Under The Mistletoe

Love Light

Seo Hyun sat on the bench in the garden, while Yong Hwa took some soft drinks for them to drink.  He wore a simple white t-shirt with old ripped jeans and a small towel circled around his neck, he was sweating, a lot. It was the end of July, of course the weather was quite hot. Seo Hyun watched her surrounding, there were some big trees, which she didn’t know what their names were, in the corner there were some of blueberry bushes and also another kind of bushes, in another corner grew a lot of sunflowers and roses, and near the bench she sat, there was a small pond, unfortunately there was no fish in that pond. The summer breeze that night calmed her down from all of the nerves, she hasn’t talked anything yet with Yong Hwa, but in her mind there were a lot to say, from ‘I’m sorry’ to ‘You look so cool while sawing that log’. She was nervous because she missed him and she felt really sorry for all the unnecessary misunderstanding. She was also wondering what Yong Hwa did try to make out of those logs.

Yong Hwa took the soft drinks from the fridge in the house. It was the house and also the wood shop of one of his relative. His uncle owned the wood shop, and Yong Hwa asked him to help him with his plan for Seo Hyun. On the way back to the garden, he saw Seo Hyun from the window in the kitchen. She was simply beautiful with her flowery dress, her hair wasn’t tied, which was good, because he liked it a lot when she untie her hair. He wanted to tell her that he missed her and he was sorry for his fault that day impatiently. He then walked to the garden and sat beside Seo Hyun.

“Here you go,” he opened the bottle and gave her cold sparkle water instead of cola or soda.

To her a small gesture like opening a bottle of drink before giving it to her was really romantic and sweet, even more than a bouquet of flower.

“Gamsahamnida,” she said and drank it then saw Yong Hwa opened a bottle of cola for him instead of water, “Oppa, drink this instead of that cola,” she gave him her drink.

Yong Hwa chuckled and took it, “Gomawo, Hyun.”

“Oppa…”

“Hyun…”

They said it in the same time.

“You first, Oppa,” she said.

Yong Hwa looked at the night sky, which was really clear and beautiful, “Hyun are you still mad at me?”

Seo Hyun looked at him, he also looked at him, “Why should I be mad at you, Oppa?” she .

“Because that night I was such a jerk to you, I’m sorry for everything that night, I didn’t understand what you did mean that night. So will you forgive me?” he asked.

He looked so sincere in her eyes, so there’s no way she wouldn’t forgive him. But Seo Joo Hyun was now good at playing hard to get.

“Answer me first, Oppa. What was with the riddles? You asked me to go around Seoul to find clues without telling me why,” she said.

“I actually wanted to go with you Hyun, but I had schedule until late night today, then I came straight here, and those riddles, didn’t it remind you to our first fight? That night after we performed together, we went to that bingsoo place, forgave each other, then everything was fine again. With the hope that you would remember that and forgive me, I asked you to go too that bingsoo place,” he explained calmly but inside he’s afraid that his girl was still mad at him.

“Hmmmm then what’s with Joo Hyun Eonni?” her nose widened, she acted like she was still angry, and he saw that, he knew it was the sign that she’s still angry.

“I thought if you listened to Joo Hyun Noona, you might get a new point of view of dating. She was close to you and she was also an idol in her time, so I thought you would listen to her more than anyone else,” he lowered his head and played with his own hands.

Seo Hyun who saw that found it funny, she was really sorry but he was too cute with the ‘new point of view of dating’. He was indirectly asking her to date.

“Why would I need a new point of view of dating?” she again.

“Jebal Joo Hyun-ah, will you forgive or not?” he stood up from his seat and knelt down before her with those pitiful eyes, he held her hands, “Forgive me please, will you?”

It’s hard not to smile, he was too cute. Seo Hyun held her smile, “Why did you think I follow your riddles if I wouldn’t forgive you Oppa?” she said.

“Because…. you’re curious?”

Seo Hyun couldn’t hide her smile anymore, “Aigooooo uri Oppa must have been worked really hard today. Of course I forgive you Oppa, but on one condition,” she said while caressing his messy hair.

“What condition?”

“Will you forgive me too because I was acting like that and I was so jealous that time?” she said.

Yong Hwa was a little bit startled with the word ‘jealous’, so she admitted that she was jealous of Shin Hye. He smiled, “Of course I will forgive you, but now will you forgive me?” he asked and still held her hands.

Seo Hyun didn’t say anything but nodded. Yong Hwa smiled from ear to ear.

“Gomawo Hyun, gomawo,” he hugged her then. She was a little bit startled at first but then hugged him back.

“Mianhaeyo Oppa for not believing in you,” she said while hugging him.

“Nado mianhae,” he said.

He then broke the hug and held Seo Hyun shoulders and looked at her in the eyes. Her eyes hypnotized him, and he always fell for those eyes, those sparkling eyes.

Seo Hyun smiled while looking at his choding eyes, the summer breeze blew her face, it was so refreshing.

But then Yong Hwa suddenly caressed her hair and her face with his fingers. She was nervous all of the sudden. ‘Will he do that? Seolma…’ she thought. She suddenly stopped looking at his eyes.

She looked so beautiful, he thought. His instinct said that it was the right time. So he caressed her face and her hair. He noticed she was shy and nervous all of sudden. She was too cute. He moved his left hand to her nape. She was surprised, but still looked cute in his eyes. He moved closer, erasing the gap between them. She thought it’s the time, she didn’t know what to do except closing her eyes. Yong Hwa was Yong Hwa, he always knew what to do in the right time, he knew his Sarangbit was nervous with his sudden action so Yong Hwa only brought her back into his arms. Hugged her really thigh.

“I’ve missed you. Even now I still miss you, nae Sarangbit,” he said.

“I miss you too, Oppa,” she smiled.

Yong Hwa then gave her the sweetest peck ever on her forehead, “I at least deserve this, don’t I?” he .

“N... ne?” she said.

“Hahahaha aniya, you’re just too cute, Hyun,” he said while breaking the hug and sat beside her again.

“Oppa, what is this place actually?” Seo Hyun asked him the question that has been bothering her.

“Let’s go inside! I’ll show you something,” he took her right hand and led her inside.

He explained that the place belonged to his uncle and took her to the painting place, there were a lot of beautiful chairs that hasn’t been painted yet. He took her to a corner where the furniture that has been painted was dried.

“Close your eyes!” he asked, “hold my hand so you won’t fall,” he added.

Yong Hwa then took something from a table, “Are you ready? One… Two… Three! Jjan!”

Yong Hwa smiled while Seo Hyun stood still in confusion. Before her eyes there was a miniature of a soft yellow painted swing. She was confused for a moment but then she realized and said, “Wooaaaah! Did Oppa make this?” she said while smiling wide and took the swing from his hand.

“Geurom! I made that from scratch, kekekekeke. It was your belated birthday gift, mianhae, I could only make that,”

“Aaaaaaah neomu gamsahamnida Oppa, it’s so cute and beautiful!” she praised him.

“Kekekeke, jashik! Do you like it?”

“Ne!” she said while looking at the miniature in her hand.

“Dahaengida, it was made sloppily, kekekeke, but you like it. Hyun, saengil chukkae! Sorry for the belated birthday present,” he said.

“But Oppa, I didn’t prepare anything for you,”

“Gwenchana, you forgave me was already a present for me,” he smiled.

“Once again, thank you so much Oppa,” she said, “but Oppa, what was that you were sawing out earlier in the garden?”

“Let’s go out again!” he said.

They were outside again. Yong Hwa took the saw that lied on the ground and put it on the sawed log.

“This is the real present for you Hyun. I was sawing out the log for the real swing,” he said while turning his head, he wanted to see her reaction.

Seo Hyun was beyond surprise, her jaw dropped, “Jeongmalyo Oppa? Oppa will really make a swing for me?”

“Of course! When I made that song, Imagine, I was already preparing to make you one, but my schedule was really crazy, and I just had time recently to go here again,” he smiled like a proud man, who has achieved something big.

Seo Hyun lost her words, she was so speechless. It’s not the only present from him that surprise her. He always thought of the unthinkable gift.

“I will finish it little by little everytime I have time, when it’s finished you can take it with you, kekekeke,” he let out his trademark laugh when he’s happy.

“Ottokeeee, neomu gamsahamnida Oppa,” she could only say that.

“Aniya it’s nothing,” he said while looking at her and smiled.

In Seo Hyun’s mind there were many things that she thought. She couldn’t express her thankfulness enough and she also didn’t give him anything for his birthday. Only one thing crossed her mind.

Yong Hwa was standing there, looking at Seo Hyun that was also standing there beside him in front of the sawed logs, she was teary because she really touched with his gift. He didn’t expect anything to happen, but Seo Hyun gathered her courage, moved closer to him who’s looking at her and pecked his lips, lightly.

“Happy birthday, Oppa, I’m sorry for the belated birthday gift,” she said and smiled.

It was just a light peck on his lips but it succeed make him stoned. The summer breeze swept his face, brought him back to life. He never expected for her to do something like that.

After gave ‘the gift’ to Yong Hwa, Seo Hyun was more nervous than before. She couldn’t look at him and just fanned her face with her hands and murmured ‘ottoke ottoke’.

Yong Hwa looked at her and saw what she did, “I’m not going to accept that as a gift, you know. So I’m giving it back to you.”

Seo Hyun had no time to think or to react to what he said. He already caught her right wrist and brought her closer before putting his left hand on her waist and put his right hand on her chin, “Neol nae Sarangbit,” he said. He looked at her surprised eyes, smiled and he kissed her lips and closed his eyes to feel those sweet soft lips of Seo Joo Hyun, the woman that drove him crazy. He just put his lips on hers, waiting for her respond. After seconds ticked Seo Hyun realized what just happened and then she followed her instinct, closed her eyes, put her arms around his waist, surrendered to his kiss and kissed him back.

Under the starry night and the dancing trees, they shared their sweet first kiss. It was as sweet as the smell of the flowers that bloomed beautifully in the garden. They haven’t said those sacred three words yet, but that kiss confirmed each other feelings, that they have fallen for each other, deeply.

to be continued

Hello again my beloved readers :D How was it? How was this chapter? I hope you guys like it kekeke ^^ I made this chapter specially to remind you guys of the sweet feelings as Seo Hyun got her two-rows-of-goguma-field-gift and the sweetness as Seo Hyun gathered the courage to hold Yong Hwa arms for the first time in Japan, I hope you guys could still recall that. For the next chapter I’ll try to squeeze in other couple  ^^

Enjoy reading yeorobundeul ^^