Chapter 34: Another Truth

Switch!

 


 

"I like you, Do Kyungsoo."

 


    These were the exact words that came out from Jongin's mouth. It was really surprising that the boy he really didn't like fell in love with him. He didn't imagine this to happen but, he was already in the situation. He didn't know what to say or how to react. "Wha... What?"

 


"I said, I like you. I love you. I need you." Jongin kept on giving hand gestures but his face was completely red. He was wishing that his first love wouldn't be miserable and unlucky. But, Jongin was waiting for a reply from Kyungsoo who just stared in shock. 

 


"So, what am I going to do?" Kyungsoo questioned Jongin since he was just telling his feelings and he looked like he was waiting for something. Jongin was dumbfounded when he realized that he wasn't asking, he was just telling something. So, Jongin found a way to ask him.

 


"Are you mad? Are you irritated? Do you want me to get out of here?" Kyungsoo giggled and stood up and faced a shy Jongin.

 


"No. This was really unexpected. But, do you really like me?" Jongin raised his head and held on Kyungsoo's shoulders. The dark kid's lips were shaking but he managed to speak off.

 


"Yes. Yes. I do like you. I promise." Jongin raised his index finger and pinky finger like Kyungsoo used to do. The little boy noticed this and started to get a little annoyed on him.

 


"Are you imitating me?" Kyungsoo was pointing on Jongin's promise gesture and the little thought that he was teasing him.

 


"No. I really found it cute when you did it so, I did it also." Kyungsoo lips formed a straight line and walked inside the house but Jongin held on his hand that caused Kyungsoo to turn around. Jongin felt that his world stopped when he held Kyungsoo's hands and looked at his face completely. They had an eye contact for few minutes before Jongin could speak.

 


"Are we still fine even though -" Kyungsoo cut him off as he smiled.

 


"Of course. Why would I change my treatment towards you?" Jongin let go of Kyungsoo as the little boy walked away leaving Jongin in a good condition. The dark kid felt happy because he didn't seem to be rejected nor accepted. He hoped that the both of them will get closer and soon they’ll both fall in love with each other.
Kyungsoo walked into his room as he opened the lights and closed the door. He brought his book and his glasses and put it on the side. Actually, he was really confused on what happened a while ago. Kyungsoo held his chest to feel his heartbeat and remembered something. The truth was Kyungsoo's heart was fluttering when Jongin confessed to him. It was the same feeling he felt on the ferris wheel on their trip. He thought that moment wasn't going to happen again but it did. He tried to act normal a while ago and wondered why his heart went crazy. 

 


"Why would I like a guy like him?" Kyungsoo stood near the window and thought of his feelings a while ago. He thought that if Sarang was right, that feelings were really powerful and you will not see it coming. It will just burst up and flutter for someone. That could be true love but he wasn't sure.

 


"This isn't right. It's too sudden."

 


Suddenly, he looked for his phone and called her sister to tell her what happened a while ago. The other line kept on ringing and finally, her sister picked it up. "Unnie, I'm going to tell you something."

 


Kyungsoo told the whole story, he even sang the love confession that Jongin performed a while ago and Jinri laughed on the other line. But, they talked about the real thing. "Really? He liked you? Well, that's great!"

 


"That wasn't great. I told you the real rules of this game right?" The night when Kyungri transformed into Kyungsoo once again was disscussed by the siblings. Kyungsoo told him the real rules of the game that he's the one to feel the true love not the others. And, Jinri found this really absurd because they realized that they can't play with Kyungsoo's feelings or else. 

 


"Learn how to love him, that's all!"

 


"Hey! You're pushing me to a thing that I am not capable of." Kyungsoo kept a secret from his sister. Truth is, there is an part in his heart that flutters when he and Jongin were together. 

 


"Ok. You have school tomorrow, sleep well, ok?" Kyungsoo put away his phone and laid his back onto his bed. He sighed deeply as he thought deeply on how he would deal with his true feelings towards Jongin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


During the break, Kyungsoo was on his locker to keep some of his books. As he closed the locker, he was shocked when he saw Luhan behind the locker's door. He was leaning his back and his arms were crossed. He looked serious but Kyungsoo managed to smile. Kyungsoo was about to talk when Luhan stood straight and interrupted him.

 


"Can I have a few minutes with you? I'll leave right away." Kyungsoo nodded in confusion but seemed like Luhan didn't like talking to him.

 


"I would like to say thank you and I'm sorry. Thank you for letting go of Sehun but it was really mean, I guess. And I'm sorry for pushing you to do it, he cried yesterday when you told him that it was better for the both of you to be friends." Luhan was about to walk away when Kyungsoo held his shoulders. So, Luhan turned to Kyungsoo with an annoyed face.

 


"You didn't push me to do that. It was also my will to do that and I think what happened was for the better. Thank you for being on his side. Please take care of him." Luhan rolled his eyes and walked away. He still hated Kyungsoo even if Sehun and him grew closer after what happened. Kyungsoo pitied Sehun because he thought that it was really burden for him but he realized that he must know the truth than expecting for nothing from him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The gang was on the cafeteria, having fun and eating well. Minseok gave Kyungsoo bread and a seat in front of Chanyeol and Baekhyun, who were always sweet with each other. Meanwhile, the gang went quiet as they saw Jongin bring a bouquet of flowers behind him. He approached Kyungsoo and kneeled in front him. The students' eyes were all on him but Jongin stayed focus on his boy. "Kyungsoo, I went to school late because of this."

 


"You actually left the house early but you managed to be late?"

 


"Just accept my little gift for you." Kyungsoo felt it again, his heart fluttered and he knew it isn’t normal. So, he grabbed at the bouquet slowly and took a smell of it. On the other side, Baekhyun felt jealous on Kyungsoo.

 


"Yeollie, you've never gave me flowers." Chanyeol put his long arms on Baekhyun's shoulder and rested his forehead on the other's.

 


"I know but I could kiss you everyday because you are mine after all." Jongin heard their conversation that caused to looked at Chanyeol fiercely. Actually, Jongin felt jealous, too since he liked to kiss Kyungsoo everyday but he couldn't. He turned his eyes to Kyungsoo once again who was talking with Joonmyeon. He studied every part of Kyungsoo's face, from eyes, nose, and lips. 

 


Kyungsoo turned his attention to the dark kid but he saw him looking at him without blinking an eye and that was weird since anyone could see him. "Hey Jongin."
He whispered. "Jongin."

 


Jongin snapped out of his imaginations and realized that Kyungsoo was talking to him. He shook his head a little and smiled brightly at Kyungsoo. "I'm sorry. I'm just really amazed with your beautiful face."

 


"You're funny." Kyungsoo smiled back and Jongin was surprised with his reaction. He thought that he would receive another bad word again but he didn't. Jongin felt that this was a transition from annoyance to being friendly. 

 


"Oh. By the way, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, can you please accompany Kyungsoo on the way home? I’ll talk with my father on his office later." Chanyeol was shocked on what he said. Chanyeol never heard Jongin talking to his father. Kyungsoo was also startled on what he heard. 

 


"Oh sure. Yeollie, do it." Baekhyun glared at his boyfriend so, Chanyeol didn't stand a chance since his cute boyfriend agreed already. Chanyeol just nodded in agreement so, Jongin smiled in satisfaction and turned his attention again to Kyungsoo who was looking at him blankly. 

 


"If you are worried, don't worry. I'll just talk with him and I won’t do anything harsh." Jongin winked and Kyungsoo found it disgusting but he hoped that everything would turn out fine after his conversation with his father since he knew that they had a not so good relationship.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun was walking down the hallway as they saw the bulletin board. The passers of the last quarter were posted and they were both on top 10 students who had a higher grade than other students. Baekhyun searched for the name of his boyfriend and luckily, he was on the 47th place. "Hey! We're both on the top 10! We both did great!"

 


Kyungsoo smiled back as he saw Luhan's name was also on the top 10. He really knew that Luhan was really competitive against him. He also saw Jongin's and Sehun's name. He sighed for success that their controversial reviewing had a great result. They were on the 60th and 61st place. He thanked the both of them in his mind that they did great. He hoped that Sehun was happy on Luhan's side since he knew that Luhan would never let him down.

 


It was dismissal time when Sehun walked towards Luhan and the Chinese was startled when Sehun surprised him at the back. Luhan wondered if Sehun had a problem once again and it would probably have something to do with Kyungsoo again. "What brings you here?"

 


They both walked the hallway harmoniously. "Nothing. I realized that we need to chill out since I don't have any assignments."

 


Luhan was surprised about this but he didn’t let him notice. He just smiled and agreed with the idea of the tall guy beside him. "Sure. Where do you want to go?"

 


Sehun suggested to go to the mall since there were a lot of things to do there. They went first to the clothing store to try some trendy clothes. Sehun wore some ripped jeans and red checkered polo with a black hat. Sehun turned around in front of Luhan and opened his arms widely. "Do these clothes suit me?"

 


Sehun smiled at him and Luhan gave him a thumbs up for satisfaction. Next, Luhan fitted some clothes but Sehun didn't like it but he was only teasing Luhan just to keep him changing clothes. Suddenly, Luhan changed into an attractive one and Sehun was startled on what he saw. He didn't find Luhan that gorgeous in his eyes but he snapped out of it. "That one looks... looks great."

 


Luhan winked at him intentionally but Sehun's mind went crazy when he saw the cute side of the Chinese and this was awkward for him since he had a bad impression of him. But now, he found Luhan was a good friend after all. Their next destination was the arcade zone where a lot of games could be played. Luhan played with Sehun in the basketball relay, where they need shoot a lot of balls in the ring. As they played the game, Luhan took the lead while Sehun was amazed with his shooting skills.

 


Finally, both of them decided to watch a movie and sat near the screen. They watched a romantic movie with the popcorn between them. They both focused on the movie and suddenly, Sehun talked.

 


"Luhan." Luhan looked at him filled with curiosity. 

 


"Thank you."

 


"For what?"

 


"For being on my side whenever I'm feeling down."

 


Luhan smiled back as he leaned his head on Sehun's shoulder and the tall guy was startled but he didn't move an inch. He felt comfortable with their position. He didn't expect that they would be much closer than he expected.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


At the same time, Jongin finally entered the CEO's office. His face was really blank and it has been a while since he visited his dad at work. But, his dad wasn't on his office. He thought that he was in a meeting so, he sat comfortably on the couch few meters away from the office table. He couldn't stand the silence in the room so, he roamed around the office. He looked on the window and appreciated the height of the building of Canyon Building Enterprises. He observed every corners of the room as noticed something on the table.

 


"Why would my father have a medical record?" Jongin grabbed the folder that had a medical emblem on it. He looked around the office and opened the folder. He saw the medical record and it wasn't his father’s.

 


"Do Hakyung... Do Soora... Do? Deceased?" Jongin was really puzzled as he saw the names in the medical record. He thought that these people were related to Kyungsoo but at the back of his mind, he thought why would his father keep medical records of deceased people.

 


Suddenly, his father entered the office, surprised as he saw his son. But, he was more surprised when he saw that his son was holding his deepest secret from the past. He quickly walked to Jongin and grabbed the papers from his grasp. Jongin was confused when his father changed his mood. "Who are they?"

 


The CEO moved his chair backwards and he was about to sit but Jongin shouted. "WHO ARE THEY?!"

 


"Jongin, please go home. I'm going to talk to you later."

 


"What is their relationship with Do Jinri?" His father looked down as his sweat fell down his sideburns. He was trembling as his son was questioned him. His legs went weak and his fist curled up. He had no choice but to tell the truth to his son.

 


"That day of the accident....." Jongin looked at his father who was really scared and nervous.

 


"Your mother wasn't the only one who got killed." Jongin was shocked and his wrath at his father grew stronger.

 


"Do Jinri's parents were also killed that day. I'm still blaming myself that those kids lost their parents." Jongin couldn't believe that his father also killed the relatives of his loved one. He clenched his teeth and fists as he was about to forget that the person in front of him was his father.

 


"I killed Do Jinri's parents." Jongin's eyes grew bigger as he slammed his palm down to the wooden table. Suddenly, there were sound of folders falling to the ground. They looked from where it came from. They didn't expect what they saw. CEO Kim sat down on his place while Jongin's gaze went unsteady.

 


Do Jinri was crying in front of the door. She was crying hardly as she heard the truth behind the culprit of the death of his parents.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

A/N: 

The names I used for Do Kyungsoo's parents were legit. I don't know what are the names of his parents.

Here's the new chapter for you <3 Keep subscribing and reading <3

Stay tuned. I love you <3