Make It Mutual

Love Light

On the morning of the last day of SNSD Arena Tour Concert in Fukuoka a package from Korea arrived at SNSD Tokyo dorm. Sunny who happened to open the door, read the message on the box. It was said ‘To: My Love Light’ in English. She laughed and screamed, “Is there anybody here named Love Light?”

The other members were eating their breakfast before going to the concert venue. They then turned their head to Sunny as they heard the question. Seo Hyun was drinking her milk but then the coughed and spitted out the milk into the sink in the kitchen, she knew the package was for her. The other members gathered around the package that has been placed on the dining table.

“Hahahahaha, maknae-ah, your nampyeon is crazy! Why is he so cheesy? ” Taeyeon laughed hard.

Soo Young on the other hand, “It’s pretty sweet though, what’s wrong with Love Light?”

“Michin namja!” Jessica said while shivering. She really hated that kind of thing.

After done coughing, Seo Hyun finally saw the package. It was really written ‘To: My Love Light’. The box wasn’t that big, its’ size was just like a Pepero box.  She wanted to open the box but too shy to open it in front of her Eonnideul, so she took it to her room.

“Yah! We’re curious too! Open it here!” Fany said.

“I was the one who received it, I also need to know what is it!” Sunny protested too.

“Geumanhae! Let her read it alone first,” Hyo Yeon said.

Seo Hyun just smiled to her Eonnideul and went to her room and opened the box. It was really a pepero box inside. When she opened the box there were a letter and a photo. She took the letter first and read it.

To: Nae Sarangbit

I know we haven’t talked in a while but first, I’m really sorry for what happened that day at the restaurant. We were really tired that day and me specifically didn’t act right and made you angry. Jeongmal mianhae nae cheonsa. This probably would make you wonder, but please can you do this for us? For you and me? Please look at the photo and do as it says. I can’t tell you much about it. I hope you’re no longer mad at me. I’ll wait for you coming home.

She got confused but she was really curious about it. She looked at the photo, it was the bingsoo place that they visited on their WGM. On the back of the photo it was said, ‘Hyun~ Please go there on Monday, the time is up to you. There will be something waiting for you there ^^’

The anger has disappeared for a long time actually, she knew it, that they both were at fault that night, it’s only right if she also apologize to him. She knew it well, and now she’s really curious about what’s waiting for her on Monday at that bingsoo place. Yong Hwa was busy, she knew it, so it couldn’t be him that’s waiting for her. She then told her Eonnideul about it but their reactions were hilarious.

“Yah! Yong Hwa is crazy! Who the hell is he telling you to do this and that after made you cry,” Jessica fired up.

Tiffany and Taeyeon disagreed with Jessica, they were really curious and guessing what could be there in the bingsoo place.

“Yaaaah, Yong Hwa really know how to make girls curious, doesn’t he?” Yuri said while looking at the photo.

“Are you not angry at him anymore, Joo Hyun-ah?” Yoona asked out of curiosity.

“It was both our fault that night Eonni, but yes, the anger has gone,” she said.

“So you are going to go there on Monday?” Hyo Yeon asked.

“Nee Eonni, I’m really curious,” she answered.

“How did he know that you’re free on Monday?” Yoona asked again.

“I don’t know that either, maybe he asked our manager?” Seo Hyun said.

While the girls were busy guessing, their manager came, “Let’s go to the venue now! You guys need to rehearse.”

On Monday night almost midnight actually, Seo Hyun really went to that bingsoo place with her manager. She avoided the crowd that would possibly come if she went there at noon. She wore her shades and went inside the shop with her manager. She didn’t find anyone there, only the old ahjussi was there at the cashier’s place. She went to him.

“Annyeonghaseyo, is there someone here earlier, who asked you to give something to a girl named Seo Joo Hyun?” she asked.

“Nugu? Seo Joo Hyun? Eoppseoyo.  There’s only a package to a girl named.... wait I forget,” the old ahjussi took the box from the back of the shop.

“Ah here’s written for Ms. Sarangbit,” he said, “aigooo kids these day, their name is just weird,” he added.

“Ah I’m Ms. Sarangbit!” Seo Hyun said but suddenly she felt embarrassed.

“Really? But You said you’re name was… Joo Hyun,” he forgot her name, it seemed like the old ahjussi didn’t watch TV, he didn’t recognize her at all.

“Nee it’s my name, but my nick name was… Sarangbit,” she said and still felt embarrassed by saying that name.

“Ah geureyo, then here you go Ms. Sarangbit,” he handed the box.

“Neomu gamsahamnida,” she bowed and then just sat on a chair there for while looking at the box that’s been wrapped with an old newspaper. She read what’s written there, looking for clues about what Yong Hwa has done but she found nothing.

She was just about to leave the place, when the old ahjussi called her again.

“Agassi! The sender also gave you this!” the old ahjussi went outside and gave Seo Hyun a take away bingsoo in a bowl.

“Ah neee, gamsahamnida,” Seo Hyun bowed again and then entered the car.

She opened the box first then she found a letter again.

Annyeong Cheonsa,

Are you enjoying your bingsoo? Is it delicious? Do you remember the day we went to that bingsoo place? We were eating bingsoo right before you start your promotion in Japan, and now you just got home from Japan. We were fighting because of the mildang that I did, do you remember? That night we made up then everything was fine again. I do hope we could reenact that night again or at least feel the sweet feeling that night. Unfortunately I can’t be there with you, I hope you enjoy that sweet bingsoo and forget about the bitterness I caused. And could you do me a favor again? Look at the picture I sent and contact the person. Enjoy your bingsoo ^^

There was a picture of Ok Joo Hyun of FIN K.L. Seo Hyun was really close with her, all of SNSD members were close with her. She frowned and was confused, what this has to do with Joo Hyun Eonni? But she called her anyway. Ok Joo Hyun asked her to come to her place. It seemed like Joo Hyun Eonni already know about her and Yong Hwa. She asked her manager to go to Ok Joo Hyun’s house.

“So that’s what happened between you and him?” Ok Joo Hyun said while eating grapes.

They were in one of the most expensive apartment in Gangnam. Ok Joo Hyun owned an apartment there. They both sat face to face on a white sofa in a huge living room that facing the beautiful night view of Seoul.

“So Eonni really don’t know anything about what happened with me and Oppa? Not at all?” Seo Hyun asked again, she thought Ok Joo Hyun already know everything.

“Ani, Yong Hwa called me the other day and he said you would come here on Monday, but he didn’t say anything,” she said.

“So he gave you these riddles and you don’t know why?” Ok  Joo Hyun asked her again.

“Nee Eonni, I really don’t know anything about this,” Seo Hyun answered.

“Aigooooo,” Ok  Joo Hyun caressed Seo Hyun’s hair, “uri dongsaeng is really clueless.”

Seo Hyun frowned like asking Joo Hyun why.

“Listen to me and answer the question honestly, ahrasseo?” Joo Hyun asked. Seo Hyun just nodded

“First, it’s really obvious that he really likes or even loves you. Second, the reason why he sent you to me is for you to listen to me, who has more experience in dating secretly. Hahahahaha,” Joo Hyun couldn’t help but laugh at her own sentences.

“So, listen to me Seo Hyun-ah, you only live once, you only young once. You know that you will regret things you didn’t do more than things you do, right?” she asked Seo Hyun. Seo Hyun just nodded again.

“My second question, do you love Yong Hwa? Ani, do you like him?” Joo Hyun asked, “you promised to answer my question honestly,” she added.

“Mmmmm… neeee I like him,” she answered hesitatingly, she’s still confused.

“So will you regret it later, if you don’t take a chance to be with him?”

“I don’t know Eonni, maybe I’ll regret it, but how about our career?” Seo Hyun started asking the question that will be the first question any idol would ask before getting into a relationship, their career.

“Listen, Eonni too dated when I was in FIN K.L. but no one ever knew it right? I would really regret it if I didn’t date that time, I would missed the chance to know the men better. It was the fun of being young. You get to make the mistakes so you’ll be wiser when you’re older and learn from those mistakes. You know your sisters have been going to many meetings with men too right? It’s the fun of being young. Your career is as important as your life, you need to be happy too. Don’t hesitate to take the chance. He’s a good man. He sent you to me on purpose, he wanted you to listen my point of view as your sunbae,” Joo Hyun gave Seo Hyun advices.

Seo Hyun just gave those advices a deep thinking. Joo Hyun Eonni was right. She only live once, only young once, so why not take the chance.

“You quarreled with him because of other man and other woman too right? You guys are so cute hahahaha,” Joo Hyun laughed, “it reminds me of my first boyfriend. Listen to me, don’t ever read those hateful comments on internet, you will just get upset at no one but yourself and your loved one. You realized that you guys were just jealous and couldn’t say anything because you guys aren’t exclusive. It wouldn’t happen if you guys step forward and take the chance to be with each other”

“Neeee, Fany Eonni also said the same thing to me, Eonni,”

“Yokshi, Fany learned a lot from me, hahaha, you too should learn from me,” she jokingly said.

“Neee I will Eonni,” Seo Hyun smiled.

It was already past 2 am when Seo Hyun was ready to leave Joo Hyun’s place.

“Ah I almost forget, here,” Joo Hyun gave her a box, “earlier CNBLUE’s manager came here and asked me to give this to you,” she explained.

“Ah gamsahamnida Eonni,” Seo Hyun bowed.

“Aigoooo you don’t need to be so formal to me. Call me when you need anything, ahrasseo?”

“Ne Eonni, good night and thank you for everything,” Seo Hyun stood by the door and waved at her Eonni.

Her manager waited patiently at the car, it’s really rare for Seo Hyun to go out until past midnight, that’s why her manager waited for her, worried that something wrong might happen with her.

When Seo Hyun entered the car, she apologized to her manager because he had to wait for long time and took her here and there. Once her manager assured her that he was okay and it’s his job, she asked her manager to go to one address in the box, inside the box there was a mask. She wondered why she would need a mask.

The address was in a really secluded area, there were a lot of wood shops there, of course all of them were closed, except for one shop in the corner. It was a house that has a wood shop at the front. She entered the wood shop because it was the one that she’s looking for. No one was there but she could hear someone's working at back of the shop. There were many beautiful dining tables and chairs made of woods with beautiful carving in many color as well. Seo Hyun went inside and found an opened door to the garden.

She couldn’t see well, but someone was sawing something at the corner. She went closer. She knew that back. It was a familiar back view.

“Oppa?” she asked in surprise.

The person turned his back and smiled, “Oh Hyun, waseo?”

to be continued

As I promised! Two chapters for today! I feel sooo good after finally could post something here. I actually want to post this on June 29th as celebration of the double birthday, but I have no internet connection on my laptop and it's hard to post via phone :( I hope it's not too late for me to join the celebration of the double birthday! Happy birthday Jung Yong Hwa and Seo Joo Hyun! I wish you both a happy live. Thanks for being on WGM and make a lonely person like me dugeun dugeun everytime I watch you both, even for nth time, I hope you guys happy together. YongSeo is real! ^^ 

Btw, try to listen to Olivia Ong - Make It Mutual and enjoy reading and see you guys on the next chapter :D