The Time Has Come

Love Found by Mistake… (or is it by Fate?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10

(KEY’s P.O.V)

 

I stopped on my tracks as I sat down behind a big tree, I clutched my chest trying to calm down my racing heart. I touched my lips unconsciously as I recalled what happened earlier, the touch of Jonghyun’s lips on mine still lingered, making me feel all tingly inside.

 

What the heck did I just do?

 

I’m going to lie myself if I say that I didn’t enjoy Jonghyun’s kiss. It was an awesome kiss. I gulped as how our tongues fought with each other flashed on my mind. It was the most intoxicating thing that I had ever experienced.

 

I closed my eyes and leaned my back on the trunk of the big tree. I didn’t imagine my plan to turn out like this. I didn’t plan on falling in love with the father of my cousin’s child. I didn’t plan on making out with him, even though I had imagined doing so, a couple of times. I didn’t plan on seeing him as my own, as someone who will make my heart skip it’s beat every time he smiles or look at me. And I didn’t ever plan having my heart be broken if he rejects me because everything that I did.

 

I sighed, the memories of what happened still lingered on my mind as if It is going to be a part of my dreams from now on. I felt my cheek turned hot when our kissed flashed on my mind, the kind of sensation that makes my heart feel warm and fuzzy inside. The sensation that seems to make the world stop from revolving, the kind of feeling that seems to stop the time from ticking. It was the most sensational thing that I have ever experienced.

 

Why did I have to kiss him back?! What if he thinks that I like him, then he see him as disgusting just because he is not biual like me? What if he kicks me out of his apartment? All of this will go to waste if that happens.

 

“Kibum.”

 

I looked up when I heard my name was called.  I thought I was alone here so I was so surprised to see Jonghyun standing a few meters away, he was panting as if he just ran a marathon.

 

“J-jonghyun…What are you doing here?... W-where are the hyungs?”

 

Jonghyun tried to find a good excuse. As if he couldn’t say that he was in the same place that I was and that I was the exact reason why he went here.

 

“Uhm…T-the hyungs said that… I should find you… s-so that we c-could eat… err… Do you mind if I sit with you?”

 

“N-No. Go ahead.”

 

Jonghyun sat beside me and immediately there was tension in the air. I sat up straight and wouldn’t look at him in the eye even if I wanted to. I had so many things piling up in my mind like—WHAT THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO SAY NOW?

 

“I—“ we both said in unison.

 

Both of us looked at each other and said in unison, “You—“

 

We laughed at how dorky we have been.

 

“You go first,” Jonghyun said.

 

“No, you go…”

 

Jonghyun took a deep breath, “…about the kiss that we had…”

 

 

(End of KEY’s P.O.V)

 

 

(THIRD PERSON P.O.V)

 

“…I think we should forget it ever happened,” Jonghyun finished.

 

 Key quickly turned his head to Jonghyun, “Eh? W-what do you mean by that?”

 

“I know you still can’t forget your boyfriend, and that you’re still hurting because of him. Also, the kiss was probably just a spur of the moment. It meant nothing, right?” Jonghyun asked, oblivious to any feelings Key was holding inside.

 

“What do you say, Jonghyun? Let’s forget it and get back to your friends?” Key forced a smile, he couldn’t show Jonghyun that he was sort of disappointed about what the latter had said.

 

Even though I don’t even want to forget it. This is all because I like you! I really like you a lot! Not just liking, but loving you… Jonghyun wanted to scream out but he didn’t have enough courage to actually do that.

 

“Okay… let’s forget about it.”

 

 

 

  

“I’ll have to go out for now, j-just see you later, Jonghyun”

 

“I’ll see you later, right?” Jonghyun asked, there was doubt in his voice that made the other guy bite his lower lip. 

 

Is it really obvious that I’m avoiding him? Key thought.

 

“Ummm… y-yeah, I’ll see you l-later” He knows that Jonghyun wasn’t convinced because there was a doubtful look painted on his handsome face. A look Key wouldn’t like to see on the latter’s face.

 

“Okay… Bye.”

 

“Uh, bye.”

 

The younger guy immediately walked out of Jonghyun’s apartment and got inside his car. Once Key got in, he heaved a deep sigh. He was trying to avoid Jonghyun after the kiss incident that happened. it was a sort of frustrating but he couldn’t help but feel awkward when they were together.

 

“!...” He slammed his hands on the steering wheel of his car and clenched tightly at it.

 

The kiss meant that I really like Jonghyun but does he feel the same way towards me? Was Jonghyun even gay to begin with? Key had so many things in his head that’s waiting to be answered. But, he doesn’t even know where to begin with.

 

Key really likes Jonghyun. Key had never thought he would like a guy so much more than what he had felt for Chansung before, but his heart knew better than his mind.  He knows that he had to tell Jonghyun about Onew before he confess his feelings to him… I have to tell it sooner, or else… my heart will be on the line.

 

Or is it already on the line?

 

 

“Key-appa!”

 

Key stumbled down the floor because Onew tackled him just a few seconds after seeing him. Taemin chuckled as Key stood up and swept the little boy in his arms.

 

“Seems that Onew missed you so much, hyung.” Taemin was still laughing, but he was trying to hide it by faking a cough. His eyes glowing with joy.

 

Key poked him on the cheek. “What did you feed him to make him this heavy, Taemin? I’ve only been gone for five days but, look at how big he had become!” Key joked as he patted the little guy’s head. “He grew up way too fast!”

 

“Well… He’s been eating chicken, pork, beef and junk food for non-stop! That’s why he’s getting a little bit fatter.” Taemin answered with laugh as the little boy pouted cutely at him. “See how fat and heavy he became?”

 

Onew squiggled down of Key. The older guy placed him down the floor, chuckling at how cute the little kid looked like. “I am not getting fat, Taemin-appa!” He even folded his arms over his chest and pouted again making the two older guys laugh at his appearance.

 

“If you’re not fat, the why are your cheeks like this?” Key chuckled and pinched the little boy’s cheeks.

 

“Right!” Taemin also teased Onew.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter