Intermezzo

Love Light

I hope you’ll understand the plot :)

It’s not a secret anymore for the people who work in the entertainment industry especially in music industry or people who work at the broadcast station, that the all mighty Girls’ Generation befriended with almost all famous male idols in the industry, included Super Junior, Shinee or other male idols from SM, they were more like brothers to the girls precisely. Outside SM, 2PM was the male idol group who often seen together with the girls on or off camera. There were a lot of rumors going on back then, Jessica with Taecyon, Tae Yeon with Woo Young, Yoona with Taecyon, and soon. True they flirted a lot back then, some even became real things, Tiffany and Nichkhun for example, they were in an on-and-off-relationship for years.

After Seo Hyun joined We Got Married, the circle of the friendship became wider and wider, people often read or hear of famous the CNSD relationship. Yong Hwa who was the ex-on-screen husband of Seo Hyun and often got paired with Tiffany or other SNSD member for MC-ing, became a bridge of the beginning of the CNSD friendship. When Yong Hwa and Seo Hyun officially became a couple, the intensity of the CNSD meeting became higher. They often held party together in Korea or abroad. Every time they had the same schedule and every time they had the same free time they would meet and hold a mini party, often members of other groups were there too, such as Sistar’s Bora and So You, Kara’s Go Ha Ra, T-Ara’s Hyo Min, 2PM’s and 2AM’s members, MBLAQ’s Lee Joon and so on. New York, Los Angles, and Japan were their most favorite place. So it’s truly a lie when people or haters said that CNBLUE’s member and the girls didn’t get along really well. The people in the industry only could laugh because of the false rumor.

Often to cover the possibility of Yong Hwa and Seo Hyun’s scandal the girls held a private party just for the two groups. CNBLUE’s member who loved SNSD very much after Yong Hwa, was Lee Jong Hyun, he was so obvious when he only looked at Yoona at most of their parties, when he talked to Yoona his eyes sparkled and sometimes he just smiled to reply to her stories, because he was so nervous. Jung Shin was the one who always lifted up the mood at their parties, he and Hyo Yeon often joked around make people laugh until their stomach aches. Min Hyuk was the calm maknae just like Seo Hyun, he often just sat at the corner drinking with other people and listened to other people’s stories.

For a while, by the end of 2012 until 2013 Jong Hyun and Yoona were in a relationship. The two maknaedeul, Yoona and Seo Hyun often went to Japan together to meet their significant others. Japan was like a safe house for the girls. But unlike Yong Hwa and Seo Hyun who somehow managed their relationship despite of the ups and down in their relationship and of course their busy and crazy schedule, Yoona and Jong Hyun drifted apart, they never said anything about the reason, not even to their members. They just drifted apart like that, and months later, Yoona was spotted with Lee Seung Gi and it’s confirmed by the two managements that they’re dating. On the other hand Jong Hyun then joined We Got Married, following his Hyung’s trail, and then he met the love of his life, Yoo Seung Yeon or known as Gong Seung Yeon.

“Omma, Ji Yeon noona sleeps on my bed,” No Ah informed his Mom who currently had a conversation with Seung Yeon in the back yard, he then climbed on Seo Hyun’s lap.

“See, I told you, you guys should just sleep over here, it’s tiring for Jong Hyun oppa to drive back all the way to Ilsan,” Seo Hyun said while caressing her son’s hair.

“Is that really okay with you and Yong Hwa oppa, eonni?” she asked.

“Why wouldn’t we be okay, No Ah will be happy too to see Ji Yeon in the morning, right No Ah?”

“Ne Gomo! I can lend my bed to Ji Yeon noona, I could just sleep with Omma and Appa tonight,” No Ah was really excited.

Seung Yeon smiled and said, “Ahrasseoyo, now could you help Gomo to tell this to Jong Hyun samchoon?”

“Neeeeeeeee!” No Ah jumped from Seo Hyun’s lap and ran to his father and his samchoon in the living room.

Seo Hyun and Seung Yeon just smiled seeing No Ah.

“When is the due date Seung Yeon-ah?” Seo Hyun asked while caressing Seung Yeon’s round belly.

“I still don’t know the exact date, but the doctor said it’s in the middle of this winter,” she answered while caressing her own belly, she continued, “Eonni too, should have the second child as soon as possible,”

“Aigoooo, oppa and I haven’t talked about this yet, we’re very busy lately. It’s a given that you already pregnant with the second child, since you married before me,” Seo Hyun sipped her makgeolli.

“But still Eonni, No Ah seems pretty lonely, he wants a dongsaeng to play with him. Ji Yeon was also like that,” Seung Yeon who couldn’t drink alcoholic drink, sipped her orange juice.

They then just stayed still in silence, enjoying the summer breeze that night. Since it’s only 10 PM, it’s still early to call it a night.

“I suddenly remember our past story,” said Seo Hyun.

“Which one, Eonni?”

“The one where Jong Hyun oppa told Yong oppa that he wanted to marry you,” Seo Hyun answered and laughed.

Seung Yeon laughed heartedly, “Even though I’m not there, I always laugh when I remember that,”

“I think it’s the first time for Yong Oppa being defeated by Jong Hyun oppa,” Seo Hyun said and laughed.

It was a few day after Jong Hyun’s 30 birthday party. The boys were at Yong Hwa’s place having barbeque in the new house Yong Hwa just bought. Yong Hwa and Seo Hyun were having house warming party. They invited only their members and family. Everyone brought their partner except for Min Hyuk and Jong Hyun, because Krystal was currently with Jessica in New York and Seung Yeon had drama filming.

It was way past mid night, most of people went home already. Hyo Yeon and Jung Shin were on the yellow painted swing, singing anything that came to their mind, it’s obvious the two of them were drunk. Tae Yeon was sleeping on the couch near Yong Hwa’s studio. Yong Hwa and Seo Hyun were sitting on the couch in the living room, exhausted after preparing the party all by themselves. Seo Hyun leaned her head on Yong Hwa’s shoulder, while his boyfriend talked with Min Hyuk about their upcoming project.

Seo Hyun saw Jong Hyun in the corner of the living room, he looked really nervous, he looked like he’s preparing a speech, murmuring something then hit his head with his hand, ruffled his own hair. She thought he might be really drunk or was rehearsing his lines for his new drama. Then she saw him walking to her direction, and sat on the floor in front of Yong Hwa, formally. He sat on his bended feet, his hand were on his thigh.

“Wha.. what happened Jong Hyun-ah?” Yong Hwa surprised to see him like that.

“Hyung, I need to tell you something,” Jong Hyun was really nervous, the look on his eyes were way too serious.

“Hyung are you drunk?” Min Hyuk asked.

“No Min Hyuk-ah,” he answered then took a really deep breath. Yong Hwa was confused. He fixed his posture of sitting. Seo Hyun also sat straight right away.

Everyone in the room stayed silent, Jong Hyun looked at Yong Hwa’s eyes directly and suddenly blurted, “Hyung I want to marry Seung Yeon,” he said.

“MWOOOOO?!!!!” everyone in the room screamed almost in the same time, causing Tae Yeon who was sleeping to wake up in surprise.

“Wae geurae? Is something wrong?” said Tae Yeon half asleep.

“Aniyo Eonni, just go back to sleep please,” Seo Hyun said.

After that the room was filled with just silence.

“Hyung, are you serious? Are you drunk?” Min Hyuk moved forward to smell Jong Hyun’s breathe.

“What are you doing?! No I’m not drunk,” he said while pushing Min Hyuk’s face away.

“Hyung I’m not drunk and I’m not joking, I want to marry her, will you give your permission?” Jong Hyun asked with sincerity in his voice, he looked at Yong Hwa’s serious face.

Seo Hyun was worried that Yong Hwa would get angry, so she held his hand.

“Andwaeeeeee,” Yong Hwa said with his choding and pouting style.

“Why not Hyung? It’s not like our management will decline my wish, I finished all of my responsibilities, and we will not have another project until early winter, and the fans will also be supportive of my choice. I ask your permission first, even before my parents and the management, because I honor you that much Hyung, so why not Hyung?” Jong Hyun’s tone was already a little high, he was so sure his hyung would say yes.

Everyone in the room felt really uncomfortable, Seo Hyun looked at his boyfriend’s eyes seriously then looked at Jong Hyun.

“Oppa….” Seo Hyun said.

“Andwaeeeeeee,” he said again with his pouting style, “you can’t get married before me and Seo Hyun, andwaeeee,” he said.

Jong Hyun was just confused. Is he joking around? Is he drunk?

“Oppa, what are you talking about?” Seo Hyun slapped his shoulder lightly, “Jong Hyun oppa is serious Oppa, don’t joke around like that,” she said.

“I’m not joking,” he said, he really didn’t joke, he’s serious, seriously choding.

“Hyung are you drunk?” Jong Hyun asked.

“Hyung, what’s with this sudden plan?” Min Hyuk asked but no answer from Jong Hyun, “hokshiii, is Seung Yeon pregnant?” he asked.

Everyone in the room waited for the answer.

“Neeeeee…” Jong Hyun lowered his head answered carefully. Everyone gasped and went silent again except Yong Hwa.

“Andwaeeeeeeeee, you can’t have children before me and Seo Hyun, I’m always first at everything,” he said.

“Oppa be serious, this is a serious talk Oppa,” Seo Hyun nagged at him.

“Who said I’m joking? I’m always first, I won that Ulzzang contest first, then I joined WGM first, and there are lot of other firsts,” he said, apparently he’s serious.

“Hyung are you crazy?” Min Hyuk asked sarcastically to Yong Hwa.

“Oppa, be serious please!” Seo Hyun started to get angry.

“Let’s get married first then before Jong Hyun!” he turned his body and said to Seo Hyun.

“Oppa!” Seo Hyun’s nostrils went wider then looked at Jong Hyun, “Jong Hyun oppa, mianhaeyo, I’ll talk to Yong oppa first,” she said.

She then went upstairs and said, “Oppa let’s talk upstair, now!” she commanded.

Jong Hyun waited unpatiently in the living room. Jung Shin and Hyo Yeon were clueless of what happened when they entered the house. A few minutes later, Yong Hwa went downstairs with Seo Hyun. All eyes on them, they were waiting for Yong Hwa’s answer.

Yong Hwa and Seo Hyun sat again on the couch. Seo Hyun elbowed Yong Hwa, it’s the sign that he had to speak.

“Ahrasseo, I’ll give you my permission,” Yong Hwa said half hearted.

“Jinjja Hyung?” finally people could see the sparkles on Jong Hyun’s eyes.

“Ooo, I’ll give you my permission,” Yong Hwa said. There’s a long pause before Seo Hyun elbowed him again, “Aww! And oh mianhae for acting like that earlier,” he said.

Jong Hyun hugged Yong Hwa, “Gomawo Hyung, Gomawo!”

“Yah yah yah! Enough with the hug! I’m really sorry Jong Hyun-ah for acting like that, and congratulations! You’re going to be a dad soon,” he said finally with sincerity while breaking the hug.

“Chukkaeyo Oppa! You’re going to be a husband and a dad soon!” Seo Hyun congratulated and hugged him.

Then one by one the people in the room congratulated him.

“Have you proposed to Seung Yeoni, Oppa?” Seo Hyun asked.

“Not yet actually, but it will be done soon, don’t worry!” Jong Hyun said.

Later that night, when everyone was already sleeping, Yong Hwa and Seo Hyun had a talk in their bedroom. He was being a big spoon, back hugging her right before she closed her eyes.

“Waeyo, Oppa?” she asked.

Yong Hwa then put his chin on her shoulder, closing the gap and hugged her tight, “You’re going to marry me, right? We’ll have many children, right?” he asked with much excitement in his voice.

“Neeee, when the right time comes, Oppa,” she answered but her eyes were already closed.

“Aniyaaa, you said in two years, you’ll marry me right?”

“Neeeeee,” she just answered that to make him stop asking her while she was really sleepy and tired.

“Or should we have baby first, like Jong Hyun?” he asked.

“Oppa stop joking, I’m tired,”

“Aniyaaa, I won’t stop until you say you’ll marry me in two years,” he said.

“I’ll marry you in two years. Aigooo I was dreaming of a beautiful proposal, but here you proposed me on the bed, not romantic Oppa,”

“Kekekek jashiiik, you’re going to cry a river if I proposed to you romantically,” he still although she’s ready to sleep again.

“Keumanhaseyo, I’m really tired today, let’s sleep Oppa,” she said.

“Ahrasseo, good night sarang bit,” he then planted a kiss on her cheek.

“I’m just glad that our marriage didn’t cause many commotion, Eonni,” Seung Yeon said.

“That’s right, it’s because of that incident, I’m both thankful and really sad, really, until now,” Seo Hyun lowered her head and then looked up to just stare at an empty sky.

“I hope it’s the last incident that happened in our industry. It really made the whole nation cry a river,” Seung Yeon said.

“I hope so too, but it really changed everything, it’s true then, it’s always darkest just before sunrise,”

“Nee eonni, I agree with that,”

The two wives of CNBLUE’s member now just smiled at each other, hoping there would be no dark incident like before in the industry.  

to be continued

it’s only an intermezzo just like the title of this chapter. I wrote this chapter while thinking about the past and the future, hoping the haters of CNSD would understand about their friendship (if they ever read this ff :p ). I put some clues for the upcoming chapters. Please be patient and keep reading my ff kekekeke. I’ll write the continuation of chapter 8 as soon as possible. Hang in there! I’ll make sure you’ll read more about the sweet yongseo moments in the next chapter! ^^