Prologue

Love Light

One lovely early spring evening in the Jung’s residence.

The wife was busy in the kitchen, chopping onions, different color paprika, garlic, and a lot more vegetables. The water started to boil. She only got two hands, but so many things to do. Her husband just like always, was lying on the sofa in the living room.

“Oppa, can you come here and help me a little?” she asked, half shouting. Oh yes, she still used formal speech to his husband even though they’ve been married for seven years now.

“Wae? Do you cut yourself again?” he stood up and hurriedly walked to the kitchen and checked his wife’s hand.

“No Oppa,” she continued chopping things, “can you sprinkle some salt into the water?” she asked without facing her husband.

Meanwhile her husband took some salt and sprinkled it into the water. After that just like always he hugged her from behind. Put his chin on her left shoulder and kissed her there. He really loved bothering his wife like this since their dating days.

“Oppa, I’m cooking now, I could really cut my fingers if you keep doing this everytime I cook,” she nagged. He didn’t say anything and kept backhuging his wife like that. It’s not like she hated it, it’s just it’s dangerous she said, there’re other times where he could hug her like that but not while she cooks, typical Seo Joo Hyun really.

“I know you like this, don’t act like you don’t Buin,” he , typical Jung Yong Hwa. With that he continued doing the thing he like and she didn’t really say anything and just sighed, shook her head and they stayed like that, in a very lovely moment.

The kitchen in Jung’s residence designed specially by Seo Joo Hyun herself, she said she needed a nice kitchen to cook a delicious meal everyday. With that Jung Yong Hwa had nothing to say, although by ‘nice kitchen’ she meant all-white-kitchen with white huge refrigerator. To Jung Yong Hwa the thought of her cooking him meals everyday is a-more-than-good-enough-reason to let go his dream kitchen, by his dream kitchen he means all red-black kitchen with silver refrigerator.

The house was bought by Jung Yong Hwa when they were still dating, even so, Seo Joo Hyun was the one who suggested how the house should be. It’s not located in the heart of Seoul but in the very comfortable neighborhood. Jung Yong Hwa always knew her style, since they’re on WGM, it’s always been her dream to have a two story white house, with huge backyard, because of that he let her designed the house the way she wanted it to be. Although he made several requests, that he would want to have a room shapes like a tunnel to keep all of his shoes and that he would want to have a music room designed by himself. Seo Joo Hyun half joking cooly said “It’s your house Oppa, you don’t have to ask for my permission, of course you could do those, it’s not like it’s my house, I just give suggestions to you.” He knew she was teasing him and just laughed lightly then pecked her forehead.

“Oppa I’m supposed to put the pasta into the water you know,” she said while trying to break the backhug her husband gave.

“So? You could just walk with me like this,” typical Jung Yong Hwa’s answer.

“Andwaeyo,” she then broke the hug forcefully and put the pasta into the water and then gave Jung Yong Hwa her famous I’m-mad-at-you-look while folding her hands on the chest. Jung Yong Hwa just laughed, he’s used to this look and even after more than ten years together, he still thinks it’s cute.

“Wae? Are you going to let me starve tonight then?” he said jokingly.

“Aigoooo, I’m really speechless, it’s not like I should give you the same speech everytime you do that Oppa.” she pouted.

Jung Yong Hwa walked to his wife and hugged her tightly. “You know, even if you keep nagging me, it won’t make me stop doing that Hyun, besides your I’m-mad-at-you-look is really cute.”

“Aigooo uri Oppa is still cheesy even after all this time,” she gave in and hugged him back, tightly. In the contrary to what she said she’s really thankful to God, that she married him, her first love. They stayed like that for a moment until a cute voice broke it.

“Omma I’m hungry, please make it fast and Appa stop bothering Omma, so that Omma could make the meal deliciously,”

Upon hearing the voice of their son, they broke the hug and laughed. A cute little boy pouted at the entry to their kitchen, holding a car toy in his hands. Jung Yong Hwa then bended down and helds his arms out, the little boy run into his arms and he held him.

“My son must be really hungry, Omma will make it delicious,” she said while pouring olive oil into pan for the sauce.

The little boy whispered to his Dad, “Appa please tell Omma don’t put the carrot into the sauce.”

Jung Yong Hwa smiled and whispered back to his son “Why? Do you not like it? You’re not supposed to be a picky eater.”

Seo Joo Hyun saw that and said, “What are you guys whispering about and not tell Omma?”

“Aniyo Omma, it’s just I don’t want the sauce to be salty like last time,” the little boy lied because he’s afraid of his Omma. Jung Yong Hwa just smiled.

“Mmmm? Omma never made anything too salty dear,” she said.

Jung Yong Hwa smiled, he knew that his wife always cooks like that, whether it’s too salty or too bland, but he loved her food anyway.

“Aniyo, the last time Omma cooked me pasta it’s too salty Omma,” he said.

“Oppa, was it too salty?” she asked his husband while pan frying the vegetables.

Jung Yong Hwa who stood behind her while holding their son, finally being honest about the food she cooks for the first time after ten years together, “It was a little bit salty dear, but it was okay for me, but maybe for No Ah it was too salty.”

“Aigoooo I still have a long way to go to cook perfectly like Omoni and Omma,” she let out a sigh.

“Ne Omma needs to learn again, No Ah will learn also, don’t worry Omma,” her son comforted her.

“Neeeee, Omma will learn again with No Ah next time,” Seo Joo Hyun kissed his son then continued to cook.

“I didn’t get a kiss?” her husband complained.

“Waeyo Appa? Appa wants Omma to kiss Appa?” No Ah asked.

“Neee, Appa wants Omma to kiss me too, but Omma doesn’t want to,” he said.

“Omma kiss Appa please, Appa is so sad, because Omma only kissed No Ah,” the little cute boy said to his mom.

“I have no partner in this house, No Ah always sides with Appa, ahraseoyo, Omma will kiss Appa too later, Omma is cooking now,” she said.

“Keundaeyo Omma, Omma kissed No Ah just now,” No Ah was only three years old, but he’s really smart just like Seo Joo Hyun.

“Ahraseoyooo, Appa let me kiss you,” she put down the spatula and gave her husband a peck on the lips.

“Now, please you two go wait in the dining room, I need to finish this,” she said while pouring the milk into the sauce, she made a creamy sauce this time.

“Neeeeee,” said the boys leaving the kitchen.

Just as when she thought she’s having peace, a little steps came into the kitchen again.

“Omma please don’t make it too salty,” then the cute little boy went back to his Appa.

“Neeeee,” Seo Joo Hyun answered then sighed, in the background she could hear her husband laughed at his son’s cute action.

A lovely early spring afternoon in the Jung’s resident.

to be continued

p.s. Jung No Ah is the name of their son, I don't know if that's a common name in Korea, but I really like the name ;)