yeah, right. As if you didn’t know that almost half of the girls in our university likes you, Mr. oh-so-handsome-and-oh-so-cool Kim Kibum.” She grinned playfully at me.

 

“Too bad I didn’t notice that before.” I grinned back making her chuckle.

 

She shook her head as she also chuckled. “And that’s one of the things that the girls liked about you. You’re comfortable to be with, on top of that you’re friendly as hell.”

 

I just laughed at what she just said. “Let’s stop reminiscing about the past. It just makes me want to barf just hearing about it. The past is in my rearview mirror.”

 

Sooyoung laughed. “Yeah, right. Whatever.”

 

“By the way, when can I meet him?” I asked, feeling rather anxious.

 

“Excited?”

 

“Hmm… Nope. I’m just a little nervous and all that shizz.” I smiled as I shook my head.

 

She grinned. “Well, let’s meet him now. I know he doesn’t have any schedule this afternoon, ‘coz I was informed that he just finished filming his drama yesterday.”

 

“Hm. Sounds good. Let’s use my car.”

 

“Okay, oppa. Let’s go on a date.” Sooyoung said sweetly, I just laughed at her joke as we started to walk towards my car.

 

 I wish everything will go on plan. I don’t want to see Onew grow up thinking that his parents does not like him, or that his parents think of as a very big mistake.

 


I was starting to get annoyed at how Jonghyun was staring at me awkwardly from head to toe. Both Sooyoung and me arrived at the guy’s apartment just moments ago. At that short amount of time I knew him, I can feel that my plan wouldn’t really go as easily as I planned it would be. I don’t know why, but he seemed to be different than the guy they were referring him to be in tabloids and newspapers.

 

“Uh, are you through staring at me?” I asked with sarcasm dripping on my voice.

 

“Oh. Uh, I’m sorry. ” Ok. Not what I really expected his reaction to be. “It’s just that you look familiar to me. Have we met before? Or something? You just really look familiar.”

 

I shook my head. “Not that I can remember.” Well, I heard of Jonghyun from my cousin but I doubt that he knows all about me. I don’t really know if Se Kyung even mentioned me to him before or if we ever bumped with each other before. “Maybe you just saw me at one of the crowds or something. I used to visit Sooyoung at SYP before, so maybe you saw me at the lounge by chance?”

 

“Oh… Maybe I did.” He shrugged his shoulders and smiled at me before turning to Sooyoung. Okay… what did I just feel? I shook off the idea that was floating in my head, I don’t want my feelings to be involved in this plan. “Can I ask you who he is, Sooyoung-ssi?”

 

Sooyoung smiled at Jonghyun. “Well… He is your new or should I say… Temporary dance instructor. And mind you, he would be living here in your apartment just like your old instructor did. I mean just until your old instructor comes back.”

 

It’s show time, Key. Beginning of your epic plan…

 

“Hi there. I’m Kim Kibum, but you can call me Key for short.” I introduced myself with a smile.

 

He paused for a while before smiling again. “I know you already know my name, but I will still introduce myself. I’m Kim Jonghyun.”

 

“Now you know each other, I’ll leave you two alone to talk.” Sooyoung said her goodbyes before walking out of Jonghyun’s apartment and closing the door behind her.

 

After Sooyoung left, awkwardness filled the air for a while until Jonghyun finally broke the silence between the two of us. This is awkward.

 

“Well… uh, I think that I should show you the guest room now.” He said while rubbing the back of his neck looking a bit embarrassed. The reason why? I don’t even want to know.

 

“I guess so too.” He started to walk through the small, white hallway adorned by a few picture frames, I just followed behind him. “Is it your first time having someone you don’t know and is particularly a stranger stay at your house?”

 

“Umm… Not really. My old instructor, Joongmin-ahjussi used to stay here too. It’s just that I never really expected his replacement this young.”

 

I nodded. “Hmm… that explains it. But don’t worry, I don’t bite and I won’t be giving you a lot of trouble. Plus, I won’t be staying home all day, I have important things to do during the afternoon. I also do have some place to go to every week

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter