Chapter 3

Coffee, Tea or... Me?!

As I stepped out of Cherry Blossom guesthouse, the sun was bright and the air was cooling, i took in a deep breath and started walking around the area to look around. There aren't many shops but many cafes can be seen. OH YES I LOVE COFFEES!! especially Matcha Frappe and Caramel Frappe oh i'm just nice craving for some coffee. Wandering around to see where to chill and relax with a cup of coffee. 

oh I almost forgot! I need to find a summer job as soon as possible to keep myself busy and spend my summer wisely. looking around, I saw my all-time-favourite Starbucks so i went and asked them whether their hiring but they said no because i'll hve to work for minimum 6 months but I'm just here for this summer. OH WELL next----

Around the area, Stabucks is the only big cafe around, others were small and just basically scattered everywhere. However, one particular cafe caught my attention very quickly as I was busy finding the perfect one to settle down. 

The cafe's name was very simple and kind of funny, A Great Big World. Cool I thought as I noticed tiny bits of marble prints on the walls of the cafe, it sure does give a cozy feeling. I carefully walked up the steep steps and slowly pushed the door open...

but there was no one, WEIRD tho I thought so I sneakily walk around with my bagpack sticking to my back, " Hello? anybody here? I'm sorry to invade but was wondering if you are hiring staffs? anyone? " I asked timidly. 

" Ah sorry yes hello! welcome to AGBW!!!! I was busy fixing the new coffee machine that arrived just now. Do take a seat, make yourself at home! " a man from the kitchen suddenly popped out signalled me to take seat. He looked like he's in his 50s? 

" I'ts okay!! You must be the owner of this cafe? I'm here to ask whether you are hiring for staff, I'm from ____ and I came korea to spend my Summer here and was wondering if you have a vacancy? Sorry to disturb! " I apologised as I await for his reply. He seemed to be busy with the mahine that there was an awkward silence throughout that 5 minutes of waiting. 

"AH yes so sorry! so! you were saying--- job? here? your name please...? " He finally asked me while holding on to a few cups with his hands. " My name is ____ and i'm 19 years old and yeah .... I have worked at cafes back home before so I am familiar with making coffees! " I replied with my fullest enthusiasm. 

Apparently he said yes. what thats all? I thought? no need to fill up some form? or employee rules and regulations slip? WHOA he is really nice :) 

So I shared about my knowledge of coffees and bakery ( I LOVE BAKING! ) I then found out that this cafe is actually a Live cafe!!! which means in the morning it would be just a normal cafe but during evening till night hour, it becomes a mini concert/ cafe whom he and his friends would play different songs using different instruments. Now that explains why there are so many instruments in the cafe. 

" so when can i start work? " i asked excitedly. " tonight. today is my son's birthday and he's having his friends around for drinks. Are you able to come? " he said while adjusting his glasses. " sure!! " I immediately agreed and thanked him for hiring me. YAY first job in korea, WaY To GO!!! 

" be here by 7!!! ;) " he shouted through the tables and chairs as I make my way out with the cute apron he gave me. It is a dark brown cotton apron with little cute drawings around it and the word A Great Big World sewed on it. Cute 

I hurriedly went back to Cherry blossom guesthouse to learn about coffees to make sure i don't embarass myself >< 3 more hours till 7. Maybe I should take a short nap. As soon as I lie down, I started my way to LALALAND so quickly that my short nap turned to a longer-than-usual nap. 

" HUH whattt... " I was awakened by the sound of my other roommate, OH it was 7.30 and I'm supposed to be there at 7 oh nononono. I hurriedly scrammbled off th bed half awake and put on a plain back tee and a dark denim jeans. I ran towards the exit as fast as i could with my apron, phone and keys to the geusthouse and a few bucks in case i'm hungry on the way back. I quickly put on my vans and ran all the way to AGBW while trying hard to look the best as I can.

I almost trip over the steps but i managed to balance myself as i pushed the door open, 10 pair of eyes turned at me with confused looks. 

It was then I realised that they all belonged to them.

yeah . EXO. THEY are staring at me.....