Assembly

The Book of Fates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Please head towards the gym for Awards Day.” The principal’s voice can be heard from every corner of the school. It must finally be the day. I look forward to Awards Day every single year even though I don’t really get awards. Don’t get me wrong, my grades are good but there are just too many exceptional students that are far more superior in ranking. Every year, I hope to receive at least one, I’m tired of always getting the Honour Roll certificate. This year, the teachers let the students become the hosts so it should be interesting, maybe even funny. I’m really looking forward to it.

          The students in my class stood up one by one and followed the teacher towards the gym. They all sat down diagonally but I decided to stay by the side lines. There’s still that feeling of fear creeping up on me, afraid of what the students will try to do to me next. I spotted the teacher from my detention yesterday and approached her. She’s wearing the school’s teacher uniform and she has her hair in a bun.

          “Hello, can I sit here beside you?” I asked her politely.

          “Yes, you can.” She scooted over to leave some space for me to sit.

          “Why aren’t you with your friends?” She asked.

          It’s because I don’t have any. “I don’t really feel like it.”

          “Drama, huh?” She laughed. “Don’t worry, it happens to everyone.”

          But not as bad as my situation.

          I simply nodded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter