After School

The Book of Fates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Each and every step I took echoed all throughout the hallway as I walked towards the detention room with my shoulders slumped and head hanging low. I don’t want to go to that place, I’ve never been in one in my years of living. I tried to walk as slow as possible in hopes of making the time slow down a bit even though I know it won’t. As I was nearing the detention room, the sky started to produce sounds of thunder. This may be the sound I’ll hate forever. It was the last thing I heard before my life turned into hell.

          I entered the room and the overall mood is already gloomy. The walls are very plain except for 2 windows, the chairs and tables are arranged very neatly, and the whole room looks spotless. The only one in this room that seems as if she’s radiating happiness and kindness is the teacher at the front. I walked towards her and gave her my detention slip.

          “Oh- Lee Miyoung?” She lowered down her book. “I never thought I’d see you here.”

          I simply smiled sheepishly.

          “Well, alright, go take a seat.” She smiled warmly at me. The very first smile that I got today. I’m not sure whether it’s sincere but I’ll take what I can get.

          I walked towards the back and sat as far away from the window as possible. I don’t want to see or hear the rain right now. I don’t need any more reminding of how anyone is probably having a much better day than me. I don’t need it.

          I rested my hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter